[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stadium Arcadium or Blood Sugar Sex Magik?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: DB7.jpg (41 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
DB7.jpg
41 KB, 500x393
Stadium Arcadium or Blood Sugar Sex Magik?
>>
>>66226720
Stadium Arcadium
>>
>>66226720
BSSM

Because it's funkier
>>
Stadium Arcadium is a super shitty album. It makes me think of waiting in an elevator.

RHCP hasn't put out anything worth listening to since One Hot Minute (which is actually a pretty cool album).

BSSM is their opus
>>
>>66226813
objectively over-fuckin-rated. come on i guess youre 16-19 yo
>>
>>66226867
agreed 1000x over. BSSM > freaky styley > UMPP is a good order to subjectively rate a top three imo
>>
File: 1382675124179.jpg (11 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1382675124179.jpg
11 KB, 212x218
>>66226720
Neither. Hearing RHCP makes me want to cut my wrists.
>>
File: john lydon.jpg (141 KB, 827x1024) Image search: [Google]
john lydon.jpg
141 KB, 827x1024
>>66226975
*i think you mean hearing 'the clash'
>>
>>66226720
Anything with John Frusciante, the rest of the band are hopeless.
>>
>>66227103
Are you fucking serious anon?
>>
>>66227103
Okay. If this is b8, good job, you have successfully triggered me.

...But if this is serious:

Unironically kill yourself. If you like RHCP but not The Clash, you are a shit stain and I want you wiped off the face of the earth.
>>
>all this RHCP shittalking
>implying Californication wasn't the first album a lot of you owned
>>
Both BSSM and Californication are the best teenager summer albums. They are objectively good.

Rest of their discog is pretty 'meh' tho.
>>
The 17 Best tracks from Stadium Arcadium are better than the 17 tracks on Blood Sugar Sex Magik.
>>
File: IgCNpSdyyts.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
IgCNpSdyyts.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
I love the band. But they did lose their main songwriter. I love both albums, but BSSM is just so fucking good.
>>
>>66230191
It's all like yeah, I mean they were a lot older when they wrote SA and the songs have more maturity to them and aren't as childish.
>>
>>66228786

Are RHCP the ultimate guilty pleasure band? I feel like Mother's Milk - By the Way are all perfectly listenable albums, with Californication being the high point. I have no delusions about their actual quality, but I think they're fun for what they are.
>>
>>66226720
Stadium Arcadium was pretty shit apart from like 3 or 4 songs. I think BSSM gets overrated by people trying to like RHCP but not seem mainstream. They're a mainstream rock band, it's ok. You can admit that Californication is their best album
>>
>>66231391
fuck no, its not their best by far
Mothers milk, one hot minute, Mofo Plan, By the way are far better. BSSM is equal in quality tho
>>
>>66231495
I personally rate Californication as their best, but I think every Frusciante album apart from Stadium is in some order 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th before you can count the others. I just appreciate him a lot more than anyone else ever involved with them
>>
>>66226720
BSSM >>> SA

Everyone knows their earlier music was better
>>
>>66231624
To be fair BTW is my favourite album of theirs because its the most frusciante influenced. Its very melodic.
Plus, one hot minute isnt as garbage as many people seem to believe. Navarro did his thing and the album sounds kinda psychedelic
>>
BSSM of course
>>
>>66231115
they're not even bad though. john fruciante and flea are both among the greatest at their respective instruments.
>>
>>66231495
this nigga knows whattttttttts upppppp
>>
Still their best album.
>>
all their albums are too fucking long, even the most praised one - BSSM should be filtered
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
Mother's Milk [EMI, 1989]

Punks who loved Hendrix and P-Funk way back when, they've decided to cash in on their excellent taste. Problem is, they didn't have the chops to pull it off before and now that they've pushed the guitar up front, they sound even cruder. I'm sure they're nice guys though--even mention "compassion" in the first verse. C+

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mystiks ("Give It Away", "Breaking the Girl") **

One Hot Minute [Warner Bros., 1995] *bomb*

Californication [Warner Bros., 1999]

New Age fuck fiends ("Scar Tissue", "Purple Stain") **
>>
>>66227720
>>66227593
someday summer will end
>>
Stardium Arcadium. Litteraly no bad songs.

>Also

What do you think of pic related? Say what you want but dat intro to "The Longest Wave".I still considered Josh just "that one guy who's not John Frusciante" even after seeing them play at Werchter last saturday but not after hearing that song.
>>
>>66232652
Best Chili Pepper without Frusicante, i would even say better than Mother's Milk.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.