[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will future music listeners look back at the ironic vaporwave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 395x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 395x200
How will future music listeners look back at the ironic vaporwave Mac Demarco meme subculture of the 2010's?
>>
2 > Another One
>>
>>66289826
I disagree.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x191
>>66289698
Like this
>>
>>66289826
is this even debatable?
>>
Yung Lean and Mac were icons for our generation
>>
>>66290219
and lil b
>>
>>66290302
yes of course
>>
>>66289698
I was thinking about this a while ago like.... will there be modern music in the future that emulates the feel of living in the 2010+s?
>>
At first I dismissed that shit as stupid internet meme music but the more I think about it the more I realize this is probably the closest thing to a unique "scene" we've had this decade and that it actually captures the spirit of this decade pretty well. Believe it or not when millennials grow up they're going to look back at artists like Mac Demarco, Tyler the Creator, Yung Lean, Lil B, Bones, etc. like our parents look at Nirvana and shit.
>>
>>66290733
This. Lil B and Tyler > your life
>>
Irony is exhausting, I don't know why it isn't dead yet
>>
>>66290733
Only a certain group. Those artists were mostly only internet famous.

Someone like Drake will be remembered as the artist of the decade while ironic meme rappers/vaporwavers/mac will be remembered by the tumblr/reddit crowd who will probably kill themselves before they grow up anyway.
>>
>>66289826
I've been waiting for her < Still together
I prefer the lesser shittiness so this post is aight
>>
>>66290826
Only person who knows what they're talking about ITT
>>
it will probably just be laughed at and ignored for being a joke
>>
>>66290826
>who will probably kill themselves before they grow up anyway.

this can't happen soon enough, i want this ironic meme shit to die as soon as possible
>>
>>66290826
> who will probably kill themselves before they grow up anyway.

so true
>>
No one knows these guys outside of maybe college campuses and hipster shitholes like Portland/Seattle/SF. 99% of the world doesn't have a fucking clue what vaporwave is.
>>
The same way we look back at shit like Baltimora and Hearth. It was cool at the time don't judge me.
>>
>tfw I like both this music and the memes/fashion associated with it unironically
>>
Hopefully with the disgust that it deserves

I honestly believe that ironic meme culture with regards to music exists because people are too cowardly to admit to genuinely liking stuff
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.