[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the worst generals on /mu/? And the best? My votes/reasoning:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1468096979296.png (456 KB, 716x712) Image search: [Google]
1468096979296.png
456 KB, 716x712
What are the worst generals on /mu/? And the best?
My votes/reasoning:

WORST:

>/RYM/ - /soc/ shit, plain and simple. no music discussion whatsoever, only RYM melodrama. doesn't belong on the board.
>/noise/ - underage overload, nothing but kids who have no idea what they're talking about and spamming awful Bandcamp and Soundcloud crap. zero education on the genre and its history, zero capability to find music on their own(the same 10-15 meme albums from /mu/ and RYM get discussed over and over and over, and seeing people talk about big black, animal collective and lightning bolt under the impression that they are relevant to the general's purpose is not uncommon), they can't even explain what it is they like about noise and instead just get belligerent when asked. no other general on /mu/ is as unqualified to discuss its subject. no reason to exist.
>/daily/ - smug "post-ironic" tripfag circlejerk, doesn't even belong on /mu/ due to how little time is actually spent talking about music(and even when they do it their conversations are on the level of 15-year old RYM reviewers)and how much is spent on circlejerking and memes, somehow for all the effort they put into crafting unique musical identities for themselves they all listen to the same artists and fall back entirely on spoonfeeding when it comes to hearing new music

BEST:

>/trad/ - sincere and educated people and discussion. the nature of the music and its lack of meme or "edgy" potential keeps idiots away.
>/bleep/ - funny and smart crowd. quality banter. aside from /metal/, the only general which knows how to treat dilettantes and babies begging for spoonfeeding(by telling them to fuck off)
>/metal/ - a wide variety of posters with a wide variety of interests makes for a varied and dynamic general. even with all the shitposting, still one of the better places on the board.
>/jazz/ - same deal as /trad/. unfortunately not as regular as it once was.

Thoughts?
>>
worst is /kpg/
best is /bleep/
prove me wrong
>>
i dont know much but kpop and emo are cancer
>>
kpg is way better for a kpop fan than emoe, classical, and noise are for fans of those genres
>>
>>66307400
>seeing people talk about big black, animal collective and lightning bolt under the impression that they are relevant to the general's purpose is not uncommon)
Lmao gave away the shitpost, but nice try
>>
>>66307400
marcel core are the best threads
>>
>>66307400
you´re being pretty much an asshole towards all non-commercial artists
>>
>>66307400
>even with all the shitposting, still one of the better places on the board
Then you're the cancer, haha
>>
>/noise/ - underage overload, nothing but kids who have no idea what they're talking about and spamming awful Bandcamp and Soundcloud crap. zero education on the genre and its history, zero capability to find music on their own(the same 10-15 meme albums from /mu/ and RYM get discussed over and over and over, and seeing people talk about big black, animal collective and lightning bolt under the impression that they are relevant to the general's purpose is not uncommon), they can't even explain what it is they like about noise and instead just get belligerent when asked. no other general on /mu/ is as unqualified to discuss its subject. no reason to exist.

Depressingly accurate.
I actually used to make /noise/ threads and contribute to them on the regular back when barely anyone else gave a shit about them(they were already quite bad at that point, but there were times when it really looked like there was potential for decency in them), in some misguided hope that they could be improved with more effort and enthusiasm put into them.
Now I truly regret prolonging their lifespan instead of just letting them die, if I knew back then that they would end up being as worthless as they are I would not have made a single post in any of them.
>>
>>66307400
/bandcamp/ is a great general.
/daily/ is definitely the worst
>>
kpop literally does not interact with the rest of the board in any way whatsoever
complaining about them is pointless
>>
/dgg/ is a fucking embarrassment to this board
>>
>>66307400
this general is the worst
>>
delete this thread
this board is about music
not about how we talk about music
SAGE
>>
>>66308521
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/66064170#p66065234
>>
>>66308299
that's the best part about them, it works great as a containment general.
>>
>>66308021
>I actually used to make /noise/ threads and contribute to them on the regular back when barely anyone else gave a shit about them
Likewise but honestly there aren't any /noise/ threads anymore because any thread labeled noise immediately descends into a pathetic and neverending meta bitchfest before any noise is discussed
>>
>>66308597
yo dude delete this thread
this board is about music
not for talking about tripfriends
>>
>>66307400
/funk&soul/ are ok when they take off
>>
>>66308799
I have never seen a /funk&soul/ thread.
>>
>>66307400
>worst
>not kpop and /grimes/
>>
>>66309282
>/grimes/

THIS
>>
>>66307400
Fuck you Rato you prick. There's a fucking rat in my home and its setting off the traps. It fucking set one trap off by pushing it against another.

And now I come onto /mu/ and see this little cunt staring at me with those smug beady eyes.

I swear to fuck I'm going to scramble it's little brains like i did to its family.
>>
File: IMG_2219_proc.jpg (692 KB, 2098x3147) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2219_proc.jpg
692 KB, 2098x3147
>>66307426
>>66307466
>>66308299
>>66309282
Who's your waifu?
>>
>>66309621
yuri
>>
File: 1467880057160.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467880057160.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
/mu/ doesn't like KPG
>>
>>66307400
kpopg is the best general
>>
>>66307400
everything pretentious like kpg, grimes, muh indie avangarde and so on...
>>
>>66309708
>everything pretentious
so the entire board?
>>
>>66309621
im not a degenerate like you
>>
There has never been a good general on this board.
>>
/bleep/ lad
>>
>>66311709
innit the truth
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.