[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Godspeed vs Sigur Ros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (270 KB, 599x300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
270 KB, 599x300
Which one is better?
>>
>>66248499
Sigur Ros
>>
>>66248499
mogwai
>>
Sigur Ros is a better band but I like F#A# more than Agaetis Byrjun.
>>
>>66248499
Godspeed
>>
gy!be by far imo
>>
>>66248577
It's the opposite for me.
>>
>>66248618
>>66248598
yep
>>
Godspeed have only one meh album, Sigur Ros have a couple meh ones and one bad one.

>>66248536
Boy if you don't
>>
>>66248499
F# A# Infinity is probably the only good thing that came out of either of their discographies
>>
>>66248499
Godspeed by far.

Sigur Ros' album manages that heavenly sound, but it doesn't really go anywhere.
>>
Kveikur > ( ) > Takk... > Ágætis byrjun > Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust > Valtari

Never checked out Von for some reason.
>>
I don't really compare them.

Sigur Ros is a lot more ethereal sounding, and I treat it like dream pop. GY!BE is much more aggressive and I treat it like rock.
>>
>>66248499
Don't really like either. Godspeed is generic crescendocore and Sigur Ros is only good if you're exceptionally toasted.
>>
>>66249256
>implying creshendos are bad
>implying you shouldn't treat something differently than being cliched because it invented those cliches
>>
>>66249152
That's untrue.
>>
>>66249282
Godspeed made the crescendo cliche? Please leave.
>>
i like gy!be more but sigur ros is still amazing
>>
the one that isn't paulstretched coldplay
>>
>>66249192
>gy!be
>crescendos
Hey man we got somewhere :^)
>>
>>66249400
>implying LYSF isn't an obvious concept album
>>
anyone else hear the Arca/Actress/OPN influence in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rf-C_smLs
>>
>>66249348
I think he means that Godspeed's sound has been ripped off and watered down by pretty much every modern post-rock band, but that doesn't mean the real Godspeed aren't still excellent
>>
It's apples and oranges, really. GY!BE have a political/social message and they want to awake you, make you angry; Sigur Rós are pure aesthetes, they're way more varied sonically but they have barely any roots to the world of social discourse (to the point of eschewing discourse as a whole in some albums).

It's kind of like >>66249240 says. We should just be grateful we have them both desu.
>>
People will call me pleb but definitely Sigur Ros. GYBE has always bored the hell out of me and I ususally like post-rock
>>
>>66248499
Here's a story of when the two bands toured together, and Sigur Ros brought a full-sized organ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtDrTQKnro

I was at that show. It was one hot ass summer afternoon in Toronto and the band was doing an all-ages matinee after playing a 19+ show the previous night. Vic Chesnutt was supposed to open, but unfortunately he was too sick to play. As a result, Silver Mt. Zion played a longer set than originally planned. This show was from their 13 Blues for 13 Moons tour, and the song they introduce at the end of the clip showed up on their following album. Not that anyone cares.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.