[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /mu/, I've been banging my fucking face into the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Alright /mu/, I've been banging my fucking face into the wall trying to find this artist I'd heard a while back. Here are some shitty clues, maybe you can help me solve this mystery.
>contemporary synth pop, came out in the last couple of years
>female vocalist, possibly british
>the lyrics were about being obsessed over her crush
>some out of place, unnerving sample looped in the background
>music video was tight shots of her eating candy, lots of bright pastel colors
>I think the artist went by something like "pop music" or something generic like that.

For the love of all fuck help me /mu/.
>>
https://youtu.be/lwnoSeiAFSY
>>
got you senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q
>>
>>66299163
was it something from PC music
>>
>>66299187
Jesus christ i couldnt even make it past the first vocal what the fuck even is that? Everything about that song is awful
>>
>>66299187
Nah, but thanks for trying. Came across the song I'm looking for in some plebbit thread about unintentionally disturbing songs and haven't been able to find the thread or the track since.
>>
It wouldnt happen to be by chvrches would it?
>>
>>66299204
YOU ARE THE FUCKING MAN.

This was the song I was looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flgWCAaq4oI
>>
>>66299200
This guy gets the runner-up prize. A shiny new set of doubles.
>>
>>66299263
Is that like some sort of wannabe of bjork or something sounds like discount shop bjork
>>
>>66299288
I get that same kind of vibe. Personally, I think it's so shit it's good. I think she needs a good near death experience or traumatic event to push her over into producing some genuinely unnerving post-pop commentary on shitty millenial culture. This is just right on the border.
>>
are you guys new to pc music or something
>>
>>66299388
I have literally never heard of this phrase PC music so i guess i am new
>>
>>66299443
pc music exaggerates pop and dance music tropes to make fun of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA

hey qt makes fun of branding in dance music, qt only exists to sell a drink called qt. its supposed to be funny but its not trying to be shitty.
>>
>>66299388
OP here, I guess I am.

Been digging through Hannah Diamond's stuff since some kind anon cracked the code for me, and it does actually disturb me on some level. It's so ungodly synthetic and dishonest. Go on /x/ now and then and you'll find threads about pop stars undergoing Monarch Programming, which is some tier 1 tinfoil shit, but I can't help but feel like the whole style is referencing that somehow. The glittery, dead-eyed, dance monkey dance sound and overtly shallow lyrics just seem like a cue that there's something darker to be taken away from it.
>>
>>66299528
Does die antwoord count as PC music since they exagerate and mock hip hop tropes or are they something else entirly?
>>
>>66299187
this is so bad
>>
>>66299642
pc music is a record label
>>
>>66299688
Oh here i am thinking its a genrea
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.