[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7z xAI3GW2o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: cc.jpg (520 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
520 KB, 2048x1536
Hello there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7zxAI3GW2o
>>
File: alice75.jpg (128 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
alice75.jpg
128 KB, 750x750
delete this

no alice, no buy
>>
I don't hear the difference between Alice and this new girl, still boring as fuck
>>
meh
>>
>>66191909
Sounds great it's like Alice never left the band which shows how little she actually brought to the table.
>>
>>66191968
this
>>
Its pretty insane that they're trying to move on with an Alice inpersinator in every sense, like they're trying to trick casual fans that nothing has changed.

I love the first three albums so much, but I cant get behind this at all
>>
>>66191968
Yep. CC is no more.
>>
>>66192220
Why would they change a formula that worked so far?
>>
>>66192268
Its pretty disrespectful to just replace the front women of a band with just a shallow copy of the original, trying to pass it off as the real deal.

Have some artistic merit and try something else. Doesn't matter what you call it, but its not really Crystal Castles if the face of the band is gone.
>>
>>66192927
but the guy who actually makes the music is still there. I don't think it matters who is the singer in a band like Crystal Castles, the voice is so distorted and buried under the music that almost anyone could do that I guess.
>>
>>66193503
yeah but still it's a dick move to still call this crystal castles
could have just said this is my new project under X name. this is a fuck you to alice basically
>>
>artist is from Canada
>can't watch the video in Canada

wtf is this?
>>
>>66193531
yeah, you are right I guess
>>
It isn't bad, I guess
>>
Am I the only one who thinks (III) > (II) >> s/t ?
>>
File: Crystal+Castles+alice+glass.jpg (55 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Crystal+Castles+alice+glass.jpg
55 KB, 400x600
>>66193667
2>3=1
>>
>>66193531
The person who writes the vast majority of the material has every right to keep the same band name because without them the band doesn't exist. Alice Glass was always replaceable
>>
>>66193667
100% this
>>
>>66193718
Eh I believe Alice actually contributed quite a lot, melodies and lyrical content
>>
>>66193764
she literally didnt do anything
>>
I'm liking this track. That said, getting someone new as the vocalist but keeping the exact same vocal style and "attitude" really unveils the gimmickiness of CC. At least before you could partially attribute Alice's semi-craziness to her actual personality and not just a selling point for their music. Getting a new chick to do the exact same type of vocals and look drugged out of her mind in videos just seems incredibly superficial. Surely she has her own profitable quirks and doesn't need to use Alice's.
>>
This is 100% a fuck you to Alice.

Remember when the internet figured out the secret act at Lollapalooza was Ethan under the new name 'Kausea' and when it was revealed no one cared?

Maybe he had the intention to form a new group, but the combination of Alice making suggestive posts about abuse and the fact no one cared about his new act made him keep the name.
>>
Got damn this is hypé as fuck

Ethan has always been a genius
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.