[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to understand this dude. I've listened to the Richard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: rdj.jpg (85 KB, 940x798) Image search: [Google]
rdj.jpg
85 KB, 940x798
I want to understand this dude. I've listened to the Richard James D album and I care because you do, I thought they were pretty good.

Where else should I go? And is his IDM or ambient stuff better?
>>
>>66223388
>unironically using the term IDM
>>
>idm
stop saying this
>>
drukqs
>>
>>66223416
>drukqs
Is this more ambient? Or is it what ever I should be saying instead of IDM
>>
>>66223406
what else would you call it?
>>
>>66223446
Ok please leave
>>
>>66223388
Listen to SAW I & II. That's his ambient stuff.

Listen to Drukqs. That's not either IDM or ambient.

Listen to Syro. That's his "IDM".
>>
>>66223519
ty anon
>>
>>66223446
Uh, it's half drill n bass, half computer controlled contemporary classical meandering. Rather good release.
IDM is a term that rose up from the wake of the Artificial Intelligence compilations and series of albums on Warp records. Each artist in this series comes from a p different background and they all ended up making much different music later on but at the time they were all making ambient techno right? Maybe IDM works as a dumb name for ambient techno. But basically all these artists ended up exploring different strains of acid techno, post-jungle stuff, glitch, psychedelic downtempo, etc. etc. and everybody just calls it IDM bc it's some heady shit or whatev.
>>
>>66223655
There's a flowchart somewhere up to CCAI
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.