[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Wavves worth seeing in concert? I like his two Lo fi albums,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (2 MB, 1259x744) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1259x744
Is Wavves worth seeing in concert?
I like his two Lo fi albums, KOTB, Life Sux, and the GTA single...his last two albums though, I really didn't like much at all, especially Afraid of Heights. Anyways it's 60$ to see Wavves in Phoenix and I was just wondering if his concerts are fun or if it would be worth it for a casual fan. I'm over 21 too. Thanks all
>>
>>66299313
60$ what the fuck kind of bullshit is that.
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 640x1136
>>66299329
On a Thursday too, I couldn't even get drunk.
>>
>>66299313
His voice live is pretty meh IMO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9yp2wVWdiU
>>
>>66299313
idk if you try to sell him coke he might rob you
>>
>>66299313
>Wavves
More like
>Cuccks
>>
>>66299313
I'd say skip it

As someone in the same boat on Wavves, I feel like after the whole twitter rant he just went on, there are gonna be a lot of image-obsessed twitter nerds who'll want to be associated with Wavves because he said he didn't want trump supporters etc. to go to his shows.

But I live near Williamsburg so maybe Phoenix isnt as bad as my experiences.

Besides, 60 bucks is a fuckin' ripoff.
>>
>>66299313
Yes, their shows are incredibly fun and I've been twice. Usually I avoid the pit and watch the shows from either directly up front or on the balcony, but I had so much fun I went to the pit and crowd surfed for the first time. They play a mix of old and new songs if that concerns you.
>>
>>66299313
Afraid of heights is their best album get out of here man
>>
>>66299313
not worth it, especially the path theyve chosen lately, bands who go on the 'tumblr' side dont deserve any respect
>>
Both times I've seen Wavves have been among the worst show experiences of my life because of the retarded fratdude/indiekid crossover fans, and as a band they are absolutely fucking horrendous live. $60 is also fucking LUDICROUS for any show, let alone D-list Green Day.
>>
>>66299681
wavves is awful but so are autistic alt-right neckbeards. please go back to your containment board.
>>
Hey everyone OP here. I've been reading comments I just dozed off. I have one main concern ...Wavves is a punk band so I didn't expect them to be that great live anyways, but....
are the mosh pits cool? Like older teens and young 20s just having fun? Or is it full blown try hard retarded 16 year olds? Like would a moderately responsible 23 year old be out of place in his mosh pits ?
>>
>>66299764
The show I went to in Orange County was full of 20 somethings getting their drink on but not full blown wasted. The mosh pit couldn't have been more fun.
>>
>>66299442
>>66299442
Damn that's awful! Can anyone confirm ? Or was he just having a bad night
>>
>>66299783
I'm sold then... Thanks everyone .
>>
>>66299442
What a dull band. A band that sonically harkens back to the 90s but aesthically retains almost none of it. Absolutely no energy, even the bass and rhythm guitarists can barely muster the strength to move.

Wouldn't waste my time on that m8
>>
>>66299681
>I only listen to music that aligns with my views

What's it like only listening to country?
>>
>>66299764
>Wavves is a punk band

no the fuck they're not
>>
>60$
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1441288964096.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441288964096.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
of course! It's a great, inclusive, safe, body positive, tolerant, and PoC-friendly experience :)
>>
>>66299313
They're shit live. Save your money.
>>
On the topic of Wavves, Wavvves is their best album. I still listen to that album religiously, those crunchy guitars and nofi vocals never get old.
>>
File: 1467911607954.jpg (110 KB, 718x628) Image search: [Google]
1467911607954.jpg
110 KB, 718x628
>>66299858
>What's it like only listening to country?
>alt right
>country
that would be neo folk. sieg heil!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.