[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: albums that get much less than they deserve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
ITT: albums that get much less than they deserve
>>
File: Whitehouse.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Whitehouse.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>>
>>66253896
Bleh i never liked this one. Not bad, but i think youre just wrong.
>>66253931
Correct
>>
>>66253953
it is very common to overshadow Harrison albums because of All Things Must Pass, but it's okay
>>
File: download (9).jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
11 KB, 225x225
One of the best albums of the past 20 years.
>>
>>66253953
Mummy and Daddy is an absolute classic.The general /mu/ bandwagon is that Whitehouse is edgy, and it's just pure noise. But Mummy and Daddy is a terrifying experience. It perfectly represents the experience of domestic and sexual abuse, by setting paranoid, violent, and extremely harsh soundscapes. The lyrics are absolutely stomach churning too. This album is crushing and heart breaking, because this makes you realise that there is an aspect of humanity that exists.
>>
File: Diamond_dogs.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_dogs.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
>>
>>66254005
I feel like /mu/ mostly brushes off noise/industrial as a whole, saying it's all about "le too edgy" when bands like Whitehouse have almost no asthetic to get uppity about. Glad to know there's others that unironicaly enjoy it.
>you cool bud
>>
>>66254110
Thank you, although I feel like music like this is important for the mind. Human beings need to be challenged with these sounds and subject matter. Lyrics are the most important thing in music, especially noise/industrial/power electronics music. Once you grasp the lyrics, then the album makes sense in why it sounds like that. The aesthetic of the album was the harsh unforgivable experiences of being in a domestic-sexual abuse relationship. It is hard to digest because most people haven't experienced that before. It's important to listen to because it educates people first hand of the experience of domestic and sexual child abuse, and makes them realise that there are people who deal with this or are abusers. It is like being in the first person perspective of these experiences, and Whitehouse masterfully did this on Mummy and Daddy.
>>
File: SufjanStevens-Illinois2005.jpg (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SufjanStevens-Illinois2005.jpg
68 KB, 600x600
It's not perfect, but it's definitely not what /mu/ makes it out to be
>>
>>66254014
Absofuckinglutely
>>
File: ST.LUCIA-FINAL-LEIF-800_800.jpg (438 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ST.LUCIA-FINAL-LEIF-800_800.jpg
438 KB, 800x800
>>
File: 10949-code-selfish.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10949-code-selfish.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>
File: graffiti on the train.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
graffiti on the train.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>inb4 indie bullshit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.