[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: fuckyou.jpg (8 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
8 KB, 250x166
Do you like this?
>>
Yes, just not as good as SILY but still really good and unique
>>
I might like it if I can find a link somewhere to download the album.
>>
>>66233864
Love it. Think of it as an Avalanches reboot and not a sequel to SILY. It's a fantastic album.
>>
>>66233885
>>66233895
>>66233915

Seriously, listened it last night. I heard "Since I Left You" before. And El Producto in the last days but... Wildflower, is not what i expected coming from a band that took 16 years to produce this.

I wrote about this (not shilling lol, just for fun), this album... i prefer El Producto, Wildflaw is mess, what the fuck!!!!!!

http://eloquentmark.tumblr.com/post/147030943095/the-avalanches-wildflower-2016-review
>>
Yeah, I really do.
>>
>>66233864
a whole fucking lot.
there an emotional core to the album deeper than the carefree nature it sounds like on surface level
>>
If SILY is Pet Sounds, this is Smile for sure.
>>
File: keep talking.png (49 KB, 255x311) Image search: [Google]
keep talking.png
49 KB, 255x311
>>66233943
You don't get the "trip" feel SILY had because the songs don't flow as smoothly, there's fade outs and ambient noises and then the songs start again, mostly for the second part of the album.

I think it could have been solved by including some b-sides like Undersea Community, Walking or Every Day at the second end, and work a lot more the flow between songs

Oh, well... at least we get some nice tracks and the chances that there's more coming up where that came from
>>
>>66234047
some transitions flows in a pointless way...
in some parts the album almost make me want to vomit
>>
>>66234240
Now you know how I feel when I read one of your posts.
>>
>>66234240
Music shouldn't make you want to vomit ash, just step back from music for a while and listen to other things, come back open-minded, there's all kinds of music and you'll find yours ;-)
>>
Anyone got an authentic CD rip of this up yet?
>>
>>66234409
I checked the files with spek.cc from what.cd, and they seem legit.
>>
>>66234465
Could you post it on MEGA?
>>
>>66234519
I second this
>>
>>66234519
Not that guy, but here you go

https://mega.nz/#F!ClpCDabA!vKn3ksIE8HCXdtM7Nt5o7A
>>
>>66234374
the album is seriously disgusting lol

not even hating right here
i just don't feel this
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-18-28-10.png (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-18-28-10.png
485 KB, 1920x1080
>>66234519
I can't but here's the filesize and shit to see if what the other guy posted was legit.
>>
Ties AMSP as my AotY.
>>
>>66234533
thanks, dude!!

could someone post the 320 if they have it for posterity?
>>
>>66234716
Just buy the fucking album you cheap fuck.
>>
Its my AOTY and I like it more than SILY.
>>66234038
SMiLE is my favorite album and I definitely hear the same spirit in Wildflower.
>>66234018
I agree with this. The album as a whole feels like a celebration but the more subdued tracks really have an emotional weight to them just through their composition. I love how the album mellows out in the last third and ends on a perfect closer. Saturday Night Inside Out has the most dance-able groove on the whole album while still being melancholy and calming
>>
>>66234716
Buy the album and support the fucking band
>>
>>66234213
lawl
>>
File: 1445689724832.jpg (10 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
1445689724832.jpg
10 KB, 300x193
>>66234881
>>66234822
>still buys albums
>>
>>66234984
kys
>>
>>66234213
I'm fucking sick of this electro-swing meme. You guys are ruining the new album for the millions of people who enjoyed it and I hope you get what you deserve. You just hate other people having fun so you have to compare such a masterpiece with fucking electro-swing, an irrelevant genre for fucking wazzocks. Just enjoy the music senpai
>>
for the most part yes, there are some meh traxx tho
>>
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
some good moments, but overall it sort of washed over me. especially the second half of the album, just some nice loops with reverb, songs aren't that memorable

6.5/10
>>
After multiple listens, it's gotta be AOTY for me. Hard to say for sure right now, but it feels on par with SILY (which has been my favorite album for the past decade).

There's a lot more standout moments on this record than on SILY personally and they all mean a lot to me.
I'm gonna try to list out my favorites because I'm bored and that perhaps they might ring true to others.

