[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never play in a mediocre band in high school and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 5e3[1].jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
5e3[1].jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>you will never play in a mediocre band in high school and become somewhat popular

why even live bros?
>>
File: y4FhsvB.jpg (141 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
y4FhsvB.jpg
141 KB, 1440x1440
>why even live bros?
>>
I was kicked out of my high school band ama
>>
>>66194734
was it lack of skill and what did you play
>>
File: 1467689311826.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1467689311826.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
>>66194315
>>
>>66194763
they kicked me out because they wanted someone who could commit to the band 24/7 (i had just found a job)
i played the bass
>>
>tfw my high school band just released our first single and are currently working on our 15 minute magnum opus, then I will commit sudoku, securing our band's legacy

feels good man
>>
>>66195443
>sudoku
You do realize that's a game, right?
>>
>>66194315
Shut your different whore mouth (which you get from your mother)
>>
File: paul rudd on a computer.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
paul rudd on a computer.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
I played in a shitty band in high school but we were better than many of the other shitty bands
>>
File: 4L_N3PKquIW.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
4L_N3PKquIW.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>66194259
>be me
>unpopular but nobody disliked me. Have 3-4 good friends
>"form" shitty pop punk band with best friend and the super popular football player who could drum
>word builds up around school that popular football player kid is in a band with two nerds
>people constantly asking us about it. "Are you gonna record anything?" "Are you gonna play anywher?" etc...
>practice twice
>say fuck the whole idea
>feels bad my dudes
>>
>tfw formed 2 unsuccessful bands in high school.
>junior year, start getting into noise and playing the piano
>slave entire days away at getting new material recorded, sampled, mixed, mastered
>end up with over 3 hours of material
>looking to start a record label (I'm going into college to study marketing and digital design(

Just turned 18 and have one year of high school left
Any recommendations for future plans?
>>
>>66196584
Read "How Music Works" by David Byrne

Keep practicing playing and producing music as much as possible
>>
>>66194259
>jr in hs
>kinda lonely kid no really close friends
>had guitar for 2mo and learned creep, wonder wall, etc
>put "guitar" or something like that in my facebook likes
>get message from some classmate asking if I want to play bass in their pop-punk band
>say I'm not very good and just started
>tell me bass is easy and invite me over to rehearse later anyway cause they're desperate
>fuck it this will be fun, I like playing guitar
>head over to the rehearsal place and they go over a couple of their songs trying to teach me
>had no idea what I as doing and was nervous as fuck
>fucking up all over the place
>we eventually just jam for a little bit and I'm doing better at that
>"suddenly" remember I have to go somewhere (but I really did)
>Say I had fun and leave super awkwardly
>never hear from those guys ever again

I even had a class with 1 dude that yr and a class with other 2 the next lol.
>>
>>66195476
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>66194259
Just keep at it retard. I wasn't in a mediocre band that was somewhat popular until I was in my mid 20's.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.