[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's summer and I just started my uni break. Recommend me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: oasis_in_shanghai.jpg (16 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
oasis_in_shanghai.jpg
16 KB, 450x350
It's summer and I just started my uni break.
Recommend me some good music, I'm not really an artistic person only listened to mainstream.
I like arctic monkeys, Oasis, Soundgarden, Audioslave, used to listen to Green day a lot.
The point is I like mainly grunge, alternative and some brit pop, also something like Less Than Jake idk what their genre is.
I hope that makes sense, hopefully I get some advice.
>>
>>66262586
What is your favourite arctic monkeys album? That may help
>>
File: mucore stoner rock.jpg (460 KB, 1600x888) Image search: [Google]
mucore stoner rock.jpg
460 KB, 1600x888
>>66262586
You might like Stoner Rock
>>
>>66262646
Idk about the album but teddy picker is my favorite, also R U mine, mardy bum and fluorescent.
>>
>>66262586
try Interpol, Libertines or the strokes
>>
Listen to the first 3 modest mouse LPs
>>
>>66262725
Do you mainly listen to songs or albums?
>>
>>66262780
I mainly listen to youtube songs, never really listened to entire albums
>>
>>66262741
>try Interpol, Libertines or the strokes
Nice listening to them now
>>
>>66262812
Try listening to entire albums, even if they are in the background. You miss out on tons of songs just because they aren't the most popular. You might like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBElg51yl8. Short-ish catchy songs with good surface level grooves
>>
>>66262812
You should probably kill yourself actually.
>>
>>66262812
That's pretty haram here anon, better start unplebbing yourself.
>>
Manic Street Preachers - Start with "Journal For Plague Lovers" and if you like that listen to "The Holy Bible"
>>
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
>>66262586
Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart
Trust me, it's the best 90s grunge album by far
>>
>>66263334
Hahaha. Keep on meming
>>
File: ok computer.png (2 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
ok computer.png
2 MB, 1200x1200
If you like 90s alt rocky kinda stuff start with this, also check out Pixies. If you like early Arctic Monkeys try Milburn, the Subways and the Libertines.
if you want some moodier alt rock/emo listen to Brand New.
They're all fairly mainstreamy but good bands nothing too typical /mu/ or hard to get into
>>
Is OP still alive in this thread?
>>
>>66263518
I'm here, thanks for these, gonna listen to them tonight.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.