[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - Bash the Basho edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109
File: 1438722284615.png (3 MB, 2496x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438722284615.png
3 MB, 2496x1200
It's time to """troll"""

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, have a high quality kek at Jangle's Thrift Tourney and trole skillz, just let the good times flow.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

http://topsters.net/
>strugglin' but tryin' to get back on track

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>play music with the boys but without neat filters and emotes

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>play music with the boys but without dancing avatars and playlists

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're a normie.

Most importantly, I haven't even heard any Basho.

Previously on /daily/: >>66165851
>>
File: daily3.png (2 MB, 1680x1372) Image search: [Google]
daily3.png
2 MB, 1680x1372
Robbie Basho - Visions of the Country (1st impressions)
This album is really beautiful. While Fahey’s style of primitivism seems evolved from early folk and blues, Basho seems just as rooted in country and bluegrass. The vocals fit very well with the musical invocations of rolling green hills and hay bales, and the delivery is almost aesthetically similar to yodelling. The styles are pretty varied throughout this album, ranging from upbeat fingerpicking backed with fiddle to sprawling piano pieces, all seemingly fitting the narrative of the album.
Recommended for fans of Fahey, bluegrass, early american folk, Neil Young and Johnny Cash.

>>66188053
I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for these >>66187232 >>66187252 >>66187262 meddling kids!!!

Watch out fuckers, next troll will be much less predictable.
>>
Hey guys I'm sharing a chart with
Can you post that chart
>>
File: Four A Day July 2016.png (3 MB, 1751x1219) Image search: [Google]
Four A Day July 2016.png
3 MB, 1751x1219
Okay I'll give some short thoughts then.

>Meat Puppets II
One hell of an album. From the name "Meat Puppets" I was expecting an early gringcore/hardcore punk album. Instead what I got is one of the most unique punk albums ever. Reminds me of Violent Femmes but with more thought-out and emotional instrumentals. No way I'd rec this to a large amount of people, since I can't see /daily/ really liking this at all, but this is my SHIT DUDES.

>แห่สดดนตรีพื้นบ้านหนองโก ชุดที่ 8 + 9
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH. I still have a hard time believing this was really an hour long. Shit absolutely SLAPS. Pretty much just an hour long solo, but one of the most unique things I've ever heard. Thanks /daily/!

>Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Something I love about this subgenre of metal is that it seems to have a lot of pop sensibilities, though I doubt it would ever admit it. The harsh vocals, intense instrumentation, the dark, brooding atmosphere...all that's a bunch of BULLSHIT. This is just a collection of great melodies straight out of a good shoegaze/dream pop album put in a fantasy world. Realreal nice.

>Criminal Minded
Wish I could say I love this, but I can't in good faith do so. I have a weaker soft-spot for this style of boom bap that I don't think I'll ever be cured from, but this shit just feels dated, despite all the fantastic scratchwork, lyrics, and flows. Samples of songs like "Back in Black" originally made me roll my eyes, but I now think work pretty well in context here. Not something I could see myself coming back to, but the energy here is tangible.

>In C
I don't think I'm smart enough to really grasp what's going on here (or what exactly makes this "indeterminacy"), however, I do know that I really enjoyed what I heard. Of course it's a bit repetitive, but I really enjoyed being hypnotized by this. In some fashion it reminded me a bit of E2-E4, which I also love.
>>
File: me.png (809 KB, 810x840) Image search: [Google]
me.png
809 KB, 810x840
>>66188309
>Personal Best
Another damn good punk album, though a bit more traditional. The passionate LGBT undertones give this a real genuine passionate feeling behind it without feeling too blatant. A couple tracks could've used some more energy, but overall a good album from a genre I'm usually not a fan of.

>Drums of Death
"Nice drums"
Enjoyed the hell out of this in parts, but when each song (with a few exceptions) is really just a few second loop for a few minutes, it gets old fast.

>We Are Time
Really uneventful and the most boring thing I've heard from these guys, but I can't hate this. They show a lot of their chops and wide range of influences here, but none of it really contributes to better songwriting that was seen on their other albums. (I am very proud to be the only dude who likes Citizen Zombie btw)

>天空の城ラピュタ
Should probably stop rating New Age/Modern Classical film scores. Never seem to enjoy them. While there are a lot of very enjoyable choral moments here, nothing really worth me reccing it to anyone ever. The movie's bready good tho.
>>
>>66188309
How do I go about downloading this?
>>
File: prank.png (234 KB, 241x248) Image search: [Google]
prank.png
234 KB, 241x248
>>66188232
>his troll review is more accurate than the real one
>>
File: 1454673.gif (15 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1454673.gif
15 KB, 330x330
Reposting:

>AyкцЫoн - Кaк Я Cтaл Пpeдaтeлeм

Loved how they managed to combine the art rock with the art pop and it's a pretty fun album to listen to. Enjoyed the experimentations they did in some tracks, the problem is that if we take them off, only very few noticeable things remains.

6/10
>>
>>66188309
Man you guys are hyping me up hard for that molam album. Gotta give it a listen soon.
>>
>>66188404
You don't even like music what do you know

>>66188398
I think I searched slsk for the anglicized version of the artists' name and got some hits
>>
File: what.png (3 KB, 231x231) Image search: [Google]
what.png
3 KB, 231x231
>>66188477
idk lol
>>
>>66188309
>what exactly makes this "indeterminacy"
In C is a composition of 53 musical phrases of several lengths, and the players can choose for themselves which phrases they play and when they play them. It's not fully indeterminate since that would require there to be no real determined composition at all, but the fact that the players have the freedom to choose what they play and when they play it makes it somewhat indeterminate and makes every performance of the piece different (especially since there is no set amount of players or a certain selection for instruments that can be used).
>>
>>66188309
Dude Meat Puppets II is such a solid album. It doesn't floor me or anything, but it's just so obviously so good.

New /daily/core when

>>66188507
lol
>>
>>66188309
Oh, as an example of how much variation is allowed for In C, here's Acid Mothers Temple's take on the composition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0ml4yp-Rs

Not necessarily a huge fan of this one, but it goes to show how different each performance can be.
>>
This pic is definitely going in the pig folder.
>>
>>66188515
>It's not fully indeterminate
it's not like any music is
>>
>>66188737
Elaborate
>>
>>66188757
in any case except of quantum stuff indeterminacy is a slider that can only go so far left, i dont feel like elaborating more desu
In C isn't indeterminate but that doesn't matter, what matter is that it's (part of a musical style called) indeterminacy
>>
btw Initial D is awesome so far

>>66188547
Yeah I loved it (gotta check out some more Cowpunk dawg) but yeah

8+9 should be /daily/core imo. Allegedly hampus hates it, so it has even more merit to be so.

