[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This sounded so bizarre the first time I heard it but something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
This sounded so bizarre the first time I heard it but something kept calling me back. Now I love it and am wondering if there's more music that is known to have this effect on people.
>>
TMR really is just a special record. Kid A kind of did it for me and jazz records are always a good relisten. Try all the other top 10 of scarfuii's list for records that require multiple listens. Check out Rock Bottom
>>
>>66298717
>the second listen of an album isn't implied
No wonder so many people here like shoegaze.
>>
>>66298717
Can you get me the link for that list? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>66298747
Uh, 3rd sentence. I thought it was implied
>>
File: dna.jpg (38 KB, 319x301) Image search: [Google]
dna.jpg
38 KB, 319x301
Try this
>>
>>66298717
I've looked through the list. Rock Bottom is a favorite of mine. Tremendous record. Hell I love almost all of that top 10. I don't like a lot of Scaruffi's opinions but he made a solid list.
It seems Twin Infinitives is the most difficult taste to acquire. It's barely music, almost atonal noise, but that bordering along the line is probably the point of it.
>>66298749
http://www.scaruffi.com/music/best100.html
>>
>>66298749
http://www.scaruffi.com/music/best100.html

You might be new. Don't believe the memes about scarufii. His top 100 is a good base point for getting into weirder stuff from the past decades.
>>
>>66298784
I can listen to TMR but not Twin Infinitives. It hurts my head
>>
>>66298789
For some reason I thought it was a list of albums that would specifically require multiple listens, not just his Rock list, no wonder it wasn't popping up.
>>
>>66298761
>the second listen of any new album isn't implied
How can you even say you know an album if you can't anticipate a given part?
>>
>>66298816
The thing is that you can google "albums that require multiple listens". However, all you get is rym lists, reddit threads, and dad rock forums. These resources aren't that great anyways. Since a person can get an album with the first listen. I hope you find such a list anon.
>>
>>66298860
I forgot I responded to a shit post.
>>
>>66298747
Why are you calling out shoegaze? Are you implying that shoegaze is shallow music?
>>
>>66298930
Are you insinuating to the contrary?
>>
>>66298944
Yes. Could you not already tell? lol
>>
>>66298983
Just checking :^)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.