[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anonymous Band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: group.jpg (94 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
group.jpg
94 KB, 576x576
Hey guys, I was just having this debate with a friend and thinking it was an interesting idea- BUT do you think it's possible to start a band and remain completely anonymous (besides wearing masks)? It's been done, yes, but in a city setting with loading in gear/instruments/ and being at local shows I can only think of so many ideas on how to keep a low profile of that magnitude. Ideas?
>>
>>66219692
Also- Anonymous band general
>>
>>66219692
every band who did it so far has revealed themselves at some point
I think Cro in germany is still anonymous, what I can recommend is being your own roadie
>>
>>66220442
>What are the residents
>>
Eventually someone will recognise your face

Without masks it would be impossible
>>
>>66220498
forgot about the residents, good point
>>
Yeah the residents are a good one. I was arguing the idea that we set up our own shit and avoid whatever show we would play, but thinking about it- we'd probably have to rent a van every time or just have a secret vehicle otherwise people would notice who's car it is. I live in a city where the scene is pretty involved and everyone knows everyone so they'd notice that shit. It would be tough.
>>
Wear masks constantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWemvEmsulw
>>
To my knowledge, Sōtaisei Riron was totally anonymous for most of their career. But they did that by prohibiting photography.
>>
And to clarify- yeah we would definitely have to wear masks
>>
what surprises me is that even online artists have a hard time staying anonymous.
>>
>>66220498
While the identity of the Residents has never been revealed, I am under the impression it was never one set group of people, or just four guys. The way they discuss it in Theory of Obscurity is more that The Residents was a cultural idea that grew and was shaped by this collective of artists and musicians. Sometimes people not even directly linked to songwriting were behind the masks, so it's hard to say if it truly was just 4 anonymous guys writing the music or a large group of people sharing and combining ideas.
>>
>>66221468
Because your name sticks to you like glue online.
>>
>>66221517
Definitely wasn't the same 4 people, but I don't think that's too important.
>>
>>66220442
The White Mice.
I think they share some members with The Residents because they keep referencing them
>>
There was a local band I can't recall the name of that stayed pretty well anonymous until they quit. They wore jumpsuits with the sleeves cut off, and picasso-esque facepaint that made it fuckin impossible to tell what they looked like.
Just a shitty post-punk band, but I thought it was neat.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.