[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which is the best A Day in the Life, Safer, Surf's Up or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
which is the best

A Day in the Life, Safer, Surf's Up or Apocalypse Dreams? the best songs from each album. (And yes, Safer is part of Strawberry Jam because it was intended to be on it but voted off because of its length)
>>
why do we need to do this thread again
>>
>>66292034
Lonerism > SGP > Smile > AnSHIT
>>
Life > Surf > the rest
>>
Surf's Up>>>>>Safer>A day in the life>Apocalypse Dreams.
>>
>>66292117
this is the correct answer
>>
>>66292034
Smile > SJ > Lonerism > Sgt. P
Safer doesn't count because it's not part of the record, ((and it being voted off is not accurate because they pressed the album as a double LP in the first place), so I'm replacing it with For Reverend Green.
Surfs Up > A Day in the Life > FRG > Apocalypse Dreams
>>
>>66292117
correct order but an incorrect number of greater than signs
>>
A Day In the Life > Surf's Up > Apocalypse Dreams > Safer
>>
>>66292152
>apocalypse dreams > safer
>>
>>66292147
Surf's Up is simply the epitome of pop music, the vocals, the lyrics, the instrumentation, the mixing, everything makes you feel you're lying down in the beach of Cali watching the sunset.

At least IMO it's the best pop song ever.
>>
Strawberry Jam > Lonerism > Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band > Smile
>>
>>66292214
Brian asked the band to give him one more year to improve the album make it a double LP and all. I can confirm this.

>spoon feed me.

No nigga.
>>
>>66292214
https://www.discogs.com/Animal-Collective-Strawberry-Jam/master/5217
>>
>>66292214
>>66292236
>>66292267
ok, so its a double LP, but they really did vote it off because of its length...
>Two songs that had been played extensively on the band's 2005–2006 concerts, "Safer" and "Street Flash", were not included on Strawberry Jam. Regarding the songs' absences, singer and guitarist Avey Tare wrote to fans that the band recorded studio versions for both, but decided against including them on the album, "partially due to their length[s]".
>>
>>66292286
I didn't noticed you were talking about AnCo. Sorry senpai.
>>
File: 1466802370250.png (957 KB, 651x961) Image search: [Google]
1466802370250.png
957 KB, 651x961
>Picking anything over A Day In The Life
Holy shit. Summer is showing.
>>
>>66292286
Hmm. Interesting. Very weird that they decided that, the record wouldn't have been much longer than any of the other ones.
Also, SJ with Safer and Street Flash would've been some god tier shit desu
>>
>>66292034
Why do people compare these legendary pop albums with shitty indie hipster nostalgia revival garbage
>>
These are all awful
>>
>>66292452
i hope you're just referring to tame impala
if you're not i really doubt you've listened to animal collective
>>
>>66292373
if they had included those songs i think SJ would have been hailed as better than Person Pitch
>>
>>66292467
this
the only good beatles is Please Please Me to Help!
>>66292475
AnCo is the most shit overrated uncreative synth mashing hipster crap band Pitchfork has convinced everybody is good
When the fuck will the hype die and we can admit to ourselves that Animal Collective never released anything worth listening ever
>>
>>66292514
i was going try to refute your retarded opinion on animal collective but then i saw your even more retarded opinion on the beatles
>>
>>66292514
this has to be bait
>>
>>66292557
It's not, this is my real opinion. Psychedelic Beatles is retarded trash that pretends to be arty, at least early Beatles is openly and honestly stupid fun
>>
>>66292607
i'm so sorry for you
>>
>>66292646
>doesn't even try to refute my objectively valid opinion
wew matey
have you accepted defeat
>>
>best song on SJ
>not Reverend Green

Lonerism > Smile > SJ > Sgt Pepper

Apocolypse Dreams > Surf's Up > Day In The Life > safer
>>
>>66292514
fag
>>
>>66292607
What do you mean "pretends" to be arty? Is that how you refer to music that incorporates worldly instruments and recording techniques like musique concrete organically into their music?

I would think even hopeless contrarians like you that grasp at such ludicrous criticisms would at least like white album
>>
>>66292034
I've only heard Lonerism so I say Apocalypse Dreams.

Boom
>>
>>66292860
>What do you mean "pretends" to be arty? Is that how you refer to music that incorporates worldly instruments and recording techniques like musique concrete organically into their music?
I literally just did. Are you not paying attention?
The Beatles are not very good at incorporating arty elements into their music. It always feels gaudy, forced, and wrong. They do know how to write pop songs, and that's where they shine. But even then their music and lyrics are sickeningly saccharine.
>>
>>66292906
>hasn't heard Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
how
>>
File: hello.jpg (58 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
58 KB, 600x656
>>66292052
>>
>>66292330
Why would you post that picture.
It's clear some wrong generation kid made that.
Stop posting childish things, anon. I'm on to you, kiddo
>>
File: rubadubdub.jpg (72 KB, 548x371) Image search: [Google]
rubadubdub.jpg
72 KB, 548x371
SMiLE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SGT Pepper > Strawberry Jam >>>> Lonerism
>>
>>66292925
>It always feels gaudy, forced, and wrong.

>gaudy
Not inherently a criticism AT ALL, especially when referring to such a charasmatic group

>forced

I hate this criticism, it could be said of literally any musical nuance

>wrong

Good shit anon hahah
>>
>>66292925
>The Beatles are not very good at incorporating arty elements into their music
The only one who tried this was John, Paul didn't give two shits he was just trying to fit in the psychedelic fad and George wanted to introduce indian music to the masses.

Sgt. Pepper tried to imitate pet sounds, mystery tour consist of pop songs and two songs written in the Pepper era, the white album barely has any experimental songs and they drop that off after that album.

I'm not saying they're bad but give a break with the Beatles are avant-garde bullshit.
>>
lonerism
>>
lonerism
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.