[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lest we forget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
Backstreet Boys [Jive, 1997]

I'm not claiming I would have gotten the message without a 13-year-old I know broadcasting it from her boombox. But keynoted by two guaranteed pop classics, one dance and one heart, this is genius teensploitation. I give half credit to songwriter-svengali Max Martin, who's put in time with Ace of Base. But as someone who still suspects Abba were androids, I award the other half to the Boys, without whose sincere if not soulful simulations of soul and sincerity Martin's slow ones would be as sickening as any other promise that's made to be broken. Together the team manufactures a juicy sexual fantasy for virgins who get nervous when performers grab their dicks and think it's gross when teenage ignoramuses copy the move. They deserve one. After all, it is gross. A-

Pablo Honey [Capitol, 1993]

"Creep" *scissors*
>>
shut the fuck up
>>
What the fuck does scissors mean
>>
Christgau always gives me the vibe that he's trying to one-up the artist, it's annoying
>>
i swear, it's as if christgau predated every annoying RYM user by 50 years
>>
>>66229136
Choice cuts. It means the song is the only notable thing on the record.
>>
>>66229136
That the song mentioned is the only song on the album worth listening to

So he just said that Creep is worth listening to. But not You, or Blow Out, or Anyone Can Play Guitar.

Bravo, Robert "If it ain't I-IV-V it ain't worth a jive" Christgau.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>tfw Christgau rates your favorite album two squiggly lines and an upside down ampersand
>>
That's funny because Thom Yorke absolutely despises Creep.

>>66229242
Sigor Ros ( ), right?
>>
Creep is the only thing Radiohead got right, no wonder Thom and their fans hate it; they can't stand something that's good.
>>
>>66229072
Isn't 13 already too old for Backstreet Boys? I mean, that's more like the Wiggles.
>>
Creep just sounds like generic 1993 alternative rock to me.
>>
>>66229377
It is generic 1993 alternative rock. And people love it for whatever reason. That's exactly why the band hate it
>>
In fact it's almost exactly the same as STP - Creep which was a better song anyway.
>>
To be perfectly fair, Xgau didn't like anything of BB except their debut album.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.