[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw all popular music is the same and depends highly on visual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1467937508604.jpg (57 KB, 511x509) Image search: [Google]
1467937508604.jpg
57 KB, 511x509
>yfw all popular music is the same and depends highly on visual aids and other superficial stuff

Example: vaporware

An entire "genre" that's completely dependent on how nice your album cover is
>>
>>66248070
Why do boring faggots always undermine visual art?
>>
>>66248070
Yeah but you posted anime so your hypothesis immediately goes in the paper shredder.
>>
>>66248145
but anon this is the internet it's not printed on paper lmao
>>
>>66248140
But music is a non-visual art.
>>
>>66248196
>art forms need to be separated

Music mixed with visual art is a powerful experience, fuck this purist rubbish
>>
It's 2016 and people somehow think visuals are not part of the music lmao. The multimedia presentation of a piece of music is essential and can't be removed from the music. Anyone who says they only like music for the sounds themselves is a liar or delusional
>>
>>66248235
Mate it's literally just packaging. Its often chosen completely by the label. Its designed to grab people's attention when they're at the record store.
>>
>>66248364
A whole media package is an art in itself
>>
>>66248369
Why can't a package be art? Stop trying to compartmentalize so much, the whole experience is based on many things
>>
>>66248364
I don't even look at album covers. My music player doesn't even show the album cover.

I couldn't give 2 shits. Sound doesn't "look" like anything.
>>
>>66248418
It's just a commercial technique to getting the faggot at the vinyl section at the chain bookstore/coffee shop to go "whoopy that looks indeh n cool" and buy it.
>>
>>66248496
>Sound doesn't "look" like anything

What do you think about when you listen to music? Text? I have synesthesia so I've always felt and saw sound in my head very vividly, and I always assumed other people did the same
>>
>>66248496
You sound boring as hell and also do you have no mental imagery when listening to music? Also you know what the covers look like probably, you probably know what the band members look like and what style of dress is associated with that style of music. Image and music have literally never been totally divorced so regardless of what you think, you're just incorrect
>>
>>66248602
>What do you think about when you listen to music? Text?

Lyrics =/= music
>>
>>66248690
You think about the lyrics? You realize that sound alone isn't inherently communicative and so when you're digesting the lyrics you're technically enjoying a non-sound component of the music
>>
>>66248584
If you can't appreciate how hard the combination of music and visuals can spark the imagination, you've deliberately deprived yourself of some very powerful experiences

As for your generalisation about album art being produced by labels to sell... well, it's a complete lie, isn't it? You're either being deliberately facetious or woefully fucking ignorant.
>>
>>66248736
I don't really make out what the lyrics are saying most of the time. More concerned about how the vocals sound.
>>
>>66248807
Why do you enjoy what you enjoy? I'm just actually curious as to what sonic qualities appeal to you in music in general
>>
>>66248802
>As for your generalisation about album art being produced by labels to sell... well, it's a complete lie, isn't it? You're either being deliberately facetious or woefully fucking ignorant

But it's true. Labels decide the packaging. And they are designed to grab attention not represent the music (if that were even possible).
>>
>>66248861
I forgot all music ever released was done by a record label. Independent/unsigned artists don't exist after all. They don't use album art after all.
>>
>>66248838
Music and sounds that have a nice and interesting design to them.
>>
>>66248902
I would guess the majority of album packaging is just a picture of the musician/group.
>>
>>66248235
t. graphic designer who never made music
>>
>>66249056
How ignorant are you
>>66248921
That's incredibly vague
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.