>>66188515
Makes sense. Thanks man.

>>66188563
Woah.

I don't love everything these guys do, but you gotta admire their variation.
>>
In C isn't indeterminacy since it's composed
>>
>>66188899
i'd be down with 8+9 being mu-core. shit's killer.
>>
>>66188935
indeterminacy is a technique used by composers in their compositions, wtf are you on about?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467747449289.jpg (9 KB, 335x334) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467747449289.jpg
9 KB, 335x334
Real meme hours, do you like my meme?

> Hoль - Пecня o бeзoтвeтнoй любви к Poдинe

The general idea is quite cool and interesting, too bad it gets pretty boring soon. If you don't know Russian you probably will enjoy it even less.

6/10
>>
>>66189084
Buddy, I hate to tell you this, but maybe your chocolate milk sucks.
>>
>>66189173
I bet this cuck puts the powder in after the milk.
>>
>>66189235
>making chocolate milk out of powder
HA
HA
HA
>>
>>66188984
It provides, anyway, a process into which the composer isn't responsible for the choices applied. Riley was completely aware of what he was writing.
>>
>>66189260
nothing wrong with good cocoa pleb
>>
>>66188268
I don't have it either
just wait for Rudi I guess
>>
>>66189266
Are you having a stroke? You're wrong. The indeterminism comes in play when you're performing, not necessarily only when composing.
>>
>>66188878
>is a slider that can only go so far left, i dont feel like elaborating more desu
No more elaboration needed actually. That makes sense. You might be getting hung up on semantics though. I'd reckon when someone here is talking about 'indeterminate' music, they're referring to something composed utilizing 'indeterminacy'.
>>
>>66189355
>I'd reckon when someone here is talking about 'indeterminate' music, they're referring to something composed utilizing 'indeterminacy'.

Cage used I-Ching when composing, so did many of his pupils. And then performed and expressed that indeterminacy.
>>
>>66189508
Cool
>>
File: timgoldsworthy.jpg (13 KB, 312x210) Image search: [Google]
timgoldsworthy.jpg
13 KB, 312x210
>leave
>Everyone starts having wrong opinions
Oh boy
>>
>>66189694
Stay gone.
>>
File: daily.png (126 KB, 630x555) Image search: [Google]
daily.png
126 KB, 630x555
>>66189436
>You might be getting hung up on semantics though.
>>
>>66189734
Veteran call, nyar
>>
>>66189716
Never, once i get my mobile data i'm coming back revamped. Also Ruggles did you get me a partner for your tourney?
>>
>>66189805
not yet
i havent assigned any people partners who dont have partners
also there are 5 more spaces so
>>
>>66189865
Well of you happen to find me a partner tell him that he is doing the romantic thing. Here's my rec
>>
File: owl7.gif (2 MB, 245x240) Image search: [Google]
owl7.gif
2 MB, 245x240
>>66189765
I gotta have something to show for nearly 2 years here
>>
File: neuchart.png (990 KB, 1100x809) Image search: [Google]
neuchart.png
990 KB, 1100x809
Music and film are terrible
>>
>>66190355
Finally someone besides me that thinks that NEU! sucks, thanks god.
>>
>>66190389
I don't know if this is a meme, but if it is, good meme.
>>
File: month1.png (3 MB, 1780x1800) Image search: [Google]
month1.png
3 MB, 1780x1800
>Lux Occulta - Kołysanki
Trip-hop combined with polish folk music, black metal and jazz, interspersed with French Spoken Word samples. And its excellent. Dark, brooding atmosphere and trip-hop with a definite edge. I really like this.
>>
>>66190389
haha good meme
>>
File: guts falling out.png (229 KB, 253x231) Image search: [Google]
guts falling out.png
229 KB, 253x231
>>66190355
>doesn't like Dreyer
>>
File: 1462925617424.jpg (210 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1462925617424.jpg
210 KB, 1300x1300
>>66190389
Good meme
>>
>>66190509
this calendar is giving me nostalgia

>>66190581
I really really liked how the movie was shot, but the pace made it not terribly enjoying to see
>>
>>66190722
I'll have to tell you that it is his fastest film.
>>
>>66190758
I don't doubt it, and I have no problem with slow pace in film, but I thought that for this movie it didn't get executed correctly
>>
>>66190790
>but I thought that for this movie it didn't get executed correctly
>being objectively wrong
>>
>>66190406
>>66190540
>>66190583
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into it :)
>>
File: 25-in which i really go for it!.jpg (2 MB, 3324x1244) Image search: [Google]
25-in which i really go for it!.jpg
2 MB, 3324x1244
update:

Nails put out a really great record, making them the most interesting grindcore act today (unless the insect warfare reunion comes through, in which case fuck 'em)

Ambarchi, O'Malley, and Dunn put out a good record that would make Ligeti proud. his piece "Artikulation" was obviously a massive influence here. recommended to anyone who likes that piece.

Erik Satie was great. i've always enjoyed the music Yann Tiersen did for the film Amelie, and I suspect great inspiration was drawn from Satie. very calming and gorgeous.
>>
>>66190722
Yeah. I've been browsing /mu/ for like 3+ years and still feel extremely entry level in a lot of ways. One day I'll feel confident in my music taste.
>>
>>66191076
I was more talking about the format of the calendar. All the old calendars used to look like yours, then it all went into freeform.
And don't worry about taste, I've been daily's admitted plen since almost day one
>>
File: 1679019.jpg (27 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
1679019.jpg
27 KB, 298x298
>Kante - Zombi

Why is this boring shit even tagged as post-rock on rym? It's also considered one of the best German releases for the genre, bah...

3/10
>>
>>66188329
>The passionate LGBT undertones give this a real genuine passionate feeling behind it without feeling too blatant
yer goddamned right
>>
>>66190722
u give me nostalgia for daily
why do u not come here that often anymore
>>
limp dick
>>
>>66190509
Will ou give V:D:C a 10?
>>
>>66190581
don't worry, he'll change his mind after your post
heh...
>>
>>66192519
hoh...
>>
File: innocente-charcoal-beer.jpg (20 KB, 268x435) Image search: [Google]
innocente-charcoal-beer.jpg
20 KB, 268x435
Thought it would be funny to fill this ded air with beer reviews.
Got 3 to try tonight.

