[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a better album to just sit, carefree, jamming to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 500x498
Has there ever been a better album to just sit, carefree, jamming to?
>>
>>66197909
Europe 72 is usually my Dead album of choice.
>>
>>66198011
Sure, Europe 72 is great. One of the greatest of all time and certainly better from a musical standpoint than Blues for Allah. That said, Blues for Allah is much more cohesive as an album and gives you 45 seamless minutes that somehow never get old.

Well, ok, the last track goes on a bit long at the beginning. So it has one flaw.
>>
Dick's Picks 12.
>>
skull and roses? Wake of the flood? virtually any show from 72-74
>>
>>66198078
I won't argue with you. Blues for Allah is definitely great. Workingman's Dead is another good one, though it doesn't have that same same seamlessness that I think you mean.
>>
>>66198152
>Wake the Flood

Are you even trying? That is one of the weakest Dead albums. Skull and Roses is my personal favorite but there are large stretches that don't quite fit with the rest.
>>
File: 69333-71-300x300.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
69333-71-300x300.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>66198224
>Wake of the flood
>Weak

Get a load of this guy. What you ain't got no love for row jimmy, here comes sunshine, weather report suite, and eyes of the world? Yeah the live versions are better, but Wake of the flood is a a descent spin.
>>
>>66198678
It isn't terrible, it is just weak by (early) Dead standards. Obviously it is better than the 80's albums but it is tied with From the Mars Hotel for last place of the albums released before 1980. Also, at least rep the right songs. Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo is the best song on that album.
>>
Best Dead related album was Garcia's first solo album by far.

Also, why haven't more bands taken the jam approach to their live shows. Imagine post-rock, shoegaze, electronic, ambient, experimental, or art rock artists taking more of that approach in terms of ever changing setlists and improvisation.
>>
>>66200230
Most don't have the talent to pull it off.
>>
>>66200230
Some art rock and post-punk bands jammed live. I'd imagine some things like shoegaze would be extremely complicated to improvise just from a technical standpoint.
>>
>>66200230
I would love to see more artists start to transition between songs too.
>>
>>66200419
The problem with transitions is that those end up being composed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.