[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he really a genius? His songs are all lullabies with zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: syd2.jpg (92 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
syd2.jpg
92 KB, 620x400
Was he really a genius? His songs are all lullabies with zero complexity and childish lyrics
>>
>>66319764
>zero complexity
I bet you can't play "Have you got it yet?"
>>
>>66319785
Why I would want to play a meme "song"?
>>
>>66319764
They are very complex for rock music. Also he managed to pretty much create true psychedelia.
If you listen to earlier psych rock it's really just rock music with a part recorded backwards or a sitar part.

Syd managed to write interesting pop songs in unusual time signatures and keys that still sounded conventionally "good". He also managed to make revolutionary improve songs and pretty much invented the jam.
>>
>>66319858
lmao you can't. Too complex for you.
OP BTFO
>>
>>66319764
>Was he really a genius?
no, but if you really scrutinize his shit, there are some undeniably great moments... sadly not enough to justify all the bullshit. its rough, I know several people in my life that have a similar illness, raw unbridled talent/songwriting but coupled with a lack of self awareness and lack of consistences. there's nothing you can do for this this self sabotaging personality, for anyone that's been in several bands tell me you havent run into a few syd barretts. its kill because they can make good music they just won't allow you the privilege of hearing it
>>
>>66319866
>for rock music
Scruffy was wrong. This is why rock will never be taken seriously as a genre.
>>
>>66319866
>unusual time signatures
Kek what the fuck are you talking about? Give one example
>>
>>66319920
Yeah I'm exactly like Syd, I'm a genius but I'm also insane so I'm pretty difficult to work with. But I'm working on it, trying to solve my problems
>>
>>66319969
this. rock isn't about muh complexity.
>>
>>66319764
Listen to Astronomy Domine OP, thank me later
>>
Yes, listen to Interstellar Overdrive and shut up
>>
>>66320177
>>66320207
Done, still an overrated hack
>>
>>66320047
the #1 thing, just make sure you don't kid with other people. if you think youre a songwriter just have your shit together and dont waste anyones time. also get ready to meet a ton of people who dont know shit about about anything when it comes to music, but latch on to people who are willing to participate and enhance your songs
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.