Innocente Charcoal Porter
Waterloo, ON, Canada
500ml bottle
5.1% ABV
IBU: 21

A surprisingly light yet flavourful charcoal porter. Definite hints of charcoal and cocoa beans as well as a tad bit of coffee aftertaste. Not very thick or dark for a porter yet still pretty flavourful and definitely enjoyable. This isn't quite the 'dessert' I was hoping for, and more of a 'main course' style beer that would lend itself to drinking many in a night. Quite good.
7.5/10
>>
File: lists chart.png (3 MB, 1680x1800) Image search: [Google]
lists chart.png
3 MB, 1680x1800
I think I retained like maybe half the original albums on this chart? Whatever.

Hair Police - Mercurial Rites (2013)
>noise, industrial

It starts of pretty cool, I like the textures on the first track and ocassionally the textures on later tracks sound pretty cool, but this is just bland, flat noise that sounds like the shit I'd hear in a basement show by an angsty teenager addicted to Whitehouse (projecting, ladies and gentlemen). It's just not an interesting album, and any time something new happens, like the screaming, it's just executed very poorly.

0.5+

Kim Fowley - Outrageous (1968)
>psychedelic rock, spoken word

Yeah, that titles correct, I've always known Fowley as being one of the most outrageous figures in pop music. I knew that he was a good songwriter and producer (he produced The Quick's Mondo Deco, he wrote "Nude Beach a Go-Go on Ariel Pink's Pom Pom, which is a really infectious track, and he contributed to Zappa's Freak Out), but I never knew he actually released album's of his own, and I mean, he's alright on his own. Definitely sounds a lot like a lost Zappa album, with Fowley ranting and raving over some decent garagey psych instrumentation. The vocals and the spoken word is the highlight here, the backing band is just playing some very tepid, but fitting, psych. A spotty but pretty good album.

Black to Comm - Alphabet 1968 (2009)
>ambient, drone

Modern day ambient/drone is oversaturated as all hell, but this is done pretty damn well. Sometimes it gets very airy and phonily "epic", kinda like its a part of a film score but without the very crucial film, but when it gets more active and weird I like it a lot. "Musik Für Alle" is a wonderful track, as is "Void", which sounds like a creepy spaceship taking off into the void, fittingly enough. The rest is pleasant enough, but I could do without it.

2.5-

one more! and i may have some pretty shocking opinions about it!
>>
File: neuchart.png (1 MB, 1400x809) Image search: [Google]
neuchart.png
1 MB, 1400x809
A story of war told as a story of love. Was very very surprised with this movie.

>>66192093
I had exams and now I'm out of the house almost all of the time. I'll post more in the coming months though.
>>
File: lists chart.png (3 MB, 1680x1800) Image search: [Google]
lists chart.png
3 MB, 1680x1800
H O T O N I O N S A L E R T

Grouper - Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill (2008)
>psychedelic folk, ambient

Taken as an ambient album, it's pleasant enough but not remarkable at all. It's dreamy, Harris has a very pretty voice, and the lo-fi production suits it well. But it's not an ambient album, it's a psych/indie folk album with lo-fi, dreamy production. Taken that way, it's terrible. I hate to use the word "boring" to describe an album, but dear LORD this is a boring listen, at least actively. I'd listen to it while sleeping, sure, and even if I take individual tracks from this album and listen to them separately they're /okay/ (just barely, mind you), but all of these tracks sound exactly the same, they use the same chord progressions, they have the same dreamy vocals, they have the same production. Put all the tracks together as an album? You get some of the most boring 45 minutes I've ever sat through in my entire life.

0.5+

well fuck this was an underwhelming chart
>>
>>66194517
Bad chart, or bad taste?

Seven swans and Monoton deserved better scores at least
>>
>>66194517

triggered
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 242x209
I'm hungry for some 2016 noise rock. someone give me a rec
>>
>>66194624
Both.
>>
File: when the music is good.gif (2 MB, 350x195) Image search: [Google]
when the music is good.gif
2 MB, 350x195
What are you listening to tonight, /boys/?

>>66194709

O'Rourke, Ambarchi, Haino - I Wonder If You Noticed "I'm Sorry" Is Such a Lovely Sound It Keeps Things From Getting Worse

>inb4 "No, I don't want that."
>>
>>66194770
A new Keiji Haino, Jim O'Rourke, and Oren Ambarch joint?

I'm pretty down for that

thanks
>>
>>66194770
Also to answer your question: I'm listening to the New Jason Crumer album.

This shit is intense
>>
File: riptide.jpg (86 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
riptide.jpg
86 KB, 467x700
Forked River Riptide Rye Pale Ale
London, ON, Canada
500ml bottle
5.7% ABV

Very smooth bitter beer with a strong scent and taste of rye malt. Hops are definitely tasted but subdued and mixed in well to compliment the rest of the flavours. Aftertaste is sharp, like a cured cheese. Despite being mixed well, I find the rye taste to be a little offputting with the other flavours, making this just an alright beer.

6/10, would eat a homemade hamburger with.
>>
(quietly moves You Are My Everlovin' to a 4.5 on RYM)
>>
What's this about a skype group?
>>
Yo is topsters2 shitting the bed for anyone else? Seems like it loads about as often as it doesn't and when it does, the search function doesn't work.
Who the fuck has a vested interest in destroying music charts? The Emperor of Shit Taste?
>>
RUDI GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER
>>
>>66196164

>The Emperor of Shit Taste

I think you would know if that were the case.
>>
S M A S H T H A T H E L P B U T T
ON
>>
File: crip.jpg (31 KB, 540x381) Image search: [Google]
crip.jpg
31 KB, 540x381
>>66196718
F O R G O T T H E P I C
>>
>>66196740
Quality advice.
>>
>>66189694
>implying they were ever right
>>66190389
Haha lovely meme
>>66194253
>For Lovers
>5
>>66195645
Unless it was originally a 5, good move.
>>66196740
Classic
>>
>>66196740
Normies don't even get depressed unless their dog dies or sum shit
>>
>>66196878
It was a 4, this was an increase

>>66196516
Wow dude, sick home run from that softball lob. I can already hear your parents cheering from the crowd.