>the orchestral outro in Because I'm Me
>the Jean Michel Basquiat "genius child" quote in Going Home
>how If I Was A Folkstar can sound both happy and sad, and its Beach Boys, truck horns, and wind-chimes samples
>Zap!'s backwards harmonica and sample quote about flying
>all of Live A Lifetime Love's themes of adolescence, its 60s instrumentation crossed with Camp Lo's rap
>transition from Livin Underwater to Wozard of Iz
>"I've just got other stuff on my mind these days" in Sunshine
>Donahue's lyrics on Kaleidoscopic Lovers ("and now can see what all birds see")
>Delivery of "teardrops were standing in my eyes" by Berman in the satisfying and cathartic return of Cowboy Overflow of the Heart in the finale
>>
>>66235107
ruining the album, or forcing the electroswing aesthetic into embrace? think about it.
>>
>>66235276
I agree with all of those. Also just the general craziness of Noisy Eater, especially the second half where more and more samples are added to the mix. And the beach boys vocals in Live A Lifetime Love, and the grooves in general on If I Was A Folkstar and Saturday Night Inside Out
>>
Album has summer all over it, shit is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>66235276
Wazord of Iz is maybe the worst song of all time, seriously the fuck
>>
Does anyone truly believe frankie sounds like electroswing? It's polka. There's not really any 'electro' to it
>>
>>66235499
That's because the 'electro-swing' part is a joke.
>>
>>66235477
You've made it pretty clear that you're not feeling this album, tripfag. I'm honestly sorry and I wish you could enjoy and find love in Wildflower like the most of us.
>>
>>66235477
Go away.
>>
This album is lovely, I think it lived it up most of the hype.

It's going to be considered a classic with its predecessor
>>
Electroswing
>>
File: THanks_o_28684[1].jpg (31 KB, 400x425) Image search: [Google]
THanks_o_28684[1].jpg
31 KB, 400x425
>>66234533
>>
>>66233864
It's never going to be as near-perfect and timeless as SILY, but it's a great album
>>
who /sunshine/ here?
>>
>>66235825
I feel it. Love the stretch on the vocal sample.
>>
Anyone else catch the AnCo sample?
>>
>>66235865
atleast psych pop just because the simply reverbering over Wozard of Zyzz?
>>
>>66235855
>>66235825
At first I found it a bit obnoxious, but I've really come to like the parts with the vocal sample in the right ear and the piano in the left. Also towards the end when it adds more percussion sounds great
>>
>>66235943
This. When I first heard the mono leak It was really annoying. But when I finally heard it in decent quality I had like an emotional moment. I was totally moved.
>>
>>66235910
I'm not actually sure if it's AnCo but during Livin' Underwater you can hear something that sounds like Chores but pitched up.

https://youtu.be/BIF4U_QFSxQ?t=28s
>>
average electroswing troglodyte-meme music
>>
>>66235985
I was just listening to RAM by Paul McCartney for the first time today, and suddenly found myself listening to Livin' Underwater

https://youtu.be/DupyAkOZLYA?t=89

which is confirmed by this article
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4492761.htm
>>
I really enjoyed the first half, but the second half fell flat for me. Just not enough memorable tracks. The nostalgic summer vibe also felt a bit forced (too many twinkly, sunshiney reverb effects), whereas on SILY it came naturally.

Subways might be my favorite track by them though
>>
>>66234651
Well, if it's from the mp3 source and someone transcoded it to FLAC, the files will still be huge.
>>
File: 1467070956268.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
1467070956268.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>66234984
>he doesn't support artists he likes
>>
I just finished listening to the album for the first time. Overall, I am disappointed. Like >>66236455
said, there simply aren't any incredibly memorable tracks. Subways and The Wozard of Iz come to mind, but other than that, everything else just felt like by the numbers summer tunes. Meanwhile, on SILY, EVERY track is distinct, interesting, and instantly recognizable. Maybe it's just because I haven't had enough time to listen to this as much as SILY, but I seriously doubt more playthroughs will change my opinion on this. This really fell flat for me.
>>
File: LEGIT.jpg (766 KB, 1920x964) Image search: [Google]
LEGIT.jpg
766 KB, 1920x964
>>66234465
>>66234519
>>66234409
>>66234533 is legit. See pic related
>>
>>66236716
some weird very high pitched tones going on in there. Maybe artifacts from sampling or interference
>>
>>66236634
I found that first listen, the first half was more memorable, but second listen I was really impressed by the second half. Now I think the album has a consistent level of quality and it keeps my attention the whole way through. That said theres definitely a split between more subtle tracks and more in-your-face exciting tracks.
>>
>>66236265
I fucking love Ram and that song in particular, but didn't catch the sample.

