[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how fucking good this album is? Does it contain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
Can we talk about how fucking good this album is? Does it contain a single flaw?
>>
The flaw is that Untitled is the only good song.
>>
if only avey's voice weren't panned to the left, then it would be perfect
>>
>Flaw

Literally the first song
>>
typo
it should be spirit their gone spirit they're vanished
>>
File: sdf.png (2 MB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
sdf.png
2 MB, 1417x1417
checkmate atheists
>>
>>66248540
I can see this, but it works wonders for a pleb filter
>>
I think that this song is the perfect culmination of everything that Spirit is about. The whole album deals with the themes that are found in this song, such as childhood and growing up, and both have a dark undercurrent. It seems to be about the expectations that parents have on their children "Baby love me now that you are born" and how the relationship changes as time goes by and aging happens. Eventually the child needs to escape the shadow of it's parents like any adolescent in order to mature and learn to stand on it's own two feet. It seems like the lyrics "ruuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!" and "Row, Alvin Row, Alvin Row, Alvin Row, Row Alvin" (it sounds like Alvin's last name has now become a verb) are almost shouts of advice from the Avey to Alvin. And the end seems to be reflection on and nostalgia for the much simpler life that childhood provided. At least that's my take.
>>
Noisy kindergarten music.
>>
>>66249156
Is that supposed to be praise or condemnation?
>>
File: MW07D.jpg (80 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
MW07D.jpg
80 KB, 507x338
>>66248365
Yes, thank you

No, it does not
>>
>>66249114
holy fucking shit dude
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rSFgcjjERE
>>
>>66248540
shit opinion
>>
>>66249188
what do you really think?
>>
>>66248365
I don't really like everybody whistling
>>
>>66248365

This album is complete crap, animal collective spammy posters please leave. Your band is irrelevant now.

>LE GLITCH ANnnOYYING TEENAGERS XDDD

I undertand the love for Merriweather Post Pavilion but seriously this album is terrible you keep spaming with it because the album cover is quite cool. But that´s it.
>>
>>66249406

Interesting read but I don't buy it. What makes him lack resolve? He's confronting his feelings just as much as anyone else, only instead of cursing others he blames his own ineptitude, "why am I no good?" and so on.
>>
>>66249406
listen to alvin row and tell me any song from merriweather is better
>>
>>66249446
holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>66249446
It feels unpolished and has this kind of "beta raw feeling xDD" and not in the good sense of the words.
It felt like kids trying so damn hard to be quirky and alternative. Made me cringe at some points.

Animal collective have better and more cohesive albums than this meme of an album.
>>
>>66248365
One time in the 10th grade I started listening to this album in class. On the first track, a guy approached me and asked me what "that screeching sound" was. I just played it off, immediately turning the volume down and saying "haha what are you talking about?" He thought I was playing an annoying buzzing sound as a joke. I would rather let him think that than tell him I was actually listening to it for pleasure.Great album though.
>>
>>66249102
why does a flawless album need a pleb filter
>>
>>66249774
You had much better taste than me in 10th grade. I only liked a few songs from MPP back then
>>
first track is fucking gud
>>
>>66249774
no but seriously whats the point of the screeching sounds
>>
>>66249987
it sounds good
>>
>>66248365
This album is trash.
>>
>>66248865
DELET THIS AND YOUR LIFE
FUCK HOW I WISH I COULD UNSEE
>>
>>66248365
Holy fuck, yes. It is flawless. It is the greatest album ever, I wish everyone heard this.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.