>>66196390
PENALIZE
TEAM
TRASH

ORANGE IGUANAS FOREVER
>>
>>66196390
Replace him with me
I will be a good boy :^)
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 81x239) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 81x239
Trafalgar Americal Pale Ale
Oakville, ON, Canada
500ml
5.0% ABV

Yo, this beer fucking sucks. Every sip tastes worse than the last, and it smells like sweaty socks. There's a real chance this could be skunky, as I can taste no accents except trash. Though it doesn't taste skunky; it just tastes shitty. I really hope this wasn't what they were aiming for, as I see no practical application for this beer. I just took another sip. It still fucking sucks.
I would literally prefer a Bud Light. I am begrudgingly finishing this because I paid $4.50 for this bottle.
2.0/10

(worse than Giles Corey)
>>
>>66197079
Okay good
>>66197316
Kek are you just rating alcohol now
>>
>>66197079
Orange Iguanas belong in the Trash.
>>
>>66194517
I remember really enjoying Dragging A Deer, but after this review I'll just have to relisten to see if it still stands
>>
>>66197370
It's a nice album, and it will win you qt's

Nat is just a grumpy lil baby
>>
File: oinky_pigger.jpg (57 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
oinky_pigger.jpg
57 KB, 672x372
>>66197351
You fucking dumb piece of shit, you think naming your team "trash" makes you exempt from criticism? You think putting your name as "some dumb cunt" makes you impartial to being called a piece of shit? Your team is the fucking scum of 4chan, collected into the scum of /mu/ then left to rot in the sun until we're left with the putrid trash of /daily/. That's team trash, and it's aptly named.
That's your fucking team, you dumb fucking cunt.
>>
>>66197446
i didn't have my nap or get my bottle today >:^(
>>
File: pig.gif (610 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pig.gif
610 KB, 300x300
>>66197519
You fucking pig piece of pig, you think posting images of "pigs" makes you exempt from criticism? You think putting your name as "Ham" makes you impartial to being called a piece of pig? Your team is the fucking scum of reddit, collected into the scum of 9gag then left to rot in the sun until we're left with the putrid trash of tumblr. That's Jangle, and it's aptly named.
That's your fucking name, you dumb fucking Bojangle.
>>
>>66197519
When did you give Jangle your trip, Shamepai?
>>
File: Feels bad.png (229 KB, 414x520) Image search: [Google]
Feels bad.png
229 KB, 414x520
>>66197628
>tfw fucked up my shitty joke
>>
>>66197529
You are now picturing a diapered nat
Have fun unpicturing it
>>
>>66197685
fuck i'm not into diaper play
>>
File: this could be you.jpg (27 KB, 298x470) Image search: [Google]
this could be you.jpg
27 KB, 298x470
>>66197675
End self imho.
>>
>>66197727
Good idea imoco
>>
>>66193954
Post these on beeradvocate
>>
>>66197721
'd be cute if you were. just sayin
>>
File: Thanks!!!!.png (13 KB, 394x141) Image search: [Google]
Thanks!!!!.png
13 KB, 394x141
Thanks jangle!
>>
File: Droning Daily.png (3 MB, 2132x3276) Image search: [Google]
Droning Daily.png
3 MB, 2132x3276
started this

Mizutani / Les Rallizes Dénudés - Mizutani / Les Rallizes Dénudés (1991)
>psychedelic rock, psychedelic folk

Everybody calls this LRD's equivalent to the Velvet Underground's self-titled record, and that's definitely a fair comparison. The first 5 tracks on here, credited to Mizutani exclusively, are very calm, pretty, serene folk tracks. The guitar work is nice and so are the vocals. They're just very middle-of-the-road though, there's nothing distinctively LRD about them, they wouldn't be out of place on a fuckin' James Taylor record (well, besides the Japanese vocals). They're still really pretty though, and they serve as a nice calm before the storm of the final two tracks. "The Last One" is great, of course, but it's done much better on '77 Live, this one just feels quite a bit softer and doesn't pack as much of a punch. But "黒い悲しみのロマンセ Otherwise Fallin' Love With" is phenomenal, very raw and punky, I like it a lot. Good stuff, I like the style change.

3.0-
>>
>>66197912
t-thanks...

i'll do in and post it as the op pic, the thread might get taken down for CP but it'd be worth it
>>
>>66194238
>Black to Comm
Yeah I wonder what it's like knowing your entire discography will probably never live up to the greatness of your namesake song

>>66197675
I mean it would've been funny because it's accurate
>>
File: 51cKgns3W-L.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51cKgns3W-L.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
Legitimately upset this album is barely known
>>
File: daily3.png (2 MB, 1680x1372) Image search: [Google]
daily3.png
2 MB, 1680x1372
Freddie Hubbard - Ready For Freddie (1st impressions)
This album is very good. I liked it. Fuck you.
>>
File: Kaani.png (4 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
Kaani.png
4 MB, 1440x1440
My copy of Ask the Ages I downloaded was borked and all the songs cut off before the end and I really underestimated how long that Half Japanese album would be. I'm at a different internship now without the 3-hour round trip commute to the city so I'll have a lot less listening time in general anyway. So only one review today. More coming tomorrow.

Either way, it's going to be tough for Sonny to top this. But from what I've heard so far, it'll be close.

>Tal National - Kaani
A vibrant amalgamation of broad genre/style-descriptors--jazzy, funky, rockin'--obviously make for one very enjoyable listen. Now, such is afro-funk (and most electrically-supported afro-whatever genres in general, passive racism be damned), but let this album stand as a testament to the the genres potential (or something).

Out of the gate, this album doesn't hold back in terms of instrumentation. A vast range of percussive timbres, piano, keyboards, electric guitar and bass (who knows how many?), and who knows what else assault the ears on "Kaani". The pure enthusiasm of the sound is infectious as hell, forget the catchy music itself.

The synchronization of virtually every instrument with the syncopated rhythm of the vocals makes "Wongharey" one of the greatest and most instantly memorable moments on the album. The call and response nature of the song is especially fun.

>cont.
>>
>>66198061
Yeah I guess but I had to go and mess up the wording. Classic me.
>>66198240
>Fuck you
A bit rude don't you think
>>
File: TOURNEY.jpg (147 KB, 2000x1272) Image search: [Google]
TOURNEY.jpg
147 KB, 2000x1272
If by some chance you've been listening along, by now the technical prowess of every participating artist should be eminently evident. Every track is a tightly wound ball of polyrythmic complexity and everyone executes flawlessly. I'd struggle to call it mechanical--on the contrary it maintains a wholely natural feeling--but it sure is crazy impressive. The drummer in particular is legendary. Every review elsewhere loves to reference the band's extensive practice in the form of nightly five-hour concerts and other similar Herculean feats, which certainly explains the immaculate takes here.

