[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i convince my friend who likes generic Alt-rock to like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1465173482786.png (16 KB, 259x224) Image search: [Google]
1465173482786.png
16 KB, 259x224
How do i convince my friend who likes generic Alt-rock to like Tago Mago, Zeit or Hypothesis?
>>
shamepai more like lamepai hahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>66275218
>convince them to like
It's not going to happen.
>>
>>66275271
Fucking hilarious. But really i want to show my friend good music and he refuses to listen to anything longer than 4 minutes. He even told me Black Magic Woman was a super long song
>>
If you're trying to get them into some of that nifty 70s German stuff, maybe start with Ege Bamyasi from Can and definitely Kraftwerk's TEE/TMM/CW
>>
you kill yourself if he didnt listen
>>
>>66275297
But if he doesn't have the mindset to appreciate those albums he won't like them. I need to give him a rundown and maybe use some other methods to make him like them
>>66275441
This is a meme. If only accsesibility was needed i would just show him Future Days. I need to condicionate him into an open Mind to like those albums
>>
>>66275218
Why the fuck would you try to make your friend more like you? The whole reason you're friends is that your differing tastes complement each other. If you;re going to be a faggot you might as well try to convince him that sucking dicks is totally rad.
>>
>>66275497
I'm very into music and krautrock does not appeal to me. It's just not for everyone. If you really want to wean him off of generic alt-rock, move him slowly with stuff like Weezer or Guided by Voices.
>>
>>66275497
Well...that's kinda true I guess. The more accessible stuff is far worse than generic alt rock, at least Zeit isn't that much worse than generic alt rock.
>>
>>66275547
Zeit is a masterpiece shut up
>>66275517
You are projecting. He only likes generic Alt-rock like Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon because of no exposure to more experimental or different music. I'm postive that in the right mindset he could like those artists a lot
>>66275540
I guess a slow progression could work like that. I showed him CSH and he seemed to like it (i hate it tho). Seems to me that if i slowly show him more articulated artists We might both enjoy music ln the same level
>>
cringing hard right now tripfag
>>
>>66275685
Why tho. I only want my friend to enjoy other kinds of music
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.