[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Music journalism"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (469 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
469 KB, 640x1136
"Music journalism"
>>
>>66262141
Pitchfork is the best music site on the internet
>>
Explain what is wrong about this.
>>
>>66262141
i mean at least they're not being retarded about it
>>
>>66262165
I know you're baiting but if everybody who sincerely held this opinion died overnight, the world would be a better place in the morning
>>
>>66262141
yeah I mean why is the blood and cripp staning united when in reality they will pop pop pop and watch each other drop when they see each other
>>
>>66262177
It's overtly political. The only music thing about is that the men referenced are hip hop artists. That's it.
>>
>>66262190
kill yourself and take your shitty, contrarian opinions with you
>>
>>66262204
So why can't Pitchfork cover it?
>>
>>66262204
the problem with that is?
>>
>>66262214
It's not that they can't. I just don't think it's in the best taste to do so. I feel like it only fuels political tensions only further instead of just letting things blow off.
>>
>>66262245
That they're a music journalism website?

You don't see CNN or FeministFrequency reviewing Kendrick albums.
>>
File: Capture.png (71 KB, 662x614) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
71 KB, 662x614
"Tech journalism"
>>
>>66262304
because music and politics don't affect each other?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>66262304
This guy gets it.
>>
>>66262304
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acnn.com+%22kendrick+lamar%22&rlz=1C1NDCM_enUS696US696&oq=site%3Acnn.com+%22kendrick+lamar%22&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.9172j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>66262331
By that logic, news agencies and political commentators should review music, which is an idiotic idea.
>>
>>66262304
>>66262384
By your logic, music journalists should only review music, which is an idiotic idea.
>>
>>66262372
There's a difference between reporting on pop culture and music criticism.
>>
>>66262283
>all gangs, all races, all grown men

Sounds pretty conciliatory. You realise it's mostly upper class liberals writing edgy fuck all white men shit, it's a status thing. Ordinary black people just wanna live in peace
>>
>>66262384
So you really are retarded

just had to check
>>
Reply to this or your mother will die in her sleep
>>
>>66262414
ma no die pls
>>
>>66262397
The difference is that there are a lot of music journalism websites that only review music, wheras there are very few political commentary websites that release music reviews

That being said, Pitchfork stopped being a relevant source of music journalism awhile ago so maybe we should stop calling them a music site and start calling them a liberal politics site
>>
>>66262466
But just because that's what you want to qualify them as doesn't mean that's what they are

It's a music site
>>
>>66262177
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>66262466
>The difference is that there are a lot of music journalism websites that only review music
Name some relevant ones.
>>
>>66262409
Maybe this article isn't as bad as the other ones I've seen lately. Like Wavves saying he doesn't want Trump supporters or cop defenders at his shows, or just having to bring up Beyonce's statement of "Stop Killing Us". Like what is this, tumblr?
>>
>>66262510
kill yourself
>>
>>66262512
how about you name some relevant political commentary sites that review music?
>>
>>66262609
So you can't name any? It's not my argument kid, it's yours.
>>
>>66262414
Stay safe mum
>>
>>66262618
Find an article on tinymixtapes that's for the most part based on politics as opposed to music.
>>
>>66262705
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels-2
>>
>>66262748
That is a music review, commenting on the political nature of the lyrics on the album.

Try again
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 590x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 590x245
>>66262540
Right wing clickbait is getting pretty bad too. Breitbart is practically a WN site by now.
>>
>>66262805
So wait, music journalism isn't reviews?
But you said:>>66262466
>The difference is that there are a lot of music journalism websites that only review music

Don't shift goalposts too quickly kid! You'll break an ankle.
>>
So:
1. The person doesn't understand music journalism.
2. The person can't name a single relevant publication that only reviews music, with no news.
>>
>>66262540
i'm sorry that so many musicians possess what you'd qualify as "liberal" views, but don't blame the site for reporting on it. they also reported it when the Eagles of Death Metal guy said more widespread firearms possession could have prevented the attack in Paris during the concert, and that's a very conservative observation.
>>
>>66262825
Why do you keep calling me kid? I'm pretty confident I'm older than you, and it just makes you look immature.

Music journalism includes reviews, thats why Tinymixtapes (a music journalism website) posted a review of Run The Jewels's album RTJ2. I don't see how that's an example of a music journalism website posting something that isn't a music review.

Likewise, an article like this
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/adult-swim-2016-singles-program-feature-elysia-crampton-tim-hecker-dwn-and-more
is clearly about the musicians making music, as opposed to them using their fame as a prop for their political views.
>>
>>66262914
You're changing your position though, you said, I quote again,
>>66262466
Note especially the "A LOT" in your statement.
You can't name a single one, and in desperation you're moving the argument to TMT, a flagrantly political review establishment.
>>
>>66262609
NPR
>>
>>66262821
how is that click bait thats exactly what happened
>>
>>66263178
Conflates shooters with peaceful protestors. It's not like all those cops where white either. /pol/acks get triggered by liberal click bait and then go on to swallow their side's inflammatory propaganda without a hint of irony
>>
File: 1440531862175.gif (39 KB, 420x163) Image search: [Google]
1440531862175.gif
39 KB, 420x163
>>66262414
You piece of shit
>>
>>66262320
>6 RTs & 2 Likes
wow i'm fuckin' impressed
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.