[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post your hot opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Fragile.jpg (343 KB, 1667x1487) Image search: [Google]
Fragile.jpg
343 KB, 1667x1487
Heart of the Sunrise > Roundabout
>>
The only good strokes album is Angles
The best Sufjan Stevens Album is the BQE
The first La Roux Album sucks, Trouble in Paradise is much better
ITAOTS is the worst album ever made
The Smiths are the most overrated band of the 80s
Beat Happening is the worst band of the 80s
Have One On Me > Ys
Loud City Song > Have You In My Wilderness (and Sea Calls Me Home is the worst track off of HYIMW)
The only Kanye worth listening to is The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation
The Chronic > 2001 > Compton
Mariah Carey is probably the most important and significant singer of the late 20th century
Archie, Marry Me is the worst track off of Alvvays
>>
>>66241565
But Heart of the Sunrise is objectively better than Roundabout. Does anyone view this as a controversial opinion?

CTTE, arguably Gates of Delirium and Awaken are all better still, though. I'd throw in The Revealing Science of God, too.
>>
>>66241845
>trip named from Styx song
>thinks he has good music taste
>>
>>66242098
>not liking styx
>>
>>66241565
If you had a stand, its name would be 'Dumb Bitch'
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (25 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
25 KB, 398x500
>>66241898
>Awaken
nice
>>
>>66242132
>actually defending Styx
>>
>>66241565
>Heart of the Sunrise > Roundabout

>>66241845
>The only good strokes album is Angles
>ITAOTS is the worst album ever made

facts
>>
>>66242872
It's not okay to hate your own dad this much that you pick on bands
>>
File: eggy onion.jpg (14 KB, 382x114) Image search: [Google]
eggy onion.jpg
14 KB, 382x114
>>
>>66241845
>ITAOTS is the worst album ever made
Objectively untrue.
You can not like it, but there are soooo many worse albums out there.
You just desperately want to go against the grain.
>>
>>66243100
jesus christ
>>
File: 1453761357287.jpg (158 KB, 1080x1053) Image search: [Google]
1453761357287.jpg
158 KB, 1080x1053
>>66241565
But Heart of Sunrise wasn't in JoJo
>>
>>66241845
We get it. You're a special snowflake
>>
File: dd-lp.jpg (58 KB, 480x474) Image search: [Google]
dd-lp.jpg
58 KB, 480x474
Duran Duran's first album is the greatest and yet somehow the most overlooked early new wave album.

>>66241565
that's not wrong though.
>>
Instrumental music is objectively better than lyrical music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORXYvjmjoHc

I know the media made him look like a fake ass nigga, but I was honestly surprised when I watched this video. Pretty wicked production by J. R. Rotem -- blends perfectly with Kevin's remarkable rhythm and flow. The lyrics are a bit run of the mill rap-personality, but they both managed to pull together a pretty smooth peek into Kevin's high-profile "live large" life, and surrendering to our more base impulses as human beings.

8/10 -- Definitely recommended.
>>
>>66243100
Ouch.
>>
>>66242986
look nigga i aint that guy but i like dadrock and i dont even have a dad, even I can tell you styx stands for styxs o shite
>>
>>66245556
I bet you hate Boston too desu you're no fun
>>
>>66243642
literally the point of the thread
>>
File: frippercakes.jpg (34 KB, 465x349) Image search: [Google]
frippercakes.jpg
34 KB, 465x349
Sleepless > Elephant Talk

That Being Said

Discipline > Three of a Perfect Pair > Beat
>>
>>66245591
you are most definitely not wrong famillia
>>
>>66241565
You're right though.
>>66243100
wtf

Anyway, here are mine:

I think that Pink Floyd improved immensley once Syd left, and I actually think it's pretty absurd that they have any association being that they're nothing alike; Syd was whimsical and childish while Pink Floyd were cynical and literate. Also, I understand that whimsy is a huge part of psychedelia, but there are artists who have done it better, namely early Mercury Rev, especially on Yerself Is Steam.

Also, I think Pigpen was the worst keyboardist the Grateful Dead ever had. In a 1975 interview, Jerry Garcia said that, when he was in the band, they wrote with his capabilities in mind, and once he was gone, they no longer had to do that, which I think was a kind way of saying that he was holding them back. You were never going to get songs like Eyes of the World, Help On the Way, and Terrapin Station while Pigpen was in the band. He was basically their mascot.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.