[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
funk > rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: sly-red-300x432.jpg (74 KB, 599x432) Image search: [Google]
sly-red-300x432.jpg
74 KB, 599x432
funk > rock
>>
>sweeping generalizations of large groups

Fuck off to pol you racist shitlord
>>
>>66311437
what
>>
>>66311437
literally how?
>>
>funk
Disco, electro, synthpop, techno, IDM, acid jazz, future jazz, nu funk, deep funk, modern funk, hip hop, go-go, future funk, timba, afro-funk, afro-beat, jazz-funk

>rock
60 years of tfwngf and teenage angst
>>
>>66311533
>acid jazz
>idm
>techno
>synthpop
>electro

>funk

That's a huge ass stretch m8.
>>
>>66311825
Electro (short for either electro-funk, or electro-boogie)[3][4] is a genre of electronic music and early hip hop directly influenced by the use of TR-808 drum machines,[5][6] and funk.[7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(music)

In Detroit, techno resulted from the melding of African American music including Chicago house, funk, electro, and electric jazz with electronic music by artists such as Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, and Yellow Magic Orchestra.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno

Intelligent dance music (IDM) is a genre of electronic music that emerged in the early 1990s. Its creation was influenced by developments in underground dance music such as Detroit techno

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_dance_music
>>
>>66311890
Detroit techno != techno though.

Those were all influenced by funk in a way, some of then really slightly (idm being influenced by a genre that in it's remote origins was influenced by funk in a way, for instance) but to consider all of those as part of funk or funk sub-genres like funk-jazz, synth-funk and such is still a huge stretch.
>>
>>66311970
Yeah but without funk there would be no electro-funk and without electro, no Cybotron or Detroit techno to then lead to techno and eventually ambient techno and IDM.

Plus, without the funk, there would be no amens, so none of the breakbeat side of IDM either.
>>
>>66311471
>>66311437
This bigot asshole thinks he can reduce two whole genres full of individuality down and then has the tenacity to actually think he can judge one as being better than the other. No different than misogynystic, xenophobic, racist rhetoric that some drumpf supporter would spew
>>
>>66312096
See, I'm actually really far left and involved in social causes. A large portion of mu would probably refer to me as an "SJW". And I think this is nonsense. You're using words like xenophobic and misogynist as buzzwords. It honestly reads like a parody of what someone would say.

Plus, funk > rock.
>>
>>66312096
funk > rock

Cry more
>>
>>66311416
But Sly was rock in many ways.
>>
>>66312258
Its all just variations on rhythm and blues.
>>
>>66312258
Yeah, Psychedelic Soul is literally just black people's answer to psychedelic rock. It's superior in every way.
>>
>>66312212
You obviously aren't far left or you'd realize how absurd you sound right now, go back to pol asshole
>>66312225
I'm not crying I'm just making you aware of your toxic thinking style that contributes to today's problems
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.