[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was right on this /mu/? Anthony, Pitchfork, or Marcel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
Who was right on this /mu/? Anthony, Pitchfork, or Marcel?
>>
Nobody.

out of 5, it's about a 3.75-8

objectively
>>
not even memeing - my personal score is probably closest to marcel's (even tho his actual review was garbage + he's irrelevant). did not like wildflower at all.

surprisingly, i'd say p4k had the best review overall.
>>
>>66260662
Yourself.
>>
>>66260729
>he's irrelevant
kek
>>
>>66260736
Exactly. Why do you guys need someone else to tell you what's good?
>>
NME
>>
>>66260820
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>66260662
pitchfork

i personally think the album is an 8.7 though. it's great and it will be remembered fondly 16 years from now when the avalanches release the follow up to their follow up
>>
>>66260820
don't take it so seriosly
>>
>>66260834
NME is irrelevant. plus it was almost the same score as Marcel's.
>>
M e h
e
h
>>
>>66260870
NME is irrelevant, but do you really think some little faggot teenager is?
>>
>>66260927
marcel is not just some random guy who's only known on /mu/
>>
The independent
>>
>>66260662
Me
I like it
Fuck all that trash
>>
>>66261094
what did they give it?
>>
>>66261113
>>
>>66261113
9.3 BNM
>>
pitchfork was closest, even tho it's an 8, but they inflate scores anyway
>>
>>66261094
>>66261175
plebs
>>
>>66261094
>call yourself The Independent
>be owned by a Russian oligarch
>>
anyone have the m4a?
>>
>>66260662
None of them are right. Music critics are cancer.
>>
>>66260726
>Objectively
Music is subjective, idiot.
>>
>>66262099
I want a music critic that only gives qualitative reviews, as in, no numerical score whatsoever. Giving a number just encourages parroting taste by assigning a score to something that is purely subjective, and it encourages people essentially taking sparknotes of an album by telling them exactly how to feel about it.
>>
anthony
>>
>>66262181
The Quietus used to be good at this but nowadays their reviews are either clickbait or pretty threadbare and short.

Conversely, The Wire used to be pretty needlessly pretentious but they've toned it down in recent years. Probably one of the better publications even if /mu/ likes to make fun of it.
>>
Tiny Mix Tapes was pretty on the money
>>
Download link?
>>
>>66261066
he pretty much is. hey marcel btw
>>
>>66262779
what makes you think this?
>>
I was right
>>
File: anthony fantano on mu.png (27 KB, 1214x161) Image search: [Google]
anthony fantano on mu.png
27 KB, 1214x161
Anthony, of course.
>>
>>66264472
daily reminder that any music critic who openly admits that they browse here is a shit critic
>>
>>66263060
Please get off this board Marcel. You aren't even of age yet.
>>
Eloquentmark
>>
>>66265070
if i have to repeat another anon's sentiment from another thread:

i really wish you could step outside your fucking meme sphere for once and be open to actual discussion, because it makes me sad that i deliver valid counterarguments and you just stick to spouting your shitty fucking overused memes without providing any sort of real response. it just shows how little you care.

stop this shitty fucking meme. well known music people don't browse this board nor do they care about us. stop being an asshole who thinks everything revolves around this shithole. it's just like the shitty "go to bed dean" and "go to bed james" memes that fucking idiots kept spouting for weeks on end.
>>
>>66265151
you never brought up a counter argument. you just said "he is known elsewhere", with absolutely no reference, source, or point.

If that is valid, then I present you with my counter argument:

You're wrong.
>>
>>66265214
my source is look it up. look it up on any of his social media pages or simply just google search results.

and what kind of counterargument is that? where is your proof that you're the correct one in this situation?
>>
>>66265296
Your counter argument is just as weak, that was my entire point.
>>
>>66260662
hey marcy!!
>>
>>66261618
GET THE FLAC AND CONVERT IT YOU NIGGER
>>
>>66266780
marcel isn't the main focus of the post you idiot. fuck off.
>>
>>66262355
my nigga
>>
The Quietus had the best review honestly.
>>
>>66267325
It's always so obvious when you're posting, Marcel.

Do you even try to sound like someone else?
>>
>>66260750
He's literally only relevant on /mu/ and RYM
>>
What did Montie say?
>>
>>66269150
no. see:

>>66265151
>>66265296
>>
>>66260662
Me.
>>
>>66269096
stop this shitty fucking meme. it's so fucking shitty and stupid. fuck off.
>>
>>66269946
Im not even memeing. I equally hate the "goto bed"'esque memes but you're making it painfully obvious that you are in fact Marcel.

Especially considering no one on /mu/ actually gives a fuck about him and certainly wouldn't respond so aggressively.
>>
>>66270050
i am literally not him. you seem quite immature imo.
>>
>>66270077
Haha ok Marcel ;P
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.