[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is rock music dead? it's because there isn't anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Classic_Rock_Bands.jpg (100 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Classic_Rock_Bands.jpg
100 KB, 600x450
why is rock music dead? it's because there isn't anything interesting left to do with the genre?

There hasn't been any innovative or interesting rock music since GS!BE and some other post-rock bands that aren't that well known anyway.

The rock-star concept is also dead after Kurt Cobain killed himself.
>>
>>66293711
Cringe. Only good artists in that picture are the Kinks and the Velvet Underground. Nirvana is fucking trash and Kurt was not the last rockstar, that was GG Allin. Kurt was actual the prototypical whiny, self loathing tumblr nu male. Rock music ran its course, like every form of music eventually will. I give traditional hip hop ten more years, maximum. It's in its peak at the moment. Something new will come along, even if it's somewhat derivative.
>>
>>66293711
Godspeed is well known. Anyway the greatest album of 2014 (just two years ago) was Salad Days and that's rock so I don't know why you're whining kiddo
>>
>>66293771
Last rock band-Nirvana. TVU utter trash. Kinks- meh ok
>>
>>66293711
>run dmc
>rock
>>
because of memes
>>
>>66293835
>TVU - utter trash

neck yourself, the velvets (and arguably Zappa, with his Stravinsky influence) are probably the only rock band of the 60's to reach the high brow
>>
>>66293711
>why is rock music dead? it's because there isn't anything interesting left to do with the genre?
>There hasn't been any innovative or interesting rock music since GS!BE and some other post-rock bands that aren't that well known anyway.

There were over 151 post-rock releases in 2015. You telling me you listened to all of them and deem that none of them doing anything interesting?

>The rock-star concept is also dead after Kurt Cobain killed himself.

Yes, but also because rock music got less about having a good time and more about darker subjects. Rap and eletronic/house has since taken up the mantle of being about having a good time. Not only that the internet becoming more widespread making it so even the best release will remain in a corner of the internet as there are a hundred other artists who might sate the thirst of someone.
>>
>>66293711
>public enemy
>rock
Anyway, the good shit in rock is not as well known like Swans. The day someone does something Swans-like in the mainstream is the day "rock is not dead".
>>
You're looking in the wrong places. There's still tons of experimentation and crazy bullshit going on.
>>
>>66293711
>kiss
>guns n roses
>canned heat
>three dog night
>bon jovi
>acdc
>boston
>blue oyster cult
>rainbow
>blondie
>most jefferson airplane
>dio
>foghat
>most t rex
>alice cooper
>def leppard
>iron butterfly
>lynryd skynryd
>run dmc
>nazareth
>most cream
>cheap trick
>aerosmith
>joan jett
>tom petty
>the police
>zz top
>humble pie
>yardbirds
>sex pistols
>eagles
>chicago
>good portion of grateful dead

>interesting

kill yourself
>>
>>66294033
fuck i left out like even 10 more bands

you are a disgrace to everyone you've ever met
>>
>>66294016
Examples pls
>>
File: 65493.jpg (30 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
65493.jpg
30 KB, 479x720
>>66294033
>>
>>66294065
Lovely Little Girls immediately comes to mind. There's also Lightning Bolt.
and Electric Wizard (even if not that experimental)
and Melt-Banana
and Deerhoof
and Child Abuse
and a probably fuck ton more I'm forgetting about.
>>
>>66294231
>noise rock band #834
>innovative
>>
>>66293711
>after Kurt Cobain killed himself

I'd say it's dead because Marilyn Manson purposefully ran it into the ground, partially as a reaction against teenagers idolizing Cobain after his death.
>>
>>66294346
Never listened to Marylin Manson, or Nirvana for that matter. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>66293771
>The Velvet Underground is good
>Black Sabbath isn't
Kys, you hipster fuck
>>
>>66294491
>liking a shitty Cream ripoff band
>>
File: 1467004629634.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1467004629634.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>66293771
>pink floyd is worse than the kinks
>>
>>66294307
They're all a hell of a lot more innovative than pretty much everything listed in the image.
>>
>>66294521
>droning Lester Bangs during a period about which Bangs himself later retrospectively he was ignorant of music
>>
File: 1467007212343.jpg (49 KB, 899x674) Image search: [Google]
1467007212343.jpg
49 KB, 899x674
>>66294583
>>
>>66294583
Have you ever heard of the Velvet Underground
Cool band, you should check them out
>>
>>66294794
"Pretty much everything" is not the same as everything. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that at least 90% of the bands listed are mediocre.
>>
>>66294606
>>
>>66294033
>dio on that list
triggered
>>
>>66293771
>something new

Like we all don't know Animal Collective's music is the next big thing whether you like it or not.

People joke, but 21p does have a bit of an Anco sound even if they're vapid and angsty, and people love them.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.