[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Niggas on the Moon is the best Death Grips album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Niggas_on_the_Moon.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Niggas_on_the_Moon.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
this is their best album. thoughts?
>>
you won't find many on here who will disagree except some will say government plates
>>
>>66200654
how do you feel?
>>
>>66200624
You are correct
>>
>>66200654
Government Plates is actually their best tho
>>
>>66200660
It has their most interesting production and rides lyrics are top notch, plus I'm pretty sure zach was using electric drums with different bjork samples which is awesome
>>
>>66200730
Did Andy have no hand in NOTM at all?
>>
>>66200752
no idea but probably production engineer and synths n stuff
>>
>>66200624
I like it, but I never got why it was so praised
>>
I can't choose between JD and this. The Powers That B is 10/10 as a whole imo
>>
>>66200729
Agreed.
>>
>>66200836
for sure.
>>
>>66200812
I love how they use the icelandic queen and it's their most depressing release for me
>>
>>66200812
introspective Ride is best Ride
>>
>>66200812
the production is extremely unique and the lyricism is unbelievable. and they managed to pull it off while making the music enjoyable to listen to.
>>
>>66200624
My thoughts is that I agree
>>
>>66200929
sweet. i honestly thought this would be more controversial but im glad most of us are in agreement.
>>
>>66200871
I like the Bjork samples, but I don't know if I'd call it their most depressing, Jenny Death maybe

>>66200905
One of the things I love about Death Grips is how fucking angry Ride can get, he's not bad in introspective moments, but if I wanted that I'd listen to Radiohead or something of the sort

>>66200927
It is interesting and unique to be sure, I just find that most of their other albums had stronger songwriting overall
>>
>>66201024
it's definitely subjective so it just boils down to personal preference. personally, i think NOTM has the strongest songwriting of any DG album. its just a matter of opinion.
>>
I wonder if NOTM will ever get critical recognition. It was met with meddling reviews but most invested fans seem to recognize it as something special. I could see 15 years from now people looking back on their discography and realizing NOTM was something truly unique.

The pitchfork review for it is one of the worst reviews I have ever read, and I'm not saying that because I disagree with the assigned score it got, it was just abysmally written.
>>
>>66201024
I like it precisely because it's such a sharp turn from the angry overarching themes on their other albums

It's like a nice breath of fresh air sonically
>>
>>66200752
I think he fucked with Zach's triggers he layed. Zach is amazing but there is no way all of that was created with a only a v-drum
>>
File: 1449895194892.jpg (39 KB, 358x359) Image search: [Google]
1449895194892.jpg
39 KB, 358x359
>>66201057
Pitchfork as a whole i've found to be generally reliable but fuck if there's not some impressive outliers of retardery

that's one of the big ones

I think The Fragile by Nine inch nails has like a 3
>>
>>66201057
i couldn't agree more. the lukewarm response is so shocking to me because i personally think it is far and away the most exciting and interesting DG release. I'm just sitting here like" How don't you guys realize this??" but it seems a lot of people here feel the same way.
>>
>>66201116
The Fragile has a 2.0 I believe
>>
NOTM will be Death Grips's Kid A
>>
>>66201057
just read it and they spend over half the time talking about everything but the album, no wonder I never bother with that site
>>
NoTM is a cool project but doesn't have the immensity, production, or variety of some of their better shit. I sort of treat the album as a really long song.

Best: NLDW
ExM
BP
TMS
NoTM
GP
Worst: JD
>>
Anyone know of artists/albums similar to notm lyrically or sonically? Specifically lyrically, I love the way the lyrics are strange but can be deciphered into introspective or metaphorical statements.
>>
>>66201340
I've haven't heard anything close sound wise
>>
>>66201340
i wish, my man. thats what makes it so unique.
>>
>>66201340
I always compare Mars Volta's lyrics to NotM lyrics and I fucking love it. Sonically and instrumentally, i don't man, I really want to say It will take so long to ever find anything like it and that's it's one of the most unique sounds ever, but I know that's pretty bold and a little closed-minded to say.

So no, sorry.
>>
>>66200752
andy here, i was the mastermind of the whole thing
>>
>>66200624
Well shit, I didn't know they renamed Government Plates.
>>
>>66204107
Zach here, thanks man
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.