[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It blows my mind that this came out in 1968.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
It blows my mind that this came out in 1968.
>>
Why?
>>
10/10
>>
The 1st one in 67 is really mindblowing
>>
that's because you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know anything
>>
>>66209215
it should
>>
Waldo Jeffers had reached his limit
>>
check out the monks
>>
what's your favorite track off this album, /mu/?
it might be cliché, but personally it is Sister Ray
>>
>>66209366
Cause use of feedback laden punk music was so common by them. TVU were so behind the times it's unbelievable man.
>>
>>66211124
Wait, wasn't Waldo a cuck?
>>
>>66211544
Lou wrote that song in a letter he wrote to his college girlfriend at the time. When they were away for the summer he would write to her and tell her how he was and then write a short story. So i suppose you could say lou was a cuck
>>
>>66211146
Monks are great but they sound nothing like this.
>>
File: black monk time.jpg (61 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
black monk time.jpg
61 KB, 319x319
>>
>>66211220
I Heard Her Call My Name > Sister Ray
>>
>>66214834
I Heard Her Call My Name is the most intense, insane song I've ever heard.
"And then my mind split open..."
I'm gonna go listen to WLWH again
>>
electric ladyland, soft machine two and strictly personal should blow your entire body then
>>
>>66214872
ikr
It's like Reed effortlessly plays the entire 60's in one solo.
>>
>>66209215
Not tryna troll, but can anyone tell me what this album did that deserves the ahead of its time label?

Punky stuff was already The Sonics, The Monks, and My Generation era The Who which was all before this album.

Jimi Hendrix did the feedback thing first, plus a lot of other 1967 psych bands did feedback stuff.

Yeah the TVU were revolutionary by taking Indian Classical Music drone and putting it into the Rock music context basically inventing shoegaze, noise rock, and post-rock while taking textural based ideas in music to the next level. While that's huge considering how centered around textured music is today, they already did that with TVU&N
>>
>>66214912
SP is shit man
The bonus tracks on SAM are the real deal
>>
>>66214918
Yeah but White Light White Heat is more intense and atonal and willfully ugly than any of those bands you listed.
>>
>>66214968
It was loud, but for sure wasn't as intense as Monks though. Punk wasn't just sheer distortion, it was having a visceral feel which Monks/Sonics/even The Who delivered more of despite not being as noisy. As for the intense atonal feel, free jazz around that time was killing it, and is also a bigger player in atonality than WLWH with everything from TMR to krautrock to no wave being influenced by it.
>>
>>66214918
Nobody had ever talked about sucking on ding-dongs before
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6sUoG_5IsM
>>
>>66215948
my bad i guess its 65

still pretty fucking heavy.
>>
>>66214968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuy50fXOzVk

this is some pretty ugly shit.
leave it to armand to be talking shit on hippies in fucking 1965
>>
>>66214872
apperently sterling (the other guitar player) quit the band for a few days after hearing the guitar solo in that song. pretty funny to think that your own band is so far ahead of the curve that even YOU don't get it yet.
>>
>>66215849
This is intended as a joke but they were pretty daring lyricists for their time. They didn't have a lot of contemporaries singing songs about sex, drugs and transexuals having failed lobotomies with the same sort of grittiness and abandon they were.
>>
>>66211220
That organ is electrifying. Every minute is a treat.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.