The only obvious gripe I have is with the frequent lazy fade-outs to end each track. While it could be perceived that this is the best way to simulated the track trailing on forever, as many of these songs sound like they could, it just pulls me out of the album.
>8/10
>>
>>66198049
At that point you may as well just post your underwear. this thread is a mod shield so go ahead
>>
>>
>>66198458
Woah. That is not nice. Not nice at all.
>>
File: 41dxqpe.jpg (575 KB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
41dxqpe.jpg
575 KB, 4160x2340
JP Wiser's Double Still Rye Whisky
a few galsses k fuck off
43,4% ABV

WEEWW that's the stuff! Makes me all warm inside and it very easy to get down. Not too harsh and jus the right amount of heavy, quite very good.
8.5/10 BNW
>>
>>66198426
show /daily/ my fine skinny white boy ass ;)

that was too far i apologize

>>66198578
/daily/ - "watch jangle get progressively drunker" edition
>>
>>66198024
You should drone me instead of these fuck heads

Their boring music will bore you into a state of boredom.
>>
>>66198662
you and yamir get top drone spots next time i do this
>>
>>66198049
>>66198606
So glad to have you on Team "Fuck Me Daddy" Faggots
>>66198662
Not nice desu
>>
File: коты.jpg (74 KB, 552x604) Image search: [Google]
коты.jpg
74 KB, 552x604
>>66198458

What were your thoughts on Здopoвo и вeчнo?

>>66198578

Don't die of alcohol poisoning, or I'll have to kotpost to make up for the lack of pigposting.
>>
>>66198458
LIES AND SLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>66198606
IT"S "MORE DRUNK" TYOU FUCKING BUTTFACE!!!!!!
>>
>>66198505
right??

>>66198792
I'll letcha know soon hunny buns ;)))

>>66198811
tell that to the police.
>>
File: Le Schoenberg Fcae.jpg (202 KB, 1182x1575) Image search: [Google]
Le Schoenberg Fcae.jpg
202 KB, 1182x1575
Hey this Shoenberg fella is pretty good, maybe I should listen to more classical.
>>
>>66198860

What do the RYM police do? Make you listen to Divine Music From A Jail until you like it?
>>
>>66198986
nah they cut ya dick off
>>
>>66198986

But anon, it's Divine Music From a Jail, not "Okay Music From a Jail" or "Bad Music From a Jail"

>>66198999

nice
>>
>>66198811
I'm drinkin' a sissy lil' cosmo rn
what do you think of that mr jangle? ;^)
>>
Good Morning /daily/!

Black Sabbath was awesome yesterday, even though Ozzy looked dead as fuck lolz. Geezer and Tony were fantastic though.

Flying back home for the rest of the week today, woo! Finally gonna listen to that Gero tape I got.
>>
>>66198426
Not true, hampus does occasionally get banned (I got banned for showing a prolapsed anus once too)

>>66199233
Pic of cosmo pls
>>
File: photo.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>66199233
I think that's cool and I respect your beverage of choice. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>66199271
Hey Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>66199307
Hey Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>66199350
Hey pigger! Can we have us a drunk jangle selfie?
>>
>>66199271
Good morning doggo. Glad Sabbath was fun, did they do War Pigs?

I'm waiting for Rudi to surface so I can update the chart that he, ruggles, and I are sharing.
I also ordered the new CD by Minta & the Brook Trout, am very excited to hear it. Potential aoty or even 5 star album for me, I hope

>>66199307
>(I got banned for showing a prolapsed anus once too)
Why
You were so pure, gb
>>
File: what the fug.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>66199271

What Gero tape did you get?

Also, disk 3 of Soul's True Love is some sort of horrifying eldritch thing. Does Haino have any other recordings like it?
>>
File: 20160706_004518.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160706_004518.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
Cosmos ya bishes
>>
>>66199307
>(I got banned for showing a prolapsed anus once too)
Why
>>
>>66199350
>9.5
Is that a playlist based on your album scores? Not sure if genius or autistic. Neat. If I was trying to kill a day I might do that (I.e. I won't ever do it)
>>
>>66199474
it's ubside bown
fuggggg :DDDDDD
>>
>>66199450
>Good morning doggo. Glad Sabbath was fun, did they do War Pigs?
oh yes they did and it was great. However, it was all about N.I.B. Holy shit that was a good one.
>>66199456
>What Gero tape did you get?
It's a 1985 Unreleased Recordings tape that came with the limited edition of Moenai Hai.
>Also, disk 3 of Soul's True Love is some sort of horrifying eldritch thing. Does Haino have any other recordings like it?
Milky Way
>>
File: cosmo.jpg (946 KB, 2592x1866) Image search: [Google]
cosmo.jpg
946 KB, 2592x1866
>>66199535
wew! fixed (I hope)
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (68 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
68 KB, 480x480
>>66199399
Le andrew hill face pls don't meme me

>>66199504
yes, definitely autistic and i regret having that in frame
>>
>>66199495
>>66199450
It's not what goes into the prolapsed anus that defiles a man but what comes out
>>
>>66199584
Want
Pls pour in plastic sandwich bag and mail to me.

>>66199611
I kinda wish I had a 10 playlist. Also you look really happy and that makes me happy
Also surprised you aren't a pig

>>66199627
O-ok man
>>
>>66199546

Thanks. I think I may have fallen for the Haino meme.

>>66199611

>Not a literal pig

Disappointed.
>>
>>66199546
>However, it was all about N.I.B.
Explain this to me like I'm someone who can't figure out what n.I.b. stands for
Negative Israel Buoyancy?
>>
>>66199815

Niggas In Bouncycastles
>>
>>66199815
>Explain this to me like I'm someone who can't figure out what n.I.b. stands for
Not Interested Buddy ;^)
>>
File: 1462143471723.jpg (55 KB, 640x438) Image search: [Google]
1462143471723.jpg
55 KB, 640x438
>>66199856
(Heavy kek)

>>66199862
(Quantifiably lesser kek)
>>
>>66199936

>This kills the Jangle
>>
>>66199546
I love war pigs, am genuinely jealous
>>
File: 1374087457782.png (34 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1374087457782.png
34 KB, 666x666
>>66199999
>>
>>66200016
hahaha you fucking failure.
Did you pick an albim for team ham+mustard btw?
>>
>>66200051
>hahaha you fucking failure
I just wanted to see what it was :(

>Did you pick an albim for team ham+mustard btw?
I can't remember how that works. So many tourneys started at once
>>
if rudi doesn't give me some shit by 4 pm tomorrow he's being replaced.
>>
>>66200272
ikr, I picked melancholy & I have no idea what the other category was.

