[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PIXIES NEW LP "HEAD CARRIER" ANNOUNCED FOR SEPTEMBER 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 2013PixiesEM051213.hero.jpg (107 KB, 955x535) Image search: [Google]
2013PixiesEM051213.hero.jpg
107 KB, 955x535
Here's a single from the new album, Um Chagga Lagga
https://soundcloud.com/pixiesmusic/um-chagga-lagga-1
>>
>>66210841
Eh,
>>
>>66210841
It's going to be shit and that's going to make me sad because I love pixies
>>
>rock music
>2016
when will this meme end?
>>
I can barely hear the bass
>>
>>66210841
Holy fuck that is so bland.

What are they thinking? Why won't they just innovate or die?
>>
>>66210905
When Radiohead breaks up
>>
>>66210841
I can already see it now.
A literal pile of shit
>>
>>66212620
Not a fan?
>>
>>66210841
God this is shit

It's fucking 2016, this garage rock shit has absolutely nothing going for it anymore.
>>
I quite like the song actually. It's got more of the fun frantic feel of classic Pixies than the stuff on Indie Cindy, which was far too bland for my liking. Production is better too. Paz is a great fit.

>>66211834
That's what I thought on first listen, but it is there, it just has a much deeper sound than you expect to hear in the Pixies. Might not come through much on small speakers or earphones though, I don't know.
>>
The main guitar riff sounds like the background music to new commercial for hot summer deals at your local Kia dealer
>>
>releasing all the lyrics to your album before it comes out

http://herfitzpr.com/hpr.com/Pixies_Head_Carrier_Lyrics.html
>>
>>66214331
They're ripping off of Death Grips

Goddamn hacks
>>
>>66213608
pixies aren't garage rock. also, there are a few people doing interesting things in garage rock, thee oh sees or ty segall for example
>>
Pixies without Kim Deal are absolute garbage. They shouldn't have released any new material after Trompe le Monde.
>>
>>66214405

Frank Black writes 99% of the songs, what does Kim Deal have to do with it
>>
>>66214405
this
>>66214421
god tier bassist, and kim deal did write some songs
>>
>>66214453
>some songs

Literally like 3 at most

The Pixies suck now because Frank Black has been a horrible songwriter since the late 90's
>>
>>66214421
Every album with her is great. Yet everything they've released after she left is complete shit. Coincidence?
>>
Here is a meme that is as old as the last time the Pixies released a good album. Holy fuck this is awful.
>>
>>66214405
>>66214453
She's a solid bassist and fit their sound well, but there are plenty of bassists that can cover that. They just have to leave their ego at the door and play what's best for the song.
Her voice was an important part of their sound for sure, but it's wrecked from smoking and drugs now anyway. Paz can't really do Kim's voice, but hers is suitably feminine. Plus she's a better bassist.

As for writing songs, she barely wrote anything aside from Gigantic.

>>66214546
Yes.
>>
>>66214241
Are you trying to sell me a car?

>>66214494
Pretty much this

>>66214553
Lol wow, that's fucking old
What should the Pixies have tried? We're they destined to fail or are they just not trying hard enough? (inb4 breaking up)
>>
I don't care what anyone says, "Indie Cindy" and "Bagboy" are great songs
>>
>>66214956
Breeders stuff has been good, she made the right call not staying on the Hits of '94 train.
>>
It's the best song they've written since Tromp, which is sad.

Joe Santiago is a shit tier guitar player now, his leads sound nervous and loose. No soul whatsoever, crazy to think its the same guy from Doolittle, where he elevated every song.

2/10

Not hype, wont be seeing them live.
>>
>>66214350
and they were ripping off ugly mane
>>
>>66215475

How does one sound "nervous" with guitar?
>>
>>66215487
But I don't know who that is
>>
>>66210841
i'm actually looking forward to this wtf
>>
>>66215552
Not him, but I guess he means that he isn't experimenting at all.
>>
File: 54535.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
54535.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>le indie cindy is bad meme

When will this end? Indie Cindy is fucking solid, not as good as Bossanova (their best album tobehonestofamilia) but still, good. Kim Deal leaving didn't change much, save for her singing in some songs, top tier voice.
>>
>>66215682
i think a lot of people overreacted to it

it's 'ok', but is so much worse than their earlier stuff and quite a bit of frank black's solo stuff too
>>
>>66214546
Also every album with Kim was written 25+ years ago when they were still young and experimenting with drugs. Now they're old and fat and boring. I do think Kim added a tension that pushed Charles to write better stuff. She wouldn't just take his bullshit like Dave and Joey. Too bad she got hooked on pop music and heroin, she was pretty qt back in the day.
>>
Well, that was dull. Not even a huge fan of Pixies in their prime though so whatever, I expected as much.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.