[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brian Eno
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Another_Green_World.jpg (33 KB, 494x483) Image search: [Google]
Another_Green_World.jpg
33 KB, 494x483
Just listening to this for the first time.
I only regret not listening to this sooner in my life.

Do I just go through Eno's discog now?

eno gen
>>
>>66197573
Taking tiger is better
>>
I liked his pop stuff more than his ambient stuff
>>
>>66197573
the second half of before and after science
>>
File: R-116416-1370369208-1446.jpeg.jpg (125 KB, 595x585) Image search: [Google]
R-116416-1370369208-1446.jpeg.jpg
125 KB, 595x585
listen to Remain in Light by Talking Heads next. it's the only other album that gives me the same kind of soundfeel that Another Green World gives me
>all songs written by David Bryne, Brian Eno, and Talking Heads
>>
Low by bowie is the most similar imo but also check out "here come the warm Jets"
>>
>>66197841
>>66198124
are those more like the earlier stuff or more like Music for Airports or Thursday Afternoon?

When he said he was making music not to be directly focused on he kinda hit the nail. The ebb and flow of the tracks works great at pulling my attention right back just when it seemed to have faded into the background. It's like a soundtrack for thinking.

Also Music for Airports is too lovely for that studying music meme
>>
File: Brian_Eno_-_TopPop_1974_12.png (117 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Eno_-_TopPop_1974_12.png
117 KB, 500x503
Thank this beautiful man for teaching me that I didn't need to blast the volume at all times
>>
>>66197573
Before and After Science is probably what you'd most like if enjoyed AGW. Here Come the Warm Jets as well.
>>
Before and After Science is great
>>
If you want to explore his ambient stuff, start with Music for Airports, Discrete Music, and Ambient 4
>>
Currently listening to Taking Tigers.

It's like moving through some drunk circus
>>
the very definition of pretentious hipster music, no substance and extremely simple from a theory standpoint. waste of time.

brian eno was the james ferraro of his time
>>
>>66199990
lel nerb
>>
>>66197573
Just listen to By This River from Before and After Science. Hands down his best song.
And in general Before and After Science is pretty great, especially the second half.
>>
>>66199990
(You)
>>
>>66200354
Wow what a great track
>>
>>66198570

Agreed. Music for Airports is painting music, sleepover and can't sleep music, bedtime smoke music, etc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.