[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Peacebone 2. Unsolved Mysteries 3. Chores 4. For Reverend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
1. Peacebone
2. Unsolved Mysteries
3. Chores
4. For Reverend Green
5. Fireworks
6. Safer
8. Winter Wonderland
9. Streetflash
10. Cuckoo Cuckoo
11. Derek

thoughts?
>>
I'm in the minority here, but I think #1 isn't that great. Remove that from this tracklist and it becomes perfect.
>>
>>66303277
i really like #1, moreso than Winter Wonderland/Unsolved Mysteries
>>
>>66303357
It's not really a bad track, it's very soothing, but it's not always my cup of tea. Feels sort of B-Sidey
>>
Do you guys put Safer and Streetflash somewhere in the tracklisting in the album? Or just stick them on as a "bonus disc" at the end
>>
Not bad, but no Cobwebs?

1. Peacebone
2. For Reverend Green
3. Fireworks
4. Safer
5. Winter Wonder Land
6. Cuckoo Cuckoo
7. Derek
8. Cobwebs
>>
>>66303443
i personally have Safer on the Peacebone single and Street Flash on the Water Curses EP
>>66303446
i wouldn't remove chores personally and Cobwebs isn't great as a closer imo
>>
>>66303472
>peacebone single

Not a fan of keeping singles that are also present on an album. I mean a full EP headed by one album song is fine (Girl/Boy from Aphex Twin) but just for the b-side? nah. Also I don't want to fuck with the tracklisting of SJ.

Think I'll stick Safer on the end of the water curses EP, would that work? never heard the song before
>>
Safer, Cuckoo Cuckoo and For Reverend Green are the best tracks of SJ period
>>
>>66303671
if you're gonna put it on Water Curses i would put it between Street Flash and Cobwebs or between Water Curses and Street Flash
>>66303786
i think Fireworks deserves to be up there
>>
>>66303472
>Cobwebs isn't great as a closer

it literally would've ended the album on the word "strawberry" tho
>>
>>66303860
will do my dude
>>
>>66302964
after listening to this, i'm gonna make an amendment:

Switch Cuckoo Cuckoo and Street Flash, that transition from Winter Wonderland to Cuckoo Cuckoo is too important
>>
>>66303446
get rid of derek and this is perfect
>>
>>66302964
I don't get it, why does everyone seem to rate For Reverend Green so high?
Can someone please explain what it is about the song that you like so much
>>
>>66304993
emotional lyrics+great vocal delivery+very catchy
>>
>>66304993
this isn't a ranking, it's an alternate tracklist, but either way

For Reverend Green is catchy as fuck, has a weird ass dancey beat, some great Avey vocals
>>
>>66302964
as much as i love this album to death, sometimes i wonder if ending with cuckoo cuckoo would have made the album just a bit stronger

also, its a shame that safer wasn't included
>>
also, thoughts on the original reverend green vs. full version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuexbadSlXs
>>
>>66305108
i like studio better
>>
>>66302964
There's a lot wrong with that. First of all, it breaks the For Reverend Green > Fireworks > #1 three song streak, which is the best on the album. The only way Safer would logically make sense on the album would be if it were the second to last track on the album. Basically I think that Safer should have replaced Cuckoo Cuckoo, and had Cuckoo Cuckoo be on the Peacebone single. Cuckoo Cuckoo just sounds like a more condensed version of Safer. Also, Street Flash doesn't belong anywhere on the second half of the album. You don't seem to know much about structuring an album. The most logical way for Street Flash to be placed on the album would be in between Unsolved Mysteries and Chores, but I feel like that still breaks the flow to a degree. I honestly think the best place for Street Flash was the Water Curses EP, which I see as it's own thing, and actually prefer to Strawberry Jam.
>>
>>66302964
>>66303277
>>66303443
>>66303446
>>66303472
>>66303671
>>66303860
>>66304009
>>66304034
>>66304077
>>66304127
>>66305038
>>66308858
>changing the tracklist of an album
This is autistic. Even when Kanye did it, it was autistic. This is coming from someone who loves Animal Collective.
>>
>>66309051
i just made it as a hypothetical, not as something i would actually replace the album with

they had pressed a double LP for this album because those two songs were supposed to be on it, so i wanted to see where they'd best fit
>>
>>66309051
Do you try to put down people who are autistic because you feel like the lack of an autism diagnosis is all you have to feel good about yourself?
>>
>>66309051
I think we were talking hypothetically, dude.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.