[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twenty One Pilots is a band that this generation needs TOP'S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
Twenty One Pilots is a band that this generation needs TOP'S music promotes positivity and self awareness.. There is nothing wrong with that.

Let's just say they aren't some horrible teeny bopper band with auto tune and simple lyrics. The lyrics definitely have meaning.
All in all, out of 10 stars, I'd give this band an 8.5. I really do appreciate everything they put out. It's not like the trash you hear Lil Wayne or 2 Chainz put out for younger audiences to hear.
>>
oasis is better
>>
le meme
>>
>promotes positivity and self awareness

excellent addition to the meme, you've taken this to the next level
genuine kudos on the work my man
>>
MODS
>>
>>66185748
My review of Blurryface.

Blurryface is an album made for teens who are "mildly depressed" and feel socially alienated. In the 90's these kids would turn to much more interesting and much more developed music made by bands like Radiohead-today in a post R&B and indie era, the youth no longer wants to explore music but simply listen to the things that they are force fed by the radio and can enjoy without challenging themselves.

21 pilots manages to fill this void and somehow produce a album that has a vague concept and a vague meaning behind it all. As a result it manages to impact teens who have yet to feel the true impact of real meaningful music.
It creates a false sense of "depth"-but in reality the album is only about as deep as a kiddie pool. Dive in, and you will hit your head and drown in its idiocy.

Blurryface is the worst album of this decade for sure.
>>
File: 1467174477762.png (401 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1467174477762.png
401 KB, 854x480
>>66185748
I GET IT GUYS. I FUCKING GET IT IT'S SUMMER. THE KIDDOS ARE OUT OF SCHOOL AND ARE ASKING FOR RECS BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T EVEN LISTENED TO ANYTHING BESIDES DEATH GRIPS AND ANCO AND THEY WANT TO BE SUPERIOR TO ALL THEIR NORMIE SCHOOL PALS WHEN SUMMER IS OVER. ANTHONY FANTANO THREADS RUN RAMPANT AND EVERY THIRD THREAD IS ABOUT FUCKING BLURRYFACE BECAUSE THEY WANT FUNNI /MU/TANT REACTIONS SO THEY CAN SCREENCAP IT AND POST IT ON /R/4CHAN. WE GET IT. WE FUCKING GET IT. THIS IS AN ALBUM. IT EXISTS. BIG DEAL YOU SHILLS. WHILE WE'RE AT IT, LET'S HAVE MORE BAND HAS TWO DRUMMERS SPONGEBOB CAVEMAN MEME THREADS! MORE WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS THREADS! AND THE YELLOW FEVER IS AT AN ALLTIME HIGH IN THE KPOP GENERAL, WITH THOUSANDS OF LITTLE SHITS DIDDLING THEMSELVES TO WEBMS OF KPOP STARS DOING THE MOST MENIAL TASKS. YOU'RE NOT FUNNY. YOU'RE NOTHING.
>>
File: 1467071987713.png (17 KB, 1226x150) Image search: [Google]
1467071987713.png
17 KB, 1226x150
>>66185857
my review of blurryface

This is an awesome album! I received it in the mail today as a preorder through their website. As with previous albums, Twenty One Pilots keep up their consistent theme of thoughtful/philosophical poetry based lyrics, which are written by the singer, Tyler Joseph. The sound of the music itself is kind of a passionate and genre-bridging mix of rap, rock, indie pop, hip hop, emo, electronic and reggae music (which varies depending on the song). Plus the singer both raps and sings in most songs. The singer also plays the keyboard, piano, ukulele and bass guitar. The drummer, Josh Dun (it's a two-member band), is very talented too! I first heard this band locally a few years ago at Arkansas State University, where they stole the show as an opener to the great live band Neon Trees.

They seem to have a deep religious theme in most of their songs (especially the ones that aren't top singles), as with many of the songs the singer seems to actually be singing to God, while others have clear religious references. However, even as an agnostic (unknowing/undecided) I don't mind in the least bit as I sing along, because it seems more like existentialism, which emphasizes the free and responsible individual who is determining their own development in the face of the disorientation and confusion of an apparently absurd world, rather than evangelism/preaching (which in my opinion it is not).

That's just what I get out of them anyway, and you might get something different from them, but for me it's about the critical personal pursuit of the purpose/meaning of life...dealing with one's happiness/unhappiness...and hopefully finding the joy in your beliefs to push through it all.

In my opinion, their name deserves to be mentioned alongside figures like John Lennon and Leo Tolstoy. They're that good on so many levels -- musically and intellectually. They entertain me. They inspire me to create. They make me think. A+++
>>
>>66185901
>john lennon deserves to be mentioned alongside figures like tolstoy

k we ek
>>
>>66185901
My review of Blurryface

To be honest, it isn't that bad. Yeah I've listened to better albums and yeah it's not something I'm going to get excited about listening too again. But it really isn't anywhere near the worst album I've ever heard. Got some fucking catchy hooks, the lyrics get preachy at times but the messages behind them tend to be relatively positive and there's a few instances of decent wordplay. I'd say the album overstays it's welcome and could easily have 20-25 minutes cut off. It's nice to hear a pop band that isn't completely shallow and I could see this band acting as a kind of gateway to deeper music. Don't forget, these guys ARE a pop band, they're not made for "us" this isn't fucking Can or Miles Davis. It's aimed at 14 year old girls and really, they can do worse than this album. It has some sparks of genuine talent here, especially with the way they keep a distinct sound while still taking cues from other genres.

Overall, I'd give it a 6, it's good. Nothing amazing, I won't rush back to it but it isn't the worst album ever. It's fucking stupid at points, up it's own ass, just way to serious. But I think they could evolve into an enjoyable band if they had a laugh and stopped trying to be so deep all the time.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.