[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any bands that started god tier, fell into the bottom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nwl0r0Ycp21tezt7xo1_400.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwl0r0Ycp21tezt7xo1_400.png
8 KB, 400x400
are there any bands that started god tier, fell into the bottom of the barrel and rise again to even better?
>>
>>66294030
Animal Collective
>>
>>66294030
Swans
>>
>>66294030
pink floyd
>>
>>66294030
Swans
>>
>>66294066
This guy beat me to it. They started off amazing with STGSTV, then get into some stupid "deep" shit from DM to HCTI, then do some truly fantastic stuff from SJ to MPP.

If you disagree you're just some teenager who only cares about ADD gimmicks instead of well made songwriting.
>>
>>66294066
unless they put a great album after painting with maybe amd even then painting with isn't bottom of the barrel
>>66294094
the burning world would be their lowest point? maybe
>>
The Avalanches are currently in the rock shit bottom so I hope they can rise to the top

Also don't agree with Swans. Soundtracks for the blind is their best release and hasn't been topeed by the seer or TBK.
>>
>>66294197
Filth - Burning World - SFTB
Duh
>>
>>66294030
Celtic Frost
>>
>>66294076
Literally when did they hit bottom?

Soundtracks For The Blind is their masterpiece
>>
>>66294118
But..
Campfire Songs?
>>
>>66294288
see >>66294253
duh
>>
>>66294030
>>
>>66294314
Cool ideas, but crappy execution. The album meanders for way too long which doesn't work either in the context of good interesting songwriting nor in the idea of them being campfire songs or songs to listen to while in nature. Doggy's a great track though it gives me the feels every time cuz I relate hard to it, but outside my personal connection to some of the tracks I can't honestly say it's great music.
>>
>>66294352
I was thinking this and bowie
>>
>>66294118
That era has excellent songwriting, it's just much more subtle. Can you really not hear the pop formulas at work in songs like Essplode or Hey Light? Just because it's experimental doesn't mean it's 2deep4u substanceless trash. I recommend you relisten to it.
>>
>>66294420
Everyone to their own, I guess.
Where some people would consider it a bit boring, I notice small things like the guitar in De Soto De Son, very simple, but for some reason I feel a bit sad when hearing it.
Depends on the person.
>>
>>66294500
There's good stuff there, but again, it's hidden in layers of stuff that they would later improve upon. Not to mention Essplode's a bad example because it's one of the best tracks they made during that time.

>>66294577
Well, like I said, some of that stuff gives me feels, too. Doesn't mean it's actually good. I get feels from Rihanna's Where Have You Been? too. Doesn't mean it's good either.
>>
>>66294030
The Avalanches?
>>
Wire
David Bowie
Coil
Also Ride if you count Coming Up for Air.
>>
Arcade Fire. After Neon Bible they were finished.
>>
U2
They're back better than ever
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-26_09-31-50.png (667 KB, 478x720) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-26_09-31-50.png
667 KB, 478x720
>>66294352
EWBAITE and white don't touch blue/pinkerton by a long shot; unfortunate truth
>>
>>66294689
Here's some of the great tracks off of Danse Manatee, supposedly their worst

>Another White Singer
>Essplode
>Meet the Light Child
>Throwin the Round Ball
>Lablakely Dress
>In The Singing Box

Plus songs like Bad Crumbs and The Living Toys which are soaked in a beautiful atmosphere that everyone seems to enjoy. I guess you could argue that Feels did it a little better with stuff like Loch Raven and Daffy Duck, but for the most part it stands on its own as a very good and really pretty album that's just as cohesive as their other work. Do you not like those songs?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.