>>66200343
PENALIZE
TEAM
TRASH
>>
>>66199989
Hey Bear, you missed my troll review of Robbie Basho
>>66187121
>>66187756
>>66188218
>>
>>66200637
Romantic, he already gave a rec
>>
>>66200916
I was checking it out from the sidelines but good job jangle, saw all the (You)'s beforehand though so I already knew it was a troll
>>
>>66200343
:(
First one you haven't heard:
Peste Noire - Ballade Cuntre lo Anemi Francor
Current 93 - How I Devoured Apocalypse Balloon
ROME - Flowers from Exile
>>
Imagine reccing a 9 to scaruffi
>>
>>66201230
Instant road to his "Friends" page
>>
File: image.png (871 KB, 2061x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
871 KB, 2061x2000
And I think Nyar and Ruggles asked for this.
>>
>>66201604
Yo this is super cute btw
>>
>>66201120
You search that long for something representative and that's what you come up with?
>>
>>66202064
Yes. (Like I said, I couldn't find anything and then I suddenly got a deadline so I just gave what I had)
>>
File: Four A Day July 2016.png (3 MB, 1751x1219) Image search: [Google]
Four A Day July 2016.png
3 MB, 1751x1219
Gonna give some "thoughts" on these "music" """albums"""

>Keith Hudson - Playing It Cool & Playing It Right
I honestly can't name a track from this that was spectacular, but I feel like that wasn't the point here. Really laid back tunes that don't require your attention, but doesn't really care either way, because the vibes keep coming. Shows a lot more variation than most dub which keeps things interesting, but would've appreciated at least ONE stand-out moment. Oh well.

>Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa - Здopoвo и вeчнo
This makes me angry. I like this a lot, but I should LOVE it! Look at those genres:
>Post-Punk, Noise Rock, Industrial Rock, Hardcore Punk
The FUCK??? This has a chilling, dark, and disturbed vibe to it, and the variation in instruments (flutes, noises, looping, various sound effects) but unfortunately, the gorilla quality and production diminished a lot of the love I could've had for this. Oh well.

>Guru Guru - Dance of the Flames
Had a lot of awesome moments, especially in the second half and the first couple tracks, but a lot of these jams had no substance for me. I also wasn't a huge fan of the vocal styles. Oh well.

>芸能山城組 - Ecophony Rinne
Last track was really great, and the second to last track was an alright gamelan track, but otherwise it sounds like a "tribal ambient-new wave" album would sound. Oh well.
>>
>>66202997
Glad to see you haven't given up on reviews

Have you said anything about 8+9? I need to know your hot onions on it
>>
dank steaming memes
>>
>>66203047
>>66188309
xP
>>
>>66203094
pls
>>
>>66203100
Are you blind?
>>
>>66203179
Hey transgod, glad you're expanding interests
>>
I followed a suggestion of someone talking about an ambient artist, his name start with something like oug-ouc ...There is a ou, an a and a g I'm fairly sure.
The sound was melancholic, contained both instruments and electronic (mostly the latter).
The cover of the album is a white and gray cover, maybe with something geometric or some mountain.
Unfortunately I listened to it on youtube in an anonymous tab. I was in stupor and I closed the window like an idiot.
Does anybody have any hint to what the name was?
>>
File: cover.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
this is all i'm feeling like listening rn, what other sonic youth albums are similar?
>>
>>66203175
I am legally blind yes. I even wear glasses occasionally.
>>
File: time to leave.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
time to leave.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
thread is broken abandon ship
>>
File: tedcruz.png (343 KB, 899x745) Image search: [Google]
tedcruz.png
343 KB, 899x745
what could he mean by this?
>>
File: delet this my guy.jpg (27 KB, 486x412) Image search: [Google]
delet this my guy.jpg
27 KB, 486x412
>>66203667
>ted cruz profile pic
>username: johnnygalt
>>
>>66203270
>>66203242
>>66203223
>>66203179
>>66203160
do people actually get off to this
>>
i'm playing random shit i've been digging lately in the plug, feel free to drop by
>>
File: lost all hope.png (64 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
lost all hope.png
64 KB, 500x300
>mfw Stereolab is an hour long
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461568786119.jpg (8 KB, 244x200) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461568786119.jpg
8 KB, 244x200
Mfw people suggested me to listen to german post-rock but it actually sucks
>>
>>66203667
So you finally made the interview huh?
>>
seize the means of production
do it
now
>>
File: 700.jpg (23 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
23 KB, 600x606
hey just bought Long Season because a whole bunch are surfacing on Amazon for relatively chaep
music for this feel
>>
>>66204744
fishmans - long season (sic)
>>
File: capitalism kills.jpg (193 KB, 1023x995) Image search: [Google]
capitalism kills.jpg
193 KB, 1023x995
guys i just want a class war i want to bash skinhead skulls in ;_;
>>
File: california-capitol-stabbings.jpg (161 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
california-capitol-stabbings.jpg
161 KB, 620x349
>>66204897
>i want to bash skinhead skulls in

riiiiiiiight

>be a leftist
>gather a couple hundred of your buddies with the intention of breaking up and beating up a far-right rally of 20 people
>end up getting beaten and stabbed with your own weapons

liberalism: not even once
>>
File: 1467632368027.png (47 KB, 609x291) Image search: [Google]
1467632368027.png
47 KB, 609x291
>>66204949
>>
>>66204982
sounds gay t b h
>>
File: colour green.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
colour green.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
This is gorgeous, oh my god. Makes me sad that these songs didn't surface until 30 years after they'd been recorded.

>>66204949
>be a neo-nazi
>use this event as """reasoning""" that muh freedoms are under attack
>gain misguided, thoroughly undeserved sympathy

fascism: not even once
>>
>>66205029
yay, glad you like it :)
>>
>>66205029
>be a neo-nazi

not much of a neo-nazi myself t b h, i just always get a laugh out of college liberals realizing that their internet bravado doesn't translate to real life at all, not even when they've got a ridiculous degree of advantage over whoever it is they're trying to antagonize

>use this event as """reasoning""" that muh freedoms are under attack

literally none of the neo-nazis showed up with any sorts of weapons or any interest in violence. they got weapons by wrestling them away from antifa and they engaged in violence as a means of self defense against a group which massively outnumbered them.
antifa responding to a tiny gathering of fringe weirdos in such a frenzied and bloodthirsty way(and ironically having to be rescued by the cops, which i'm sure they loathe only marginally less than they loathe neonazis) is certainly cause for concern imo

>gain misguided, thoroughly undeserved sympathy

i think a couple dozen lads who had to fight off several hundred people who were out to send them to the hospital for having certain opinions are certainly deserving of sympathy
i'd be equally sympathetic if it was a few hundred neonazis going after a dozen liberals
>>
File: fuckin ugly reds.png (422 KB, 549x427) Image search: [Google]
fuckin ugly reds.png
422 KB, 549x427
>>66204949
>liberalism: not even once
ITT: babby mistakes liberals for actual leftists

see >>66203072
>>
>>66201120
finally. added. will start this today.
>>
>>66205240
commie/socialist posturing is just a tumblr fashion statement desu.
all those kids' political beliefs are always such an incoherent mess of old time leftism mixed in with obsessive praise of social movements and rights which have been provided for them entirely by the neoliberal capitalist system and which an "actual leftist" regime would either be indifferent or actively hostile towards that it's obvious their main motivation is winding up mom and dad.

you enjoy your memes tho.
>>
Droning Daily.png
3 MB, 2132x3276
Sibylle Baier - Colour Green (2006)
>singer/songwriter, contemporary folk

Such heartachingly lovely and beautiful folk music. Everything here just works incredibly well, the melodies are gorgeous, Baier's voice is incredible, and the very hushed guitar playing fits her voice so incredibly well. Every track does sound very similar, as every single track (except the last one, which is by a margin my least favorite track here) has a very similar sound, but the sound is so wonderful I don't even care. And the album is a perfect, short length that no theme gets played out too much. Wonderful stuff.

