[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/avg/ Avant-Teen General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: swans-the-glowing-man-560x560.jpg (59 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
swans-the-glowing-man-560x560.jpg
59 KB, 560x560
Post Avant-Garde music here. Recently I've been listening to a lot of Swans, Death Grips, and Anco, what about you guys?
>>
File: cover.jpg (144 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
144 KB, 960x960
If you want to make an actual avant garde thread then the new Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld, Nerissimo, is pure killer, and this is SOTY : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--nQJ-9Vio
>>
https://mkour.bandcamp.com/album/the-landfill-before-time-improv-jams
>>
>>66288441
I'm surprised to find another Swans fan here, they are really underground and experimental, great taste anon!
>>
>>66289845
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>66288441
Wow, I've never seen someone with such patrician taste here!
>>
>>66288441
You'll grow out of those artists eventually once you become an adult.
>>
>>66288441
Swans, Death Grips and Anco aren't avant-teen, they're /mu/-core. Avant-teen is the kind of stuff /daily/ listens to.
>>
>>66292483

The stuff /daily/ listens to is Avant-adult, Swans, Death Grips and Anco are Avant-teen.
>>
MURDER ME
IN OSTIA
>>
Greeting OP, Swans are truly a modern Beethoven.
>>
File: Valerio Tricoli - Vixit.jpg (98 KB, 599x587) Image search: [Google]
Valerio Tricoli - Vixit.jpg
98 KB, 599x587
Anybody else digging the new Valerio Tricoli?
>>
>>66290979
What do adults listen to anyway?
>>
>>66288441
I love Death Grips, one of the few non shit hip hop artists that actually do something interesting with the style.
>>
>>66293917
old shit that makes them feel nostalgic almost exclusively
>>
File: 1464671540700.jpg (12 KB, 499x295) Image search: [Google]
1464671540700.jpg
12 KB, 499x295
>>66288441
>>66294064
>>
>>66294064
Came here to say this.
>>
Help me find more heavy, experimental hip-hop, /mu/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvQ3O-SGRXU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9zUol0oCpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAPtFRpuu8
death grips etc
>>
>>66293886
Don't insult Swans by comparing them to that overrated hack.
>>
>>66295547
https://mega.nz/#F!vpNyGRaK!yaSpCCWX9Q9vIXcnJHbA1g
>>
>>66288441
Gtfo poseur, those "artists" are garbage.
>>
>>66288441
>Swans, Death Grips

Wow, we have really similar taste, I was just listening to those 2 artists earlier! Not really a fan of Anco though.
>>
>>66294064
I unironically agree, most hip hop is boring as shit, DG is one of the few exceptions.
>>
>>
>>66288441
Amazing taste anon, would hang out with.
>>
File: 1465005821315.jpg (45 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
1465005821315.jpg
45 KB, 454x340
>>66288441
>>
>>66288441
Stop calling these groups avant-teen, that's an insult and I won't have it. Swans are amazing, fuck you. Bye can't argue anymore my mom's about to tuck me in, cya loser.
>>
Oh look the guys that turned Cardiacs into a meme are being super funny and important again

You're totally enforcing your opinion by spamming meme-propaganda on a Tibetan pantyhose packing plant website
>>
>>66300867
"I like real experimental music! Cardiacs, Swans, Death Grips, Anco, the list could go on for days!
>>
>>66300894
OH LOOK THE GUYS THAT TURNED CARDIACS INTO A MEME ARE BEING SUPER FUNNY AND IMPORTANT AGAIN

YOUI'RE TOTALLY ENFORCING YOUR OPINION BY SPAMMING MEME-PROPAGANDA ON A TIBETAN PANTYHOSE PACKING PLANT WEBSITE
>>
>>66300940
"I like real experimental music! Cardiacs, Swans, Death Grips, Anco, the list could go on for days!
>>
>>66300954
What?
>>
>this thread is so autistic that they are unaware that they are generalizing fans of select (unrelated) bands as operating under one single rationale alone
Quit misreading people and learn to be a functioning member of society by not being an edgy contrarian shit on a website that no one gives a shit about
>>
>>66300973
"I ekil laer latnemirepxe cisum! Scaidrac, Snaws, Htaed Spirg, Ocna, eht tsil dluoc og no rof syad!
>>
>>66301001
Op is right though, he's making fun of /mu/ drones that think they have special unique taste in music, I personally hate avant-teens and their stupid Death Grips and Swans crap "music".
>>
>>66301033
Literally the number of posters didn't even change from when you posted this
>>
>>66301033
>that think they have special unique taste in music
[citation needed]

>I personally hate avant-teens
Swans listeners aren't avant-teens
poseurcore is much closer related to the term

>and their stupid Death Grips and Swans crap "music"
discuss better music then
nobody cares about meta-shitposting threads like this
>>
>>66301055
I posted in this thread earlier, what's your point?

>>66301064

>[citation needed]

Just look at most of the posts about those groups here, and you will see what I mean.

>Swans listeners aren't avant-teens
poseurcore is much closer related to the term

I think the term avant-teen fits the band Swans just as much as the term poseurcore, but they both are good definitions for them, no need to nitpick.

>discuss better music then
nobody cares about meta-shitposting threads like this

Almost nobody here likes good music, you post good music here and people get annoyed and are like: "wtf is this trash, it's not Anco or similar sounding, therefore it's shit!"
>>
>>66301095
>Just look at most of the posts about those groups here, and you will see what I mean.
no i dont see what you mean
no swans listener here thinks they are unique here
maybe outside of /mu/ they might, but not here

>I think the term avant-teen fits the band Swans just as much as the term poseurcore, but they both are good definitions for them, no need to nitpick.
except poseurcore and swans are vastly different
just take a look at /rym/ or /daily/

>Almost nobody here likes good music, you post good music here and people get annoyed and are like: "wtf is this trash, it's not Anco or similar sounding, therefore it's shit!"
that is a good reason to disappear from this board, not a good reason to meta-shitpost.
>>
>>66301095
You're generalizing people's rationalizations
Literally nobody thinks this way, everybody creates reasons for thinking the way that they do. When you generalize these people like you are you're forgetting that this isn't at all the way they are seeing it, all you're doing is pointing out something they're doing that you dislike in the form of an insult.
How is that going to go anywhere? What are you trying to get out of this? This thread is not going to convince anybody, it's just causing shit for no reason. You're perpetuating the avant teen/poseurcore memes that are at such extremes that the only purpose they could serve is to combat the mentalities that you are against, but why would you even want to spout bullshit just to combat other bullshit?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.