I'll have to listen again, as I've only listened to Wildflower once through. Loved it, mind you.
>>
>>66236634
I completely disagree about your assessment of SILY.

These albums are very similar to me. Both sound like fun summer mixes, with flourishes of hiphop cradled by long-gone-era soul, sunshine pop, and funk.
I always found SILY to be completely indistinct in terms of individual tracks. In fact, I've always felt pretty awkward listening to those songs out of context. Wildflower is no different, though of course the features (like Danny Brown) help with that a little bit.

You people overrate the fuck outta SILY. It's a classic, and an absolute achievement in terms of the arrangement/sampling involved, but musically it's a very niche sound and style. None of the tracks really rip, it's just a big stream-of-counsciousness approach to music curated by people that truly see the joy and love in music. I personally love it, but if I were to isolate all the moments I love, they wouldn't really hold up out of context.

Wildflower is exactly as good. It's not the greatest music ever, but it has such a distinct feel to it, and represents such a refreshing, fun approach to music. I'm just so freakin' glad these guys are back at it. These are the people who should be in charge of the industry, you can hear the joy and passion in every moment.
>>
>>66237119
both albums are journeys. I can't just listen to one track, I have to hear the whole thing. Especially SILY.
>>
>>66233864
Yes
>>
>>66238298
>reverse images search doesn't bring up anything

Jesus Christ, why would you waste your time making this?
>>
>>66236872
This
>>
I'm high as fuck now and I love it.

>inb4 "DUDE WEED LMAO"
fucking edgy shitlords everywhere
>>
>>66238298
Needs that one Handsomeboy Technique album on it.
>>
>>66238340
I'm a graphic designer and I like music, it was fun
>>
>>66238298
Good work, it looks much better than other flowcharts I've seen. Also has a lot of things I haven't listened to yet
>>
>>66238385
This tbhfamilia. That album is so good.
>>
File: 1423369557861.jpg (125 KB, 800x707) Image search: [Google]
1423369557861.jpg
125 KB, 800x707
AOTYSF, easily. I've been listening to it nonstop over the past week.

I can't get over how beautiful Saturday Night Inside Out is.
>>
File: Fixed.png (425 KB, 952x464) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.png
425 KB, 952x464
>>66238298
>>
>>66238487
have a (you) :^)
>>66238451
hope you like it then, I made it because when I asked for recommendations here in /mu/ I only got fucking Endtroducing all over and over (whoch is not a bad album, just, really different from The Avalanches)
>>
>>66238298
What the fuck, not nearly enough stuff in the mixtape family.
Where's Cornerstone? Where's Sirens! Soca! Brains!?

>Meh, this is more like a Beastie Boys album
>Meh
El Producto's fucking great. Don't put your own personal bias into an objective chart

Make sure to specify that When I Met You is basically the Gimix mix.

Also make sure when referring to the Electricity EP, you'r referring to the 7" NOT the CD.
The 7" has Information, Let's Cheer, and I'm Taken. The CD just has different mixes and remixes of Electricity. You can have both, just make sure you specify that.

It's a good start, albeit a little messy design wise. It's pretty general and is missing out on some of their best stuff like Cornerstone, At Home, Electricity EP 7". Honestly though, it really should just refer to the mixtape and set sticky on the Avalanches reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theavalanches/comments/2zj33i/24_and_counting_of_the_avalanches_mixtapes_live/
>>
>>66238584
>flowchart made by a fan
>objective

pick one
>>
>>66238298
You're missing some caravan palace, my friend.
>>
>>66238810
You're missing my dick up your ass, friendo
>>
>>66238833
Leave the lady be wench
>>
>>66238743
Yeah no shit it's made by a fan, but it's a flowchart made for a purpose: to guide people into getting into The Avalanches' discography.

Calling one of their most beloved early projects "meh" on a chart that's supposed to get people into it is counterproductive, uneeded, and definitely not representative of the general consensus of said project.

I appreciate the effort to get started on one of these, but you shouldn't turn people off onto a band that you want people to listen to at the same time.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.