[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am i the only one who thinks the drums sound like shit on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Metallica-and-Justice-for-All.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Metallica-and-Justice-for-All.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
and to think that he turned down the bass to make the drums more prominent. i know the st. anger snare is the worst drum sound metallica ever had, but this definitely takes second place for worst drum sound imo.
>>
lars ulrich just sucks ass
>>
meallica made a 7/10 album with kill them all and the rest are shit
>>
thankfully the songs are really good on justice, and pretty much the only metallica album i ever listen to when i listen to metallica.

in regards to the subpar mix, the thing is, cliff burton had died and the band wasn't ready to have someone else record new basslines (newsted) so they intentionally lowered all of his parts out of respect to burton (which was obviously totally a dick move either way). everyone noticed this but lars and james had final say so it went out like that. as far as the drum sound, yes, they sound very dry and tinny sounding (especially the kick drum) but obviously it wasn't anywhere near as bad as what st anger would be.
>>
Maybe because this was my entry level metal when I was younger, but I actually really like the drums on this album. Relistening now and it still holds up to me.
>>
Honestly, this has my favorite kick drum sound in metal. Compliments the dry guitars. This whole album sounds like it was recorded in a garage In two days. And I mean that with the most praise possible. But I can understand why people don't like the production.
>>
>>66246950
this. metallica is baby's first metal
>>
That album is garbage overall. Metallica really went to shit after Cliff died.
>>
> am i the only one who thinks the drums sound like shit on this album?

Of course you're fucking not. The kickdrum sound on this has been a source of contention for decades
>>
>>66245490
>am i the only one who thinks the drums sound like shit on this album?
It's one of the most notorious badly produced albums ever, despite there being excellent songs on it.

The clicky clicky drums are novel at first but to me a thrash metal album ought to have some punch in the drums underneath the airy guitars. The no bass also didn't help.
>>
>>66247309
Is there anyone more cucked than Newsted?
If I were hired to play in an album and had all my lines made inaudible I'd dropout immediately, regardless of paycheck. Have some fucking self-respect.
>>
>>66247866
He got picked up from a band who wasn't on their level and basically had to contribute nothing to get a payday. They did him lousy but it certainly gets worse than that.
>>
>>66248320
>He got picked up from a band who wasn't on their level
The first 2 Flotsam and Jetsam albums are better than any Metallica album.
>>
>>66248391
heh
>>
>>66245490
No, i have always hate the way the drum sounds, and in general the whole album. Too fucking dry, no bass, the guitars are all right though
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.