3.5-

>>66205206
does a group that actively demeans, oppresses, and campaigns for the suffering and hate of certain races/creeds/sexual orientations/gender really deserve sympathy if they're attacked? i'm sure these people would do exactly the same if they ran into a black lives matter rally or a gay pride parade.
>>
Can I get some recs? Need to download some shit for being stuck on the bus in the jam that will inevitably happen at T in the Park. Preferably noisy guitars, folk, soul, synthpop, whatever but just not jazz atm.
>>
>>66205435
>rights which have been provided for them entirely by the neoliberal capitalist system and which an "actual leftist" regime would either be indifferent or actively hostile towards
Whatever makes you think this is true? And try not to mention megalomaniac communist dictators like Stalin because they are not representative of socialist thought at all.

Also, it's true that there are many "liberals" out there who praise "socialism" (usually this socialism is actually social-democracy) but that doesn't mean that this goes for everyone. You wouldn't find many actual socialists if you went to a Sanders rally, but that doesn't mean that socialists don't exist whatsoever.
>>
>>66205502
btw where should i start with John Fahey, need to finally get into him.
>>
File: jfdhgb.jpg (244 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jfdhgb.jpg
244 KB, 1000x1000
>>66205565
YES

I think Days Have Gone By is a great start for him. If you like the simple, more blues influenced pieces, go backwards. If you like the more out-there, classical-esque pieces, go forward.
>>
>>66205447
>does a group that actively demeans, oppresses, and campaigns for the suffering and hate of certain races/creeds/sexual orientations/gender really deserve sympathy if they're attacked?

yeah, at least as long as you've got any aspirations of living in a civilized and democratic society

>i'm sure these people would do exactly the same if they ran into a black lives matter rally or a gay pride parade.

you should read more news then
the only time these sorts of things happen at liberal gatherings is when it's one of these groups fucking with the other, such as BLM disrupting gay parades or liberal politicians' rallies
even then they're just being disruptive and not actively violent whereas antifa regularly have these sorts of clashes with right-wingers, especially in europe(where they also usually wreck the neighbourhoods and assault random bystanders in whichever area they're spazzing out in, even at the sacramento rally one of the only people antifa actually managed to beat up was a random dude who was passing by the area and had nothing to do with the neonazis)

>>66205524
>And try not to mention megalomaniac communist dictators like Stalin because they are not representative of socialist thought at all.

oh, so you are one of those very tumblr "leftists" i was talking about. i figured as much with how much of a memer you are desu, but i wasn't gonna jump to conclusions.
the closest socialism ever got to working, even if it was only for a very brief period, was yugoslavia(which was also not a socially liberal country by any stretch of the imagination), and look at what happened there

still doe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0
>>
File: many memes.png (231 KB, 247x239) Image search: [Google]
many memes.png
231 KB, 247x239
>it's a /daily/ tries to politics episode
>>
File: 1464715615572-Recovered.png (1 MB, 2336x1188) Image search: [Google]
1464715615572-Recovered.png
1 MB, 2336x1188
Got some really good recs this round.

Kinda hard to decide whether Torts or Terminus goes through, but chose Terminus in the end, because his pick was very interesting and I thought Torts' rec was a lesser performance of TBGoM's rec, plus the piano quintet was the real winner on that one.

Gimme your final recs!
>>
>>66205727
"hahaha"
>>
File: sa fishmans.jpg (131 KB, 482x297) Image search: [Google]
sa fishmans.jpg
131 KB, 482x297
Ok so that new Fishmans thingy that dun gone and came out

Really good in short
more dubby than what would come later and I kind of dig that aspect
Obviously the main attraction here is the performance of Long Season, which, while not as good as the 98.12.28 version is still good in it's own right
it doesn't really need any further thoughts I guess, go listen to it, I'd probably give it a 9/10
>>
>>66202997
Good Keith Hudson score, lad.
>>66205727
>it's a 4chan tries to politics episode
>>
>>66202997
>>66205965
>Good Keith Hudson score, lad.
i agree with this, glad you liked it fish!
>>
>>66205654
Alright mate, if you want to believe that full-blown communism is the only form of socialist thought and that socialism cannot possibly work (forgetting that capitalism only works because of blatant exploitation and could never survive in its current state if we didn't exploit various poor countries, so it's not like capitalism runs all that smoothly), go ahead, but in that case I will consider discussing these matters with you a waste of time and effort.

>>66205745
ok do u want cool music from italy, cool music from brazil, or cool music from the glorious us of a
>>
>>66206173
I'm Italian and I will feel ashamed if you pick albums from my country I didn't even listen once.
Btw finished hearing Solar Bears - Advancement and it's quide a good deal. Progressive electronic with a very ambient feeling, good use of sequencer and field recordings even if it's a bit of déjà heard.
>>
File: shit tourney 5.png (1 MB, 2000x1272) Image search: [Google]
shit tourney 5.png
1 MB, 2000x1272
oh yeah smurm need a rec dog
>>
>>66198674
me too pls
>>
>>66206173
uh
Brazil maybe? But it kinda depends what it is desu, could be anything. USA could be good. Don't think I've heard much cool Italian stuff beyond opera's so that could be cool.......
(why you gotta make it so hard :( )
>>
>>66206246
u got it
>>
>>66206235
>I'm Italian and I will feel ashamed if you pick albums from my country I didn't even listen once.
You didn't listen to the thing I want to rec to Rudi, I can assure you.
>>
>>66206292
thnx babe
>>
File: forca bruta.jpg (66 KB, 498x498) Image search: [Google]
forca bruta.jpg
66 KB, 498x498
>>66206276
I want to rec you this (Jorge Ben - Forca Bruta), if you're interested in it. The Italian thing is somewhat of a mixture of baroque music and Italian folk music, the American thing is free afro-jazz (by The Pyramids, you might've already listened to them though).
>>
>>66206292
pls
>>
>>66206293
we'll see.
>>
>>66206347
Sorry Torts, you lost

