[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she murder him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Did she murder him?
>>
maybe

also damn he was uglier than I remember
>>
GOD DAMN YOU HALF JAPANESE GIRLS

Is she who Rivers was talking about? And just in case you didn't know, she dated Rivers Cuomo before Elliott.
>>
>a little like you, more like son of sam
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 801x930) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 801x930
>>66289771
JUST
>>
Eliiott Smith died today of natural causes
>>
>ugly sperg
>asian gf

Everytime
>>
File: 720x405-74650470.jpg (127 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-74650470.jpg
127 KB, 720x405
Did she?
>>
He stabbed himself like Nero and Mishima
>>
The way I see it, she either indirectly or directly killed Elliott.

Elliott was no doubt depressed and had supposedly tried committing suicide before, but was apparently doing well at the time of his dead and had even given up heroin. Imagine how emotionally abusive she would of have to of been to make him kill himself. He did it right after an argument where she then locked herself in the bathroom. Who knows what she could have said to him to make him come to that option so suddenly?

Of course, directly would be she got made during the argument and stabbed him twice. I don't even think Elliott's death is classified as a suicide due to so many inaccuracies. He had cuts on his arm that looked like defensive wounds, he had no hesitation marks on his chest, and there war nothing illicit in his system at the time of death. Also, Chiba had training as a nurse, so she should have known not to take the knife out of his chest after she found him.

Either way, fuck her. She tried to sue Elliott's estate for cash a few years after he died.
>>
Nah I highly doubt it

Read the book Torment Saint by William Todd Shultz. It's a great biography on Elliott and judging from it she was practically the main person keeping him alive the last year of his life. The man had zero will to live.
Also despite stabbing yourself in the heart being a weird mode of suicide, Elliott was known to just have random panicky moments and hurt himself however he could. Once without warning he just ran off a cliff and got impaled by a tree. He probably had one of those moments, saw the knife, wrote a quick note on a post it, and did himself in.
Plus there was no way she could stab him in exactly the same place twice (which is how he did it).
>>
>>66290009
Him being clean has nothing to do with his death being a suicide or not. In fact they probably led to it. Elliott, like many addicts, used drugs to mask severe emotional pain, and after he got clean severe strong emotions and repressed memories came back up. He began having hazy flashbacks of possibly being molested as a kid (which even he doubted). The years of crack and heroin addiction left him in a constant state of paranoia even after getting clean. He even quit most of his psychiatric drugs cold turkey along with his other drugs, which was a horrible move.
I'm not saying there aren't suspicious and odd circumstances about his death, but being sober made him even more emotionally unstable.
>>
A successful suicide by stabbing yourself in the chest is incredibly difficult.

Also, as mentioned before, they did get into an argument moments before.

He was planning on finishing another album.

The handwriting in his suicide note has never been officially determined to be his.

I don't really like when fuccbois deny that musicians killed themselves when the evidence points in that direction but this is clear to me.
>>
>>66289943
Nah, Courtney killing Kurt is extremely far fetched. At least with Elliott's death there's a lot of inaccuracies and things that don't add up. Kurt's death was a pretty cut and clear suicide.
>>
>>66290009
>would of have to of
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1050x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1050x800
>>66289841
>>66289771
pls dont bully my sweet boy
>>
>>66289782
whoa really?
>>
>>66290031
>Read the book Torment Saint by William Todd Shultz.
That book is such bullshit, he never knew Elliott.
>>
>>66290273
I'd say stabbing a struggling person twice in the exact same location (there was one wound the knife went into twice, deeper the second time) is even more difficult than stabbing yourself in the chest.

They did, and I'm not denying that it's sketchy, nor am I saying that their relationship was ideal, but that's not exactly an indication of guilt either.

He was making another album, but he also attempted suicide multiple times while making that as well. He'd often purposely take overdoses that wouldn't affect him because his tolerance for drugs was astronomically high at that point. He'd do $800 worth of drugs in under an hour hoping to die but he never would.

I'll give you that, it never has been determined it was his handwriting.
>>
I think a lot of people just don't want to accept that an artist they feel a strong connection to had the power in them to kill themselves. Elliott wrote deeply personal lyrics and his general melancholy reputation struck a chord with tons of people. How could you possibly believe that this guy thought so little of himself that death was the answer? It's much easier to blame someone else, like Jennifer Chiba.
>>
>>66290479
Most biographers writing about dead people don't know their subject either? That's why they interview people, do research, etc. There's tons of interviews with all sorts of people in Elliott's life in that book. It's a lot more factually accurate than that documentary on him, which skipped over huge parts of his life.
>>
>>66289782
Perhaps, does anyone know where/if she went to college? Supposedly that song was about a girl Rivers knew from Harvard.
>>
>>66290582
there are other books about elliott with sources who were much closer to him
>>
>>66290573
I beg to differ, a lot of Elliott fans are well aware that he attempted suicide multiple times.
>>
>>66290573
Exactly. This applies even more to Kurt Cobain, whose death was under even less sketchier circumstances yet some people still believe that Courtney had him killed. It's so much easier to blame someone else than the artist you admire, like how people blame Yoko for breaking up the Beatles when it was John who wanted out.
>>
>>66290582
The one thing you don't read about dead musicians are books written by nobodies trying to capitalize on dead musicians.
>>
>>66290273
>the "no hesitation wounds" bullshit

Elliott was hardcore as hell. assuming that he killed himself that day, he wouldn't have thought twice about it
>>
>>66291029
>assuming that he killed himself that day, he wouldn't have thought twice about it
And stabbed himself twice in the heart?
>>
>>66291029
he was hardcore before that, when he was doing tons of drugs and drinking all the time. I think he had been clean for a while when he died, so things were probably different.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.