[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Syd Barrett died 10 years ago today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: syd_06.jpg (20 KB, 500x514) Image search: [Google]
syd_06.jpg
20 KB, 500x514
Syd Barrett died 10 years ago today.
>>
oh no
>>
congratz
>>
>>66234348
he died like 44 years ago. The guy was a total recluse and stopped caring about art and music long before he died.
>>
File: syd.png (74 KB, 769x222) Image search: [Google]
syd.png
74 KB, 769x222
Were Syd's solo work really that good?
>>
>>66235687
He cared about flowers though. And he liked to throw tvs out of windows. At least for a time. I don't know what stopped him as he had shitloads of cash forever.
>>
File: barrett-syd-501652789d39c.jpg (849 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
barrett-syd-501652789d39c.jpg
849 KB, 1920x1080
>>66235719
yeah it's fantastic if you're into that sort of thing. it's very different from his Pink Floyd stuff though but if you liked his weird whimsical lyrics and guitar playing, you might like his solo stuff
>>
>>66235768
But he was a completely different person, and he probably thought that the creative parts of him is what made him sick. He often destroyed his paintings after making them too so maybe he was really tough on himself and didn't want to release something that didn't live up to the legacy.
>>
>>66235719
Pretty good I think. Almost as good as the Piper songs, except he just sat strumming his guitar alone in a studio without a band which makes it a bit depressing to listen to.
>>
Spice Girls debuted today 20 years ago.

Whoa.
>>
>>66235851
The Spice Girls killed Syd!
>>
>>66235719
Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 288x339
>Barrett reportedly ran up to a Londoner wearing a Dark Side of the Moon shirt sometime in the mid 90's and shouted "Hey! That's my band!"
>>
Syd era PF is really the only really worthwhile part of PF.
>>
schizophrenia is fucking shit, life expectancy reduced by 15 years (not fucking exaggerating either)
>>
>>66236498
Everything else is BLAND.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.