(I'll take that thingy, heard the Pyramids)
>>
File: homo fugit velut umbra.jpg (46 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
homo fugit velut umbra.jpg
46 KB, 600x536
>>66206384
did u hear this tho
>>
>>66206502
not even had the slightest idea. And it's even bold on RYM! I'll download it asap.
>>
>>66206347
>>66206482
>Sorry Torts, you lost
>Terminus rec'd one of my fav albums that i rec'd to them
okay yeah sure I sure lost alright :'^)
>>
>>66206558
You didn't rec it to me, I recced it to myself by droning you. There's a difference!!
>>
>>66206581
>I also brought The Pyramids to these threads
;'"^) you may be the meme master here, but I'm the taste king senpai
>>
File: tuco judges the rym algorithm.png (1 MB, 842x856) Image search: [Google]
tuco judges the rym algorithm.png
1 MB, 842x856
Neil Young - Everybody Knows this is Nowhere
eh, wasn't a fan
pretty standard, nothing really grabbed me as on On the Beach or After the Gold Rush

Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet
filled with jams, unfortunately none of them quite reach the highs of the preceding or succeeding albums

Shit's OVER
what now
>>
>>66206642
>what now
drone me duh
>>
>>66206642
>>66206642
>>
>>66206699
How many algorithm charts do you intend to do?
>>
>>66206699
actually I think maybe I'll take that one VU bootleg off there, it's 5 hours long
>>
>>66206719
till I've listened to all of the music
>>
>>66206699
Half Japanese
>>
>>66206642
If you liked Dub Housing that much, go for New Picnic Time, they even went more abstract.
Boris Feedbacker inevitably leads to Flood.
Another Green World ---> Before and After Science
Helium ---> Sargasso Sea
Piper at the Gates of Dawn ---> A Saucerful of Secrets
Desertshore ---> The Marble Index
Have One on Me ---> Divers
Music Has the Right to Children ---> Geogaddi
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere ---> Tonight's the Night/Live Rust
Blue ---> Count and Spark/Hejira
The Mollusk ---> GodWeenSatan
Safe as Milk ---> Mirror Man
Fun House ---> Raw Power
Faust ---> Faust IV
Alien Soundtracks ---> Half Machine Lip Moves
At Action Park ---> move back to Big Black and stick with it
>>
Tom Waits- Swordfishtrombones

When this is just a little weird, it's golden. Especially when Waits goes off on rambling spoken word sections(Frank's Wild Years). But sometimes the album gets a little too weird for it's own good and it sounds like shitty carnival music (specifically the first song). But most of the time it's some pretty great surrealish blues.

6.5/10

>>66206699
Do Dirty first
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (4 MB, 1358x1358) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
4 MB, 1358x1358
>>66206773
oops forgot picture

Shiny Beast next, maybe Let Love In later today
any specific recs for today?
>>
>>66206353
u too don't worry
>>
>>66206805
do Laughing Stock
>>
>>66206773
>>66206805
>he doesn't like Underground
the only shitty carnival here is your existence, you limp-cocked smegma sandwich

I told you to listen to Third by Portishead before, now do it. Also listen to Talk Talk.
>>
>>66206805
My Favorite Things or SM Third please they are some of my favorite albums ever pls pls pls
>>
I'm looking for an artist/composer:
I followed a suggestion of someone talking about an ambient artist, his name start with something like oug-ouc ...There is a ou, an a and a g I'm fairly sure.
The sound was melancholic, contained both instruments and electronic (mostly the latter).
The cover of the album is a white and gray cover, maybe with something geometric or some mountain.
Unfortunately I listened to it on youtube in an anonymous tab. I was in stupor and I closed the window like an idiot.
Does anybody have any hint to what the name was?
>>
>>66206819
will do

>>66206824
since you're being a slimy shitjuggler I'll listen to the other third but not the portishead one
>>
>>66206850
YISS
If you like jazzy prog rock you will be blown away
>>
>>66206842
It was in a thread about album of the year, or something similar
>>
>>66206938
>>66206842
because I have literally nothing to do I searched for and found three albums that meet your criteria, order of probability:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ocoeur/reversed/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dalhous/the_composite_moods_collection_vol_1__house_number_44/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sophia_loizou/singulacra/
>>
Y'all better watch this or I'll hurdy your gurdys at night!
https://twitter.com/boilerroomtv/status/750695518725169152
>>
>>66207195
oooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>66207195
>https://twitter.com/boilerroomtv/status/750695518725169152
but that starts at like 4 in the morning in america
>>
>>66207157
Oh my God! It's Ocoeur! I couldn't find it! How can I thank you?
>>
>>66207589
Thought so, you don't have to thank me, I was thankful to be able to waste another 10 min not working on my thesis. :)
>>
Droning Daily.png
3 MB, 2132x3276
Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation (1977)
>punk rock, art punk

Like Television, but a lot edgier, punkier, and not nearly as good. It's very technically proficient, but I just don't really care for the way that they use this proficiency, every technical flourish seems wanky rather than practical. At its core this is a pretty solid punk record though, the title track is an amazing track and I really do like Hell's frantic, yelpy vocal style.

2.5-

FKA twigs - M3LL155X (2015)
>art pop, glitch pop, uk bass

Very pleasantly surprised by this, because I really don't care for her LP1 release. There's nothing groundbreaking here, and a lot of the melodies do fall kinda flat and feel very generically poppy, but the production and vocals are both very nice and compliment each other very well. I like this quite a bit.

2.5+
>>
>>66207714
T H U G G E R T H U G G E R N E X T
H
U
G
G
E
R

T
H
U
G
G
E
R

N
E
X
T
>>
>>66207643
Tomorrow I'm presenting mine and will have to repeat the year because I couldn't finish it in time (full time job, plus a start-over).
I listened to Ocoeur all the 2 hours before the deadline in a kind of drunken stupor: amazing experience.
I suppose you already know of her, but have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98fqXx-KFgI
and this:
https://soundcloud.com/umdotdot
>>
>>66207761
:/ that sucks, hope it works out in the end
I had a delay too, but was allowed to present it anyway, luckily enough. I hope to finish by the end of the week so that'll be good.
Thanks for the music!
>>
File: David 2.png (204 KB, 439x474) Image search: [Google]
David 2.png
204 KB, 439x474
come plug nerds
>>
>>66190355
>>66194517
This is NOT ok.
>>66206241
Fuck nat's opinions listen to this:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/grouper/dragging_a_dead_deer_up_a_hill/
If you've heard it, either of these will do:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/rome_f1/flowers_from_exile/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/woven_hand/blush_music/
>>
>>66207743
will do

>>66207896
:'(
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.