[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's it been so far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 323x156) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 323x156
How's it been so far?
>>
weak
>>
>>66215645
What?
>>
>>66215661
How has 2016 been so far mr.trip
>>
>>66215645
Awesome.

AMSP, Glowing Man, incoming Pixies and Slowdive.

Call me a pleb but AMSP filled the gap Radiohead's discography had and TGM is a perfect final Swans album.
>>
terrible, worst year for music in 2010s
>>
>>66215803
DESU, Glowing Man was a fantastic end but the trilogy as a whole would've been better if it were ordered TGM, Seer then TBK.
>>
>>66215855
it was lazy and pretty disappointing, like most of stuff from this year
>>
>>66215906
I think there's been a lot of fantastic material released this year, this could go down as the best year in the decade IMO. Of course your opinion is just as valid and I respect it! :)
>>
>>66215855
Since the first listen I thought of TGM being like the post-apocalypse of TBK. Some moments are so familiar to TBK songs that it feels like a flashback.
>>
>>66215953
please enlighten me then
>>
it's been great. honestly so much fucking music is released every year that if someone says a year has been bad for music I assume that they just don't try very hard to find it or only follow the mainstream indie press.
>>
>>66215855
Oh I also forgot Andy Stott, great electronic album.
>>
>>66215970
Not him, but it's been great for metal. Vektor's new album is legitimately a modern classic on maybe the level of MDTF for metal.
>>
File: 215965.jpg (123 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
215965.jpg
123 KB, 1200x1200
>>66215971
>nly follow the mainstream indie press.
what do you take me for plen
pic related my current aoty
>>66215991
I still haven't checked Vektor yet but I will
>>
>>66215645

Year of the /mu/-core

So it's been fantastic
>>
>>66215645
David Bowie
Keith Emerson
Prince

Other than that, it's been okay.
>>
>>66215695
I think the memes have been better than the music.
>>
2016 was better, Bowie is the only thing I care for so far this year.
>>
>>66215991
>metal
I've tried for years, anything with that genre makes me cringe. Never got to listen a black thrash technical melodic atmospheric depressive death suicide cock hair metal completely. Maybe it's the whole cliche-filled aesthetic that turns me off.

I don't understand how someone older than 16 years can listen to anything metal.
>>
>>66216074
>2016 was better
What did he mean by this
>>
>>66216014
discogs. follow labels and specialized blogs. avoid the official 2016 rym chart, but users charts can be helpful.
>>
>>66216090
dude I know to find my shit, trouble is most of new stuff is pretty weak so I stick to older music
>>
>>66216114
well, i don't know how to help you then cause this year's been fantastic for me. i suppose it depends on what genres you listen to.
>>
Started off real weak, save for Black Star. But there have been a few really great releases in the last couple months. Seems they are trying to rescue the year from being the worst of the decade so far.
>>
>>66216137
well post your aotys
>>
File: 1464338174160.gif (123 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1464338174160.gif
123 KB, 520x520
>>66216088
>I don't understand how someone older than 16 years can listen to anything metal.
Because fun things are fun.
>>
Pretty good for me
>>
>>66216182
also here senpai, here's some intellectually superior metal for your intellectually superior taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5lgS8DN48
from this year too
>>
elseq1-5 and The Glowing Man are enough to make it a strong contender for a fantastic year, but we also got:

AMSP
Terminal Redux
Nonagon Infinity
Blackstar
Untitled Unmastered

Among others which also make it great.
>>
>>66216366
2016 has actually been much better than 2015 desu. I have no idea why people are saying this year is terrible.
>>
Weezer released their best album since the blue one a few months ago. It's actually alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ypo2VE6sU
>>
>>66216394
depends, for exemple even if some good stuff has already been released, as of now 2015 was better when it comes to funk. but several releases that I suppose will be great have been announced so idk let's wait and see
>>
This year sucks for rap compared to 2015.
>>
My every year since 2008:

>January: "hey, WXYZ are releasing new stuff this year!"
>February: Discover my favourite album from last year
>March: W and X are disappointing
>April: Something unexpected from this year is really good
>May: Finally finish last year's new music, meanwhile Y is pretty good
>June: Z is really bad, the pile of new stuff to check is getting too big, be disappointed in this year, but "hey, ABC are releasing new stuff later this year"
>Halfway through the year be at 300-400 new releases and no idea why to go on like this if it yields no results, meanwhile last year seems way better
>Summer: Need more sunny music, only get gloomy but good things
>September: A is shit, but B turns out to be pure gold
>October: No longer in control of new music, storm of new Important Things to check disrupts the piling queue of older things
>November: Start catching up with end-of-the-year lists, most of which amount to nothing new and surprising
>December: Be late to realise that C was also good, have a huge queue of music with no end on the horizon and any sense of purpose to this mechanised fulfilling of "I need to hear everything" addiction

This is torture.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.