[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be hardcore punk >If they aren't from the 70's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 500x335
>Be hardcore punk
>If they aren't from the 70's they aren't real punk no matter what they sound like
>Fuck any band who's been seen by more than 25 people, fucking commercial sell outs
>Be able to fall asleep at night knowing you're smarter than everyone else who liked punk groups from the 90's
>feelspunkman.jpg
>>
>Punk groups from the 90's
There were good ones?
>>
in the meantime people with taste have long since realized punk was an error in musical history, one of those genres that produced no good music, like chiptune, djent, wizard rock et al
>>
this is bait and 80s punk>60s punk>70s punk>90s punk
>>
>>66218866
>muh musical complexity
>muh mainstream
>>
>>66218942
>defending a commiefied, whitened rehash of the dead horse of rocknroll under pretext of slightly more distorted geetahs

lmao
>>
>>66218942
>muh musical complexity
You say that as if someone should be proud they can only play power chords and barely sing on key over them.
Sounds like you've just got a shit underdeveloped palate.
>>
>>66218999
Yeah, it's not like punk is a unique genre that spawned from the counterculture that went on to inspire the alternative rock revolution of the 1990's. Yeah, irrelevant trash.
>>
>>66219098
>non-musical bullshit

see >>66218999
>>
>>66219060
The point was the disdain of the counterculture towards social norms, and their instrumentation reflected that. Raw, melodic, simple.
>>
>>66219131
>Fact dodge
>>
>>66219255
that's what you did by involving all kinds of stuff that has nothing to do with music. are you going to talk about your cats next?
>>
70s punk>80s punk>90s punk
btw does anyone know any good 90s punk bands
>>
Why do the shittiest genres always have the most pretentious, circle-jerking, know-it-all fanbases?
>>
>>66218866
>wizard rock
What does this mean? Im interested.
>>
>>66219343
Yeah punk is ironically really conservative
The movement never really delivered on the promise that anyone could make whatever music they want and still be accepted
>>
>>66219388
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_rock

you're going to wish you didn't ask though
>>
>>66219343
I love punk as a genre, I admire its evolution despite being below the radar of the mainstream mostly, and it's DIY culture. But, people like the OP is talking about are fucking cancer.
>>
>>66219285
What? I stated punk rock's direct influence in an extremely important era of rock music. How is that unrelated?
>>
>>66219419
Any new punk bands you would recommend?
>>
>>66219446
you didn't say that, you merely stated they originated from the same "counterculture". also, there is not good rock post-'76 so I have no idea what the fuck your point was supposed to be

see >>66218999
>>
>>66219458
Fuck no, punk is looking real fucked right now. I dig Rise Against, but that's about it, they aren't very new.
>>
>>66219214
That's probably why it's more interesting as a cultural movement than a musical one.
Also:
>melodic
>punk
By what standard? It's hardly got better melody writing than the rest of rock music. The majority of punk has either tenuous or boringly simple melody in punk. As you said though, that's the point.
>>
>>66219509
Oooohhhh so you're in that vein of hipster faggotry where you think your opinion is more superior than everyone else's. Alternative rock reached its pinnacle in the 1990's, which I already told you was directly inspired by punk. No good music after '76? That's fucking autistic.
>>
hell yeah im a hardcoer punk
>>
>>66219619
no good ROCK after '76, I didn't say no good music. But yeah enjoy your nickelback man
>>
>>66219410
Wow that's disappointing. I was hoping it was an extension of crazy 70s prog.

