[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is pic related so good and why was the follow-up just buttrock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1500x1500
how is pic related so good and why was the follow-up just buttrock for indiekid sadbois

>best song
I Quit Girls
>>
because these were just songs they had written organically, while Celebration Rock was a bunch of shit they had to force themselves to write
>>
>>66239371
you may not have realized this but

this is also just buttrock for indiekid sadbois
>>
>>66239371
God, this album and the singles collection are so much better.
>>
>>66239479
nah senpai

the song structures, the mood, the dynamics. It's an incredibly and deceptively unique record. Celebration Rock, while it has some catchy singles, is just kinda there.
>>
EX OH EX OH EX
>>
>>66239794
it's meant as "x o x o x", as in hugs and kisses
>>
>>66239885
no shit sherlock seems like the appropriate expression here
>>
>>66239479
No that's not that's a cute girl
>>
i'm not really into japandroid's music but they seem like cool guys to chill with
>>
>>66239371
I 100% agree
>listen to celebration of rock when it first came out
>very meh and middle of the road
>stumble on I quit girls a few years later
>check out the rest of post-nothing and loved it
>decide to re-listen to celebration rock
>disappointed again

post nothing is so much fucking better desu
>>
>>66240510
Wet Hair and I Quit Girls are probably among the greatest rock songs of all time desu
>>
>>66241197
Heart sweats and crazy/forever are very very good too
>>
>>66241277
the whole album is also insanely great sex music
>>
Rec me songs with a similar vibe to I Quit Girls pls
>>
>>66239371
But celebration rock is their masterpiece
>>
>>66239371
>>66239794
>>66241197
>>66241277
>>66241816
How is noone talking about Sovereignty it's the best on that album by a long way
I thought celebration rock was great, it was just a rock album designed for live performances and it excelled at it. It could also be that I drummed along to some songs off it and listened to it when I was 18ish so it has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>66242222
Sovereignty is good but nowhere near as great as I Quit Girls or Wet Hair

also Celebration Rock sounds like it could have been made by any standard guitar band. Post-Nothing is a totally unique sounding record
>>
>>66242484
I disagree on the songs but it's a taste thing, Wet Hair is closer but I Quit Girls didn't grab me
Yeah I don't think Celebration Rock is as unique but it did what it was meant to do, it was an album for fun live shows and all the songs are filled with energy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.