[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rec me some good Swans songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: swans_22.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4800) Image search: [Google]
swans_22.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4800
Hey /mu/, I've been on here for about a month now. All I see you guys talk about is Swans, I'd never even heard of them before.

So I listened to a song of theirs, "Love will save you", it was pretty good. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some of your favorite songs by them. I'd appreciate it.

>inb4 wow you've never listened to swans what a pleb
>>
yes you should listen to guillotine
>>
the one where gira rapes that girl
>>
File: T1nYeZe.jpg (727 KB, 2437x1448) Image search: [Google]
T1nYeZe.jpg
727 KB, 2437x1448
>>
>>66339735
That's a Death Grips song.
>>
>>66339722
Start with Various Failures to get a taste of some of their more accessible stuff, then listen to The Glowing Man, The Seer, and Too Be Kind, then listen to cop/young god/holy money, and filth, then listen to Soundtracks for the Blind.
>>
>>66339788
***to be kind. Fucking typos
>>
Coward
New Mind
Blind
Failure
Blackmail
Helpless Child
I Am The Sun
Mother/Father
I Was A Prisoner in Your Skull
Yum Yab Killers
How They Suffer
Eden Prison
Little Mouth
No Words/No Thoughts
Apostate
Lunacy
Oxygen
She Loves Us!
The Glowing Man
The Cloud of Unknowing
>>
>>66339775
>>66339788
>>66339906

Thank you anons. Looks like I have a lot of listening to do.
>>
>>66339722
>songs
Swans are not for you.
>>
>>66339906
No songs from Filth? Stay Here, Big Strong Boss and Power for Power are some of Swans' best tracks
>>
>>66340010
I noticed that... Haven't really delved into stuff earlier than Children of God, sorry. All three of those songs are great though.
>>
File: 1466900478174.jpg (3 MB, 3754x3394) Image search: [Google]
1466900478174.jpg
3 MB, 3754x3394
>>66339775
This is the old chart.

With Swans there is a predicament with songs. The albums are knit very fine that sometimes everything just comes together very well. I can't compare Swans tracks, but Albums are another story. Just listen to the albums that interest you the most rather then searching for other people's opinion on what is the best songs.
>>
My life changed forever once I listened to Soundtracks for the Blind, and I mean that truthfully - it's something I try to explain to others but I think it's something that must be experienced, not simply told. It took me by surprise, and I owe it a lot of my personal creative growth ever since. My skin tingles whenever I ruminate on it. I hope others have similar, powerful, meaningful reactions. It's a wonder and lure of music to me that such evocative things can come of sound and setting.

guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.