[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
listening to this for the first time baked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: to pimp.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
to pimp.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
yeah, i know i'm the last person here to listen to this album.
I was probably getting into hip hop around this time this came out and from what i've heard its the sort of hip hop i tend to like, but for whatever never listened to it.

so far not digging the first track as much as i was expecting but i'll give it a full listen
>>
also i'm worried that if i don't like it i'm just far too white for hip hop and should just go back to listening to rock and folk all the time lol
>>
>>66302965
>not liking one of the best tracks in the album.
If you don't like funk or jazz you should just stop because you will not like the album at all.
>>
>>66302981
why does your skin color identify what you listen to
>>
>>66303070

Hmmm, may be the case.

I do love soul-influenced hip hop, but I'm not a big fan of the funky side of this.

Still good though.
>>
>>66303086
it was more just a joke because the music i listen to is very white. it's something i'm quite conscious of cause i'd rather listen to a more diverse spread of music?
>>
I didn't like Loveless the first time I listened to it. Now it's one of my favourites. Listen to albums multiple times before you decide it's not for you.
>>
I love "U". The rapping and the atmosphere of the jazzy music is just brilliant.
>>
>>66303135
also the emotional breakdown with the "housekeeping" part is the peak of the album t b h
>>
>>66302981
imo the first few tracks are still good, but it really comes into its own towards the end.
>>
>>66303070
I absolutely love jazz but this album barely has anything to do with it lmao
>>
Start with Section 80 IMO
>>
>>66302965
I listened to this album a few months ago for the first time. Didn't really like it too much at first either but now it's in my top 10. I've probably listened at least 5 or 6 times since.
>>
Grammy bait
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.