[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best Beach House album senpai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tyls.jpg (162 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tyls.jpg
162 KB, 1080x1080
This is the best Beach House album senpai
>>
Depression Cherry superior
>>
>>66276255
Nice dubs
>>
beach house is just dream pop for the starbucks crowd
>>
>>66276290
you only see it that way because they became popular.
>>
>>66276255
Destroy all astro men
>>
>>66276337
well yeah no shit, otherwise they wouldnt be for the starbucks crowd because theyre not into obscure music

if they weren't popular i'd just think they're a coctaeu twins knock off, which they are
>>
>>66276399
I don't think so. Cocteau Twins has a very distinctive poppy/happy sound while Beach House is way more subdued.
>>
>>66276528
This Cocatu Twins are a bit more melody heave and dreamy while beach house tends to be a bit more about atmosphere.
>>
>>66276399
Wrong

Shit opinion
>>
>>66276399
Even though they started out very indebted to them (broadcast more so though), By now, i think beach house has surpassed cocteau twins. First off, victoria is a more intimate and soulful singer. their songwriting is more refined, not a single progression or melody goes wasted or is unmemorable. Way dreamier in general, of course becuase of the advances of technology, but cocteau twins sound small and tin-y compared to the lush warmth of beach house.
>>
this is their least memorable album OP
>>
>>66276528
>>66276552
Cocteau Twins have skill and creativity and distinctiveness and Beach House doesn't.
>>
>>66277419
The one huge thing CT has over BH though is memorability and that goes a very long way. Yes it's true there are differences between BH albums but they aren't immediately noticeable. Every CT album (or every other) on the other hand, has a distinct sound and all of them are great. Good variation in songs between albums too. Fraser's voice is just spectacular in Treasure and BBK and Legrand, while I love her voice, doesn't come close.
Side topic but CT uses overdubbing in a really great way to make up for the fact that they only have one vocalist. Take a look at Carolyn's Fingers for an example. The ending where Fraser's voice just intertwines with itself several times over is simply divine.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.