[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with their later albums?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Folder.jpg (148 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
148 KB, 900x900
What went wrong with their later albums?
>>
>>66240671
I thought absolution might have been better.
>>
>>66240698
I'm referring to their discography after Supermassive Black Hole.
>>
What do you mean by that? If you pinpoint your own biases you will find it easier to enjoy music.

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol7/muse.html
>>
>>66240743
Ah, I have only recently been listening to their stuff and didn't listen past Black Holes and revelations because I was warned of it.
>>
>>66240743
The problem I've had with all the stuff I've listened to by them is that the albums seem to have 1-3 really good songs on it but the rest are just, idk, forgettable to me.
>>
they sold out and matt became a twat
>>
>>66240884
That's actually how I feel as well, even with their older albums. It seems like their style only works for a few songs and afterwards they get boring.
>>
>>66240945
The beginning of Origin of Symmetry I thought was really good and had some potential but as the album continued it felt generic. It's sad really, like they never concentrated the good that they had.
>>
>>66240671
the pretentious lyrics never ended. but man they're good musicians!
>>
resistance had still something in it

the 2nd law was a blast for me, i mean, it was shitty if you think that the same band made showbiz, origin and absolution, but still, t2l was fun

drones is shit. holy shit, it's so shitty. i wanted to see them live again, but drones is too shitty
>>
>>66243600
Exact thoughts, especially about T2L. Even being a totally not cohesive album, at least there was some odd and all over the place experimentation going on that kept things interesting, and having Chris as the lead singer for Liquid State (where Matt would have sounded way too dramatic and off) worked just fine.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.