At least i learned something on mu for once.
>>
>>66219518
It's the most barebones components of music that people enjoy. It's why people with no edge musically at all today, like fucking Ed Sheeran can have a career. Just being able to create good melodies.
>>
>>66219654
Even so, that's what I meant, rock. You're fucking crazy. The 90's were a golden age in rock music.
>>
>>66219732
What age are you?
>>
>>66218814
Confirmed for not being into punk
90s powerviolence was based
>>
>>66219782
>The 90's were a golden age in rock music.
lol
>>
>>66219794
I'm not into Ed Sheeran, it's fucking pleb music. But musically, you have to see other viewpoints, and understand why people listen to shit like that. The only reason people like him is not because he's done anything original or interesting, but because he can write good vocal melodies. It was just an example.
>>
>>66219800
powerviolence is more metal than punk
>>
>>66219897
shut ur mouth
>>
>>66219863
Fact. It was the pinnacle of rock music in the mainstream, and for good reason.
>>
>>66219913
The latter half of the 90s sucked for hard rock though
>>
File: 1464374550050.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464374550050.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>66219410
>Wizard rock (sometimes shortened as Wrock) is a genre of rock music that developed between 2002 and 2004 in the United States. Wizard rock bands are characterized by their performances and humorous songs about the Harry Potter universe.
What is this bullshit?
>>
>>66219913
could grunge fans please leave /mu/ thank you very much
>>
>>66218814
Charles Bronson
H20
Dropdead

the list goes on
>>
>>66220004
Oh yeah, I'm just some faggot that likes nirvana. If you think the 90's were solely about grunge you're fucking autistic.
>>
>>66219953
Fact. Still, with the influx of original material in the 90's, that can't really devalue the 90's importance.
>>
>>66219897
Except it literally isn't at all shut the fuck up
>>
>>66220045
Charles Bronson is so entry level 90s HC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChXbgu0ELT4
>>
>>66219887
What age are you?
>>
>>66218918
As much as I'm sure you want Detroit bands to be 60s punk, they just aren't.
>>
>>66220421
What does it matter? So you can generalize me, effectively avoiding the responsibility of having to use factual evidence to prove me wrong here? I could be 15 or 42, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>66220751
>What does it matter?
You need to be 18 to post on this site.

But if you're really interested:
>It's the most barebones components of music that people enjoy.
Minimalism, ambient music, noise, etc. all feature more simple and stripped back music and have plenty of fans.
>Ed Sheeran
Pop stars of the day don't have very much relevance on a board like this because most people know enough about music to know the mainstream has always been mostly shit and every decade has it's Ed Sheerans who dominate the mainstream of their day but who get forgotten over time.
>The only reason people like him is not because he's done anything original
Originality isn't a reason to like or dislike something and is only really relevant in a discussion about musical history and culture. Personal preference is determined by your palate which is largely separate from the context something was recorded in. If someone played you two pieces of music from a style you know nothing about, you're probably not going to be able to tell which one of them did x thing first and it has very little bearing on your experience.
> or interesting
Well that's subjective but you say yourself that he writes good melodies so I'm not really sure why you're saying you don't think he's interesting.
>>
>>66219513
>punk
>Rise Against

my sides
>>
>>66220526
>hi i know nothing about what im talking about, but want to seem cool on 4chan

the monks, the sonics, mc5, early stooges especially were punk

youre a retard
>>
>>66221302
These bands all influenced punk. They were not punk.
>>
>>66221302
I suppose the Velvet Underground and the New York Dolls are punk rock too.
>>
>>66220751
What age are you?
>>
>>66221209
I can respect someone like him in that regard, but for me, that doesn't make his music good. See, people tend to shut off the world evolving around them. They are stubborn, and stay in their little bubble of opinion. Ed Sheeran is relevant somehow. You can't say oh his music sucks so fuck everyone that likes him, that's not progressive at all. You have to ask why they are relevant in the mainstream, and that reason has to be linked to their sound. Mu/ is fucked, because collectively we're ignorant, and pretend like what we don't like isn't relevant somehow. That's why we all act like we want to see the world burn, because we refuse to take things in that we don't like.
>>
>>66221302
My favorite 60's punk bands are The Beatles, The Kinks and The Who
>>
>>66221209
What age are you?
>>
>>66218866
>chiptune
You leave Anamanaguchi out of this
>>
>>66221484
What age are you?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 220x220
>>66221510
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.