[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is pirate metal patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: alestorm.jpg (52 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
alestorm.jpg
52 KB, 600x435
is pirate metal patrician?
>>
no the only good metal is black, doom, osdm, drone, and thrash you idiet
>>
>>66187169
>a specific genre generated from a shitty gimmick
No.
Plus, everyone I've met that it's into pirate metal gives it the most high praise like its some genius work and they usually try to look hard and "metal af".
>>
>>66187187
keke back to /metal/ elitist dumfuck
>>
Alestorm sounds really bad, its lyrics and riffs are both uninspired.

Waste of a genre, at least The Dreadnoughts exist.
>>
Read this as prairie metal. Is that a thing?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfol_TLLnIw
kek. what the fuck
>>
File: mrb6x3.jpg (141 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
mrb6x3.jpg
141 KB, 600x300
>>66187169
chap hop is the most patrician my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiRPBCiJg2c
>>
Alestorm exist within the lowest form of music imaginable to humans, the absolute scum at the bottom of the barrel at the bottom of the deepest ocean, the horrific and awful cult known as Youtube Gimmick Musicians.

Youtube Gimmick Bands, in brief terms, are essentially “musicians” who try to sell their music to the masses by focusing on something that isn’t musical quality, because we know that the masses don’t buy quality. Be it a little gimmick like having a tough-girl lead vocalist and covering 70’s hard rock songs, or a huge one like Alestorm here, it’s the buzzfeed of the music world. As little musical quality as possible, catchy and memorable lyrics, an over-the-top image (bonus points for attractive female), and an eye-catching music video for all the sheep to share. The lead single from Sunset of the Golden Age, “Drink”, is a clickbait song in the most obvious form, even going as far as taking a good ol’ circlejerk topic (beer) to make those 40-something old men share it with a caption of “looks like metal isn’t dead \m/ up teh irons”.
>>
>>66188407
>we've got us a map
>to lead us to a hidden box
>that's all locked up with locks
>and buried deep away
>we'll dig up the box
>we know it's full of precious booty
>burst open the locks
>and then we'll say hooray

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>66188374
/metal/ hates all of this though
>>
>>66187169
Running Wild is the only meal band allowed to sing about pirates
>>
Honestly, while Alestorm as a whole are gimmicky and pretty boring, I think their latest album was pretty great. They're better when they stick to the "epic tale" sort of songwriting over the "duuude drink lmao" songs. Still cheesy as fuck, but that's what Power/Folk metal is, if you're not into that stuff, you wouldn't like Alestorm in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzONnhxrWk
>>
It's only patrician if you listen to it ironically and keep a ratio of listening to at least ten Running Wild songs for each Alestorm song you listen to.
>>
Viking Metal is infinity better.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.