[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album terrifies me. I can imagine someone playing this during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
This album terrifies me. I can imagine someone playing this during a SAW scenario. I don't think I enjoy it. However, I appreciate it for what it is. Do Swans fans recognize that this shit is terrifying to normal people?
>>
>>66225817
Well yeah, it's supposed to be massive and terrifying. That's the appeal
>>
The Seer is oddly ritualistic and tribal compared to TBK AND TGM. idk it's not that scary tho
>>
I found it to beautiful.
>>
>>66225817
The first time I listened to it all the way through, I was dozing off & started to have nightmares, lol. So yeah, it kinda spooky, but that's one of the reasons I like it so much :)
>>
Anybody see them tonight? What'd they play
>>
this album is cringeworthy shit and swans is only for edgy teenagers, no one with good taste likes this unironically
>>
File: Shit Comes Knocking In.png (402 KB, 904x582) Image search: [Google]
Shit Comes Knocking In.png
402 KB, 904x582
>>66225817
Thought it was beautiful. The only eerie part about it was the occult chants in Lunacy and the bagpipe solo in The Seer with the Gira vocals whispering, "I see it all."
Where as songs like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1PCamvbeA&list=PLwIKPGoLUjo2uoKsVGZL3LvvlBRgNCpwI&index=8 give it leverage.

I consider Public Castration more scary simply because Gira would kill me if I do anything stupid live in that set. Also Gira was an chaotic individual at that time period.
>>
i was supposed to fucking see them in philly tonight
>>
>>66225817
Yeah, but if/when it clicks it's strangely beautiful. I find it a similar experience to The Drift.
>>
>>66225817
thats pretty gay my dude
>>
>>66225817
Well of course. Why else would we play it on jukeboxes when we walk into bars?
>>
>>66225817
I find the terror appealing
>>
its actually pretty groovy and fun
>>
>>66230880
also the second half of the apostate is a great song to dance like a madman to
>>
>>66225817
Terrifying = good (if you are not a pleb)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observations_on_the_Feeling_of_the_Beautiful_and_Sublime
>>
>>66231044
my man
>>
fucking karen o is on this album. Are you 5?
>>
desu, I don't find it or really any of Swans scary. That's not a dig, they've just always felt "forceful" I guess rather than menacing. Then again the only time I've ever really thought any music was "scary" was when I first listened to Revolution #9 at like 11 years old.

Idk, true fear just doesn't really translate well through music alone IMO. Even stuff like Jandek just sounds strange or eerie at worst.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.