[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Yanqui U.X.O 2. F#A#∞ 3. Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada 4.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: soyuznerushimy.jpg (329 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
soyuznerushimy.jpg
329 KB, 900x900
1. Yanqui U.X.O
2. F#A#∞
3. Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
4. Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven
5. Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
6. 'Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend!
>>
disagree overall but Yanqui is generally underrated

definitely better than either new GYBE album and maybe on par with F#
>>
>>66269130
>1. Yanqui U.X.O

Yes

6. 'Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend!

Nah
>>
>>66269130
1. Yanqui U.X.O
2. Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven
3. F#A#∞
4. Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
98. Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
99. 'Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend!
>>
>>66269130
>>66269191
>>66269221
>>66269239
>Yanqui
>good
Why is this board filled to the fucking brim with contrarians?
>>
>>66269221
Every Godspeed album is incredible though.
>>
>>66269259
Tell me why Yanqui U.X.O is bad
>>
>>66269259
We're not in our teens anymore, it's by now ok to recognize Yanqui it's by far their most mature and focused work.
>>
>F#A#∞
>Slow Riot/LYSF
>Allelujah/Asunder
>Yanqui

i never really dug yanqui. the only track i really liked off it was rockets fall on rocket falls. the rest just all sounded so similar that it blends together to me.
>>
>>66269300
>by far their most mature and focused work
DUDE, THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ARE WAR CRIMINALS LMAO!
>>
>>66269130
1. allejujah
2. yanqui
3. slow riot
4. lift yr skinny fists
5. asunder
6. f#a#

in my idiotic opinion, obviously. all of them are amazing though.
>>
>>66269598
All of them are incredible, so it's pretty interchangeable
>>
>>66269875
true. i've been listening to asunder a lot recently. really enjoying more than I did when it first came out.
>>
>>66269967
Yeah, it's pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>66269553

Everything sounds stupid when you turn it into a meme
>>
>>66269989
it really is. i was kind of disappointed when I first listened to it.. especially with the drone tracks but after a couple more listens they made sense. especially asunder, sweet... that lead-in to piss crowns is fucking awesome.
>>
Hey guys, what's a good starter for someone who's never listened to Swans?

Any good flowcharts out there?
>>
>>66270209
what interests you more

-punishing no-wave
-gothic rock with a more feminine touch
-post-rock/drone
>>
File: 1466900478174.jpg (3 MB, 3754x3394) Image search: [Google]
1466900478174.jpg
3 MB, 3754x3394
>>66270209
Here you go
>>
>>66269130
Is GYBE the logical conclusion to guitar music?
>>
Why the fuck do people hate their post-hiatus albums? That is hands down my favorite material by them.
>>
>>66271990

I don't understand it either. I think they've taken an interesting direction. It's impossible for me to chose favorites because they might be my favorite band

I think that just by listening it is clear that they have become better musicians if you compare their newest stuff to their earliest. Not saying I don't like their old stuff or that it's bad, but it's pretty much impossible to play music for 20 years and get worse at it

I can't wait for the next release. I saw them live in the fall and it was incredible
>>
>>66269130
Yanqui U.X.O. is definitely their best work. Everything else varies.
>>
>>66269313

>the rest just all sounded so similar that it blends together to me

How?

There's the first track 9-15-00, which starts with guitar and violin, and is an intro to the album's aesthetic

Then the one you like,

then Motherfucker=Redeemer starts with a glockenspiel. they're all unique
>>
I like the guitar work on Yanqui (especially Motherfucker Redeemer) but the songs themselves just aren't as engaging or powerful as their other stuff. Rockets Fall is a total waste of time.
>>
>>66274012

I always felt a more detached aesthetic was fitting on this album because they're trying to make a point about how detached people in the US are from their wars, but i don't agree that the songs aren't as powerful. I find them incredibly haunting. When they focus on the aftermath of the climax, decrescendo, it makes me think of how war doesn't really ever just end when it officially 'ends', and the lasting impact of actions on people and places, etc

yes the tracks are longer than any others GY!BE has done. i don't think this makes them better or worse, just different

I think it also powerfully demonstrates that things don't just "happen" on their own. They need to be set in motion. The end of the album is like a prediction of a nuclear holocaust, and the last track that ends that way starts with just a tiny little dinging sound. The song was originally called "Tiny Silver Hammers" when they played it live

I felt the way you did at first, but the album has grown on me
>>
OBJECTIVE LIST:
1: the first one you heard
2: either F#A# or LYSF
3 and after: personal opinion
>>
>>66274235
George Bush cut up while talking and the woman repeating "why am I here, and what can I do to make it better; how do I know what is right?" is pretty damn unsettling. Yanqui U.X.O. is incredible.
>>
the only ranking

F#A#>Slow riot = Lift yr skinny fist >'allelujah= Asunder> Yanqui
>>
My rankings
LYSF>Slow riot=F#A#>Asunder>allejujah>Yanqui
Still haven't been able to get into Yanqui. listened to it a bunch of times but still don't like it as much as the rest of their discog.
>>
>>66270297
Why does every Swans flowchart have post-rock start with stfb? It should be one of the last albums you listen to. I'd put the Seer for the opening post-rock album.
>>
>>66276240
SftB was the first Swans album I listened to and I loved it, still my favourite.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.