[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pitchfork Chicago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pitchforkmusic.jpg (74 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pitchforkmusic.jpg
74 KB, 500x333
Anyone of you guys going to this? I bought a ticket for Saturday to see Brian Wilson, but none of my friends are going. We could meet up
>>
>>66216129
i am not going this year but it's consistently one of the best music festivals. the lineup (usually), the size, the people, the location, everything.

i will be at some of the aftershows though.
>>
>>66216129
I live in Chicago, but I'm not going to that. We could still meet up and do fun shit like throw rocks at trains and talk about Paul McCartney.
>>
>>66216708
>>66216540
Brian Wilson is playing the same day as Sufjan stevens, BW is 7:30-8:30 Sufjan is 8:30 to close.

Is there a chance the BW show will be fairly empty so I dont have to get there 5 hours early

(I dont care about the other bands, mainy BW, possibly Sufjan)
>>
>>66216129
i will only meet up if grill. nah jk. you can hang with my friends, anon. tis will be a fun time, add me on last.fm if u want

http://www.last.fm/user/rhp2015
>>
>>66217268
i've been going since 2012 and lol an artist that big. people lined up front stage for kendrick and neutral milk hotel st vincent grimes bjork you name it hours and hours before hand. You gotta get there early if you want that front row.
>>
>>66217268
also i wanted to mention i really like p4k's stage set-up. the blue stage is almost always easy to get up close to. Go see a green show or red show, rush to blue stage and rinse and repeat. and they usually have the most underrated artists there. heck, kendrick was on the blue stage i think 2011.
>>
>>66219141
yeah but this is "beach boys" most people would brush it off if they didnt know who Brian was.

>>66219171
Brians on the Red stage Sufjan is on Green stage. holly herndon is on Blue around the same time
>>
>>66219298
i think you're underrating how big brian wilson is but the fan base of p4k is mostly geared towards sufjan stevens so it won't be as bad as seeing him up-close. he'll definitely gather more people.
>>
>>66219366
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get there early. maybe I'll run into someone there but it just seems boring listening to bands for 5 hours by yourself but who knows
>>
Im going saturday but Ill be with my friends. I would meet up with you if I was going alone. Sorry OP
>>
>>66220742
its ok
>>
File: Tired Man.jpg (38 KB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
Tired Man.jpg
38 KB, 400x490
>>66216129
Not this year. I want to, but I'm going to the Swans show at Lincoln Hall instead, because I'm more interested in seeing Swans next week and I didn't save money for the Festival this time.

Although the lineup looks excellent as always. It is still my favorite festival. Maybe next year I'll go and see you anons again.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.