[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schoolboy Q
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (431 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
file.png
431 KB, 690x460
Will he deliver?
>>
>>66213065
expect his new album to be alright, not great though

leak when?
>>
shout out to detox
>>
i expect it to better than oxymoron.
>>
>>66213209
I hope so since that was 5/10 at best
>>
Schoolboy Q is not good.
>>
>>66213065
He's never made a song as good as Man of the Year, cloud rap classic.
>>
>>66213220
exactly.
>>
I don't get the hype, I listened to one of the big singles and it was generic gangsta rap with a generic beat. Sounds like it could have come off of any nobody's first mixtape. Fantano has been shilling it like crazy though.
>>
>>66213312
>Sounds like it could have come off of any nobody's first mixtape.
oh thats an exegeration. he definitly can rap well and his production and aesthetic can be very dark and grimey. but i agree, he's not that amazing and the hype he is receiving shows the bad state hip hop is in right now. its really gone downhill the last 2 years again in my opinion.
>>
...deliver to the world some more dogshit trap music? definitely.
>>
>>66213552
>Schoolboy Q
>trap

Get out
>>
After disappointing Flatbush Zombies album all my hopes lay in Q.
>>
>>66213581
yeah that Flatbush Zombies album was super disappointing. Idk if there was even one memorable song
>>
that part is a dope song though.

I'm hyped af, oxymoron was good
>>
>>66213737
For me R.I.P.C.D. is the only decent track, with an quite insane Meechy part
Besides that nothing sticked at me
>>
if oxymoron were dropped 20 years ago it would be hailed as a classic. Now it seems a little derivative/outdated. shame really.
>>
>>66213839
>if oxymoron were dropped 20 years ago it would be hailed as a classic.

lol no it wouldn't
>>
>>66213839
You can say this about a lot of albums, not just oxymoron
>>
>>66213393
u wot m8. 2015 was really good after a shitty 2014
>>
>>66214094
>You can say this about a lot of albums
And what are the names of those albums? 20 years ago Reasonable Doubt, ATliens, Chapter 1, Ridin Dirty, Beats rhymes and Life, it was written and the 7 day theory came out.
>>
>>66214427
I'm saying due to the influences already contained in albums today that make use of many themes and concepts from those great albums made in the 90s like Illmatic, Blueprint, etc. they would also be considered "classic" if released during that time

And I'm obviously not talking about pure meme shit like Future or Lil Yachty
>>
>>66214487

this is not true. many hip-hop albums that are considered classics from decades ago still sound ahead of their time in a lot of ways. even if Oxymoron came out in 1994, it would sound like shit compared to Illmatic and 36 Chambers and tons of other shit. it would probably even sound like shit compared even earlier albums like Paid In Full and stuff by Public Enemy.
>>
>>66214719
I'd have to disagree

They are memes here but if something like MBDTF or even Section 80 came out in 1995 it would lauded and praised
>>
>>66214487
I see where you coming from, and it might be true for some albums, but generally speaking I'd say no. Still Brazy is one of the best albums this year (maybe even the best?), but compared to Doggystyle it doesn't come close in any department.

I like modern rap, and there surely are a few albums that could've come out in the 90s and would've been considered great, but overall the 90s were better. The amount of great records that came out in the 90s is just ridiculous.
>>
>>66215216

Now that I can agree with. The 90s will always be hiphop's golden age
>>
>>66213112
So ya'll know, there's more than just "THat Part" out there , listen to Groovy Tony that shit rides and he also put out 2 videos that are amounting to a short film and he has a song from the album in each one.
>>
>>66213737
Seriously. I was actually a little upset. I was expecting something at least on par with BetterOffDead
>>
File: q.jpg (74 KB, 1238x289) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
74 KB, 1238x289
uploading right now
>>
>>66214994
>Section .80 coming out during Reagan's presidency
>>
>>66216438
OH MY!
>>
>>66213737
I like ascended but other than that yeah.
>>
>>66213065
oxymoron was very disappointing, will listen to it with low expectations.
>>
>>66216438
is it done anon?
>>
I thought white people were learning which rap is actually good.

Are you guys gonna discuss G Eazy next? J Cole? LOL

SWPL wiggers are the worst wiggers.
>>
KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFO KENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFOKENDRICK BTFO
>>
>>66217767
i see people like you in every hip hop thread.. please enlighten us crackers on the 'good rap' .. give current examples too, pullin from the past is too easy
>>
>>66218627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d20KPaHcTTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWMw4vE3J8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I92d81O8OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoDRROeGo-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQhbeJfzzw

I'm not enlightening "crackers", I'm a WN. SWPLs are just lame as fuck in every way. Fix it.
>>
>>66214994

whoa whoa hold up, we were talking about Schoolboy Q, not fucking MBDTF.

of course MBDTF would still sound amazing if it came out in the 90s, or even the 2000s.

Kanye gets a lot of hate from a lot of people but ANY real hip-hop fan will tell you that MBDTF is a masterpiece and a landmark in the genre.

but MBDTF is COMPLETELY different than an album like Oxymoron. they are nowhere near the same level. MBDTF is/was hugely influential and (in terms of hip-hop) innovative and just astoundingly unique. I'm not saying it's the greatest ever but I don't think anything else has been able to sound like it, yet. I think as the decade(s) goes on though, it will have a lasting affect purely in terms of production alone.

so in that way, we are talking about two very different things.
>>
>>66216438
upload your fake album anon
>>
>>66215852
Found